[Q] S Note force crashes after official Android 4.3 update

Search This thread

tonysan972

Jan 26, 2014
Thanx a lot

Here's how I got mine to finally work:
  • Add the "S Note (direct) 4 x 1" widget to your screen.
  • Tap on the widget's pen button to create a new note.
  • Exit out of S Note, and from now on, you can open the app from the regular app icon. You can also remove the widget that you added.
If this works for anyone else, feel free to say so. I don't know if this is really the "fix" or if it was just coincidence. I didn't want to do a factory reset either, so I tried several things beforehand, including clearing cache/data and even trying to disable the syncing.

It works!

AAbonce

Jan 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Thanks!

• Exit out of S Note, and from now on, you can open the app from the regular app icon. You can also remove the widget that you added.
If this works for anyone else, feel free to say so. I don't know if this is really the "fix" or if it was just coincidence. I didn't want to do a factory reset either, so I tried several things beforehand, including clearing cache/data and even trying to disable the syncing.

That is the weirdest solution. But it worked on mine.

sponsor79

Feb 4, 2007
New version of SNote is on Samsung apps. Version from note 3 that it's working including import and settings :)

Tapatalk/GT-N7100

Artstar

Dec 29, 2012
...snip...

Sir, you are a legend. Thank you for sharing this as I had the same issue with my N7105T, despite having received the updated SNote from the Samsung Apps store. I tried creating a new note by simply pulling out the pen as per normal but only by doing what you did with the widget seemed to actually cure the problem. Thanks for saving us the hassle of a factory reset! :good:

Last edited:

mrbandwidth

Aug 21, 2005
Same problem here, S-Note and Quick Commands crashing like a dog on upgrade to 4.3 (device N7100).

Tried to delete app data/cache and restart, but not working.

The 'solution' posted by Myrith only allows to start the S-Note application, but the Productivity Tools button (equations, shapes, etc...) CRASH THE APP ANYWAY ALL THE TIME.

Imagine if Nokia had upgraded its device Nokia XpressMusic and then music app would crash everytime, so you can't listen music. You'd say 'XpressMusic, my ass!'.

So, now we have a device named 'Note' with a spoiled Notes app. Yeah, great work!

WHAT A F... SHAME, SAMSUNG! WHAT A F... SHAME!!

ThePooBurner

Dec 5, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A20
New version of SNote is on Samsung apps. Version from note 3 that it's working including import and settings :)

Tapatalk/GT-N7100

I looked in Samsung Apps just now and i didn't see a new version in there in the updates. Do you have a link to it on the store? or a version number than i could compare with the installed version on my phone to see if i already have it? I can open it with the S-pen, but i can't get to the settings. This only began after i cleared the dalvik cache this afternoon when trying to get the phone to stop wigging out after upgrading to 4.3 ota (which didn't clear the caches before).

sponsor79

Feb 4, 2007
I looked in Samsung Apps just now and i didn't see a new version in there in the updates. Do you have a link to it on the store? or a version number than i could compare with the installed version on my phone to see if i already have it? I can open it with the S-pen, but i can't get to the settings. This only began after i cleared the dalvik cache this afternoon when trying to get the phone to stop wigging out after upgrading to 4.3 ota (which didn't clear the caches before).

This is SNote version 3. Originally it was only on note 3. Now it's also on note 2. This version with red icon works OK.

http://www.samsungapps.com/appquery...ng.android.snote&cntyTxt=260&equipID=GT-N7100

Tapatalk/GT-N7100

Reactions: xdapao3

ThePooBurner

Dec 5, 2012
Samsung Galaxy A20
This is SNote version 3. Originally it was only on note 3. Now it's also on note 2. This version with red icon works OK.

http://www.samsungapps.com/appquery...ng.android.snote&cntyTxt=260&equipID=GT-N7100

Tapatalk/GT-N7100

When I try to follow that link i am redirected to http://apps.samsung.com/mars/main/getMain.as?COUNTRY_CODE=USA and when i try and search for "S Note" in the search bar i get nothing but a bunch of fluff apps that are not the official samsung apps.

absinthesummer

Account currently disabled
May 16, 2012
Usa
meettomy.site
I had a problem with the "new" s note app crashing (the one for the note 3) on my note 2. I tried everything, especially everything in this thread and nothing worked. I couldn't even get past the set-up screens (choose notebook cover and default page template and sync settings, etc), it would constantly crash when I'd hit start. I found a random solution somewhere that I didn't think would work because it was entirely unrelated, but it DID work!

Went into settings> language & input> samsung keyboard settings> input languages (here it told me I needed to update the english language pack, so I did), back out of settings after updating the language pack, close all running/recent apps, and then try running s note again. This time it should work. It did for me. I have no idea why the language pack for the keyboard would interfere with s note, but on mine it did because I tried literally everything else I could think of to find a solution to the problem. This was the only thing that got me up and running (and didn't require a full reset!) :D So, if you're having issues with s note, try updating your samsung keyboard language pack and it just might work ;)

waqar.qu

Mar 9, 2014
To no avial.

I had a problem with the "new" s note app crashing (the one for the note 3) on my note 2. I tried everything, especially everything in this thread and nothing worked. I couldn't even get past the set-up screens (choose notebook cover and default page template and sync settings, etc), it would constantly crash when I'd hit start. I found a random solution somewhere that I didn't think would work because it was entirely unrelated, but it DID work!

Went into settings> language & input> samsung keyboard settings> input languages (here it told me I needed to update the english language pack, so I did), back out of settings after updating the language pack, close all running/recent apps, and then try running s note again. This time it should work. It did for me. I have no idea why the language pack for the keyboard would interfere with s note, but on mine it did because I tried literally everything else I could think of to find a solution to the problem. This was the only thing that got me up and running (and didn't require a full reset!) :D So, if you're having issues with s note, try updating your samsung keyboard language pack and it just might work ;)

Sigh, didn't work for me. Can't believe they still haven't come up with a fix. Such an expensive phone and I can't even get their snote app working.

#G#

Mar 9, 2008
works, fixed solved thanks

works great here too thank you!

daj_ky

Mar 19, 2014

Based on your suggestion, I pulled out my S pen and created a new memo from my S pen page. Works great, now! Thanks!

twojags

Sep 1, 2004

Big thanks to absinthesummer. Your advice to download update of English language on my N7105 did the trick. I downloaded the updated language list then went into the language setting and updated both english uk and english us and ticked both. Following a restart I took the pen out and it ran snote from the start. Now working fine and I can access my old notes again.

absinthesummer

Account currently disabled
May 16, 2012
Usa
meettomy.site
Awesome! I'm glad it worked for you. It worked on my i317 too and I thought it could help some who can't get theirs working through traditional means.

twojags

Sep 1, 2004
Awesome! I'm glad it worked for you. It worked on my i317 too and I thought it could help some who can't get theirs working through traditional means.

Have just received a new update to 4.3 on my note II N7105.
Snote started crashing again.
I did the language update again and presto it's working again.

when you get the update language warning box and click ok to update you should see an update box next to the languages ticked.
Select these before you come out and the download bar will be seen.
I thought it had updated by just saying ok to update. It doesn't update until you hit the button.
I've got uk english and us english downloaded and ticked.

samsung clearly still haven't sorted this yet in the new update.

Reactions: pigeon

mattygaga2012

I can't get my s note app to update

I have a Galaxy Note 2 N7105 and when I go to update the app it says "Installation Failed (-24)" and it just won't install at all. I am running a H3G Branded handset, unlocked and 4.4.2 with S Note (old app). It will let me install any other app except from this S Note update!!! Please help!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I updated my Note 2 with Android 4.3 using KIES. However, S Note application is crashing with error message "Unfortunately, S Note has stopped". I had similar problem with Talktatone. However, I resolved it by clearing the cache & data. But same solution is not working for S Note. Any solution ??

This worked for me, thanks! I have a Note 2 on Sprint (SPH-L900). Saved me from doing a factory restore!!

There a new version of S Note app Samsung Apps. After installing it will prompt to import old S note data. If you have a large amount of notes it will be processing for quite a long time.
    I updated my Note 2 with Android 4.3 using KIES. However, S Note application is crashing with error message "Unfortunately, S Note has stopped". I had similar problem with Talktatone. However, I resolved it by clearing the cache & data. But same solution is not working for S Note. Any solution ??