[Q]HTC One rebootloop (turns on, reboots after 45 seconds)

Search This thread

herbivoor

Nov 28, 2012
Tonight, my HTC One ran out of battery so I hooked it up to a charger. I wanted to use it but it keeps rebooting every 45 seconds.

It has been over an hour (11:25 pm here) and I don't know what to do, I need my phone and its data tomorrow.

I'm on MaximusHD 30.0 and I didn't do anything weird or out of the ordinary.

Already tried wiping cache and Dalvik, but no cigar.

LibertyMarine

Sep 26, 2013
Tonight, my HTC One ran out of battery so I hooked it up to a charger. I wanted to use it but it keeps rebooting every 45 seconds.

It has been over an hour (11:25 pm here) and I don't know what to do, I need my phone and its data tomorrow.

I'm on MaximusHD 30.0 and I didn't do anything weird or out of the ordinary.

Already tried wiping cache and Dalvik, but no cigar.

make a /data backup and try deleting the data parition... its possible that the data partition is corrupted throught the instant reboot after the battery ran out. And this would also explane why it reboots that late. And resetting the /data partition (without /data/meida - that's automatically set this way in TWRP and CWM) isn't dangerous if you previously made a bakup

BadAzDB

Sep 1, 2013
Worst case, flash a different rom

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

herbivoor

Nov 28, 2012
make a /data backup and try deleting the data parition... its possible that the data partition is corrupted throught the instant reboot after the battery ran out. And this would also explane why it reboots that late. And resetting the /data partition (without /data/meida - that's automatically set this way in TWRP and CWM) isn't dangerous if you previously made a bakup

Worst case, flash a different rom

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Thanks guys!

I was able to get into recovery and adb push my rom (took 4000 seconds!). I did a dirty flash and backed up all my info, now I will wipe
everything.

Thanks for the help!