Problem when Rooting! Not Noob Problem! Tried Everything!

Search This thread

Young Katbodi

Jul 10, 2011
Hey Guys, I have the Samsung Galaxy S 4G. I've been trying to root and I've ran into so many problems. I use SuperOneClick. It usually doesn't work or just freezes. Before you call me a noob. Yes I have the Drivers. Yes I've tried different versions of Drivers. Yes I used different versions of SuperOneClick including Latest and Older that have been said to work. Yes I used different exploits for both versions in SuperOneClick. Yes I've ran as Administrator as well. I have Windows 7 32 Bit. I just don't know what's wrong!

Exodian

Jun 28, 2011
Have you tried different USB cables or slots? Sometimes that matters.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

Exodian

Jun 28, 2011
Yes that definitely would be a good idea. I keep forgetting about those Odin kernels.

dsexton702

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 14, 2011
South Lake Tahoe
Hey Guys, I have the Samsung Galaxy S 4G. I've been trying to root and I've ran into so many problems. I use SuperOneClick. It usually doesn't work or just freezes. Before you call me a noob. Yes I have the Drivers. Yes I've tried different versions of Drivers. Yes I used different versions of SuperOneClick including Latest and Older that have been said to work. Yes I used different exploits for both versions in SuperOneClick. Yes I've ran as Administrator as well. I have Windows 7 32 Bit. I just don't know what's wrong!

Heres the real test if your a noob... Are you trying to root gingerbread with superoneclick? :p

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

Young Katbodi

Jul 10, 2011
Lol yea superoneclick never rooted GB lol

you can either use the method I found when GB first came out or the easy more up to date technique and flash one of drhonks.gn kernel that will auto root you

Wait so I should Stock back to 2.2.1 then upgrade to Valhalla which is 2.3.3?

Exodian

Jun 28, 2011
If your on gb you can Odin one of Dr honks hacked gb kernels to get root and cwm.

Young Katbodi

Jul 10, 2011
Umm.. I just did it in Odin and my phone started speaking and said things such as "Starting re-partition estimated time 3 minutes" I didn't select Re-Partition in Odin. This correct O_O?
Okay now it keeps boot looping. The instructions tell me to get into adb recovery mode. I feel stupid and like a noob but how do I do so?

Young Katbodi

Jul 10, 2011
Welcome to ext4 thats what that means :)

It's boot looping now. It goes to homescreen scans SD card then reboots. The instructions tell me to do this.

- Install kernel using ODIN version, phone will reboot automatically.
- Go to recovery (adb reboot recovery).
- Disable voodoo
- Reboot
- Install busybox from market
- Go to recovery (adb reboot recovery)
- Enable voodoo
- Reboot

But do I get into adb reboot recovery? I feel like such a noob...

Edit: I used this by the way. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1194032

bkoon1218

Apr 25, 2011
New York
It's boot looping now. It goes to homescreen scans SD card then reboots. The instructions tell me to do this.

- Disable voodoo
- Reboot
- Enable voodoo
- Reboot

Here's the translation:

1) flash the kernel in PDA
2) let it boot up; shut down; go into CWM with volume up, volume down, and power
3) once in CWM, Voodoo > turn ext4 off
4) reboot
5) install busybox by Stericson in the market
6) go back to CWM with the same method as before
7) enable Voodoo
8) reboot your ROM and hear Linda convert your file system to ext4. She should say "convert data partition", "convert system partition", and end with "Voodoo lagfix is now activated".

To double check if Voodoo is activated, download the Voodoo app and check to see if ext4 is on /cache, /data, and /system.

Any GB ROM right now could pretty much be flashed over that without a problem.

I hope I helped!

GFX.myst.

Jul 19, 2011

- Disable voodoo
- Reboot
- Enable voodoo
- Reboot

not trying to be mean here or anything, but i'm some what of a noob here and reading this thread made me feel like a dev. js :cool:

Sent From Audiophile's Beautiful SgS4G Using xda Premium

Miller1236

Oct 10, 2011
Aurora
Is there instruction on updating the kernels with Odin. Do I down load both file in the thread. Yes I am a noob to all this, I just upgraded to Gingerbread 2.3.5.