New Retail rom: 360

Search This thread

peterson65

Apr 9, 2006
CARY
i have had a strange problem with this rom, i rooted it and everything seemed ok but this has happened 3 times so far that i installed some apk files and its been with different ones not the same, and it never finishes the install? 10 minutes later it shows still installing, so i shut it down and reboot and then it goes past the splash screen but then hangs on the dell logo and never boots i have to reset defaults and loose everthing i installed. could it bee something caused by rooting?

marvin02

Mar 29, 2010
Indiana
i have had a strange problem with this rom, i rooted it and everything seemed ok but this has happened 3 times so far that i installed some apk files and its been with different ones not the same, and it never finishes the install? 10 minutes later it shows still installing, so i shut it down and reboot and then it goes past the splash screen but then hangs on the dell logo and never boots i have to reset defaults and loose everthing i installed. could it bee something caused by rooting?

Sounds like you installed 360 as an update over an older ROM. Try a fresh install from the stock recovery. If you didn't do an update install try a factory reset.

peterson65

Apr 9, 2006
CARY
i updated from 345 and i put the pkg on the sd and booted with the volume up and down keys, do i need to re-doo it?
thanks

Last edited:

Televinken

Mar 12, 2009

Same thing happened to me, but only with the app "font changer". Retried for
three times, but to no avail. So freakin' frustrating. Fresh 360 install didn't help.
:(

Kingpappy

Jul 17, 2007
Hi All

I cannot see any differences btn 351 / 360.

I have had a few complaints from callers that they cannot hear at times.

Has the Radio been updated ? I am based in Europe and 360 is for China.

I have turned 3G off.If you have any ideas please let me know.

Cheers

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
I cannot see any differences btn 351 / 360.

I have had a few complaints from callers that they cannot hear at times. Has the Radio been updated? I am based in Europe and 360 is for China.

I have turned 3G off. If you have any ideas please let me know.
The only real difference was that the bundleware was updated. So there really is no difference since most of us strip a good portion if not all of the bundleware from the ROM.

FYI, this is a retail Streak ROM (region code 00) and not a Hong Kong ROM (11) like 354. There are currently no Streak ROMs for China (15), though initially it was thought that 360 was a China ROM.

Framework.odex and framework-res

But how did you do it!

I tried for the 3 hours and didn't work

I used HTC Kitchen by disixda (You can find it in the XDA forums). It has to do "brute force" mode to work, but works. Here is the deodexed framework-res.apk

Attachments

• framework-res.apk
    7.5 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: morning thunder

sunny day

Jan 14, 2013
please guide....

Dear Bros,
I am finding no success in rooting this version on Dell Streak 5,same as Dear ianpogi explained. But i am still hanging.
Previous versions were rooted very easily.
I tried almost all guidence here.Please help.
Best Regards.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So the streak has been launched into china some time this past summer.

Rom: 360
    Build: 17397
    Region: China
    Region: Retail
    Stage UI 1.6
    Dated: May 31, 2011

From usual update timelines the earliest it could have launched was approximately mid-late june

Since the streak 10 was launched in august it could likely be the month immediately before to build up hype or something

I cannot say much about the details of the rom itself, as I dont have a good dump, only a modified dump.

It seems to be 351-like but possibly customized.

If I had a clean dump, or even better a pkg i can do a proper build analysis

I have a copy of the pkg now: It is basically an updated version of 351

There are no new bundled apps, only updated ones
    Stage UI has been updated to a slightly newer version of 1.6
    Still 2.2.2

I am not sure if It is recommendable over 351 as it's not available on the OTA server, but here it is installable in the usual way:
    mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/Streak_360_17397_00.pkg
    what have new this update, because now i have official 2.2.2 and i want to know if deserve to try it.

Please try it yourself and let know or fond someone chinese who got it from dell,
    By the way how's your battery life on official . M on 351 and get around 10-11 hours

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App
    Anyway, hats off to the great Manii, for this find!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :COUGH :COUGH :eek::eek::eek::eek:

;)

its amazing what you can find with a bit of googling
    If you're on a 351 stock, you can likely click the pkg link with the built in browser and it'll ask you to update in place. This only works though if the rom can normally update to it (ie regions match correctly)

Basically that means updating without touching/wiping your data.

At least I think this works, I've heard it a few times but I never bothered trying as I have no reason to as I always wipe data when installing a new rom (for testing/hacking)
    sir have you tried to root the 360....ive tried gingerbreak but its no good...pls help

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

i tried to install 2.2.2 kernel version 2.6.32.9-perf, OEM version GAUSB1A136000, build 17397, well it is success but i tried to root but even gingerbreak is not working. i have also tried to re install 351 but it is always failed. can somebody help me to downgrade it to 351 or 354?

You do not have to downgrade, use this method to root.

Steps:

1. Grab MultiRecovery Flasher
    2. Use MRF to flash StreakMod Recovery (or do so from the command line using fastboot)
    3. Use MRF to reboot the phone (or do so manually from the command line)
    4. Do not let it reboot completely, as the phone starts to reboot hold both volume buttons to go directly into recovery
    5. Select #2 to apply the superuser.zip
    Read this and this.