*Distant Galaxies* New classic space shooter game for WM, WP7, PC and XBox

Search This thread

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Hi all,

Some people already know me because of TrackMe,
a free GPS track application that I wrote sometime ago.

I'm creating a new thread because I just finished writing a game that I wanted to share it with you guys.

Distant Galaxies is a classic space shooter. This game tries to follow the same philosophy of old classic games, but adding more enemies, final bosses, extra weapons and the ability to upload your score and share it with the rest of users in the World Ranking. I tried to keep this game far from other space shooters for PDAs where you can only see bullets, 3D effects and all kind of stuff in the screen that makes playability very complicated. This game is easy and fun to play and that's why I think this game is closer to those old classics.

And yes, the game is free!

DOWNLOAD

Xbox

Windows Phone 7

Pocket PC CAB file

Pocket PC Installation program

Smartphones CAB file

Smartphones Installation program

PC Installation program

As I said with TrackMe, if people are interested and play the game, I will be adding more levels and other stuff, otherwise I will stop updating the program soon.

Have fun!

For more info, you can visit my website

A note for Kaiser users. For some reason the game is not a smooth as it should for this PDA. Maybe it's because of the lack of video drivers. On my old
Cingular 8125 the game runs great.

dg.png

Last edited:

turtle2472

Feb 16, 2006
Tidewater Va
hey, thanks for trying it. :)
That's one of my concerns about the game. Not sure if it is too difficult. I will change the difficulty if people think it's too high.

Actually, I think it has more to do with me not being a gamer and not very good with controlling things with my thumb yet. It's been years since I had a game system. Does Sega Genesis ring a bell? :p

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Actually, I think it has more to do with me not being a gamer and not very good with controlling things with my thumb yet. It's been years since I had a game system. Does Sega Genesis ring a bell? :p

he he... I understand. However, I tried to write an easy game that anybody could play. I don't know... I think that maybe it's a little bit too difficult. Let's see what other people say!

Thanks for your feedback.

kcrumbley

Mar 18, 2008
That looks like an amazing game. I already benefit tremendously from Track Me, so I know that this will be great! Unfortunately, I own a Kaiser (AT&T Tilt) so I know that it can't handle it. :(

Maybe I'll get my wife to let me play it on her Moto Q Global! :p

turtle2472

Feb 16, 2006
Tidewater Va
That looks like an amazing game. I already benefit tremendously from Track Me, so I know that this will be great! Unfortunately, I own a Kaiser (AT&T Tilt) so I know that it can't handle it. :(

Maybe I'll get my wife to let me play it on her Moto Q Global! :p

Why can't you use a Tilt? I'm using a Tilt to play it and it's just fine. Just get the Pocket PC version.

kcrumbley

Mar 18, 2008
Why can't you use a Tilt? I'm using a Tilt to play it and it's just fine. Just get the Pocket PC version.

I was just going off of the developer's comments regarding the Kaiser: "A note for Kaiser users. For some reason the game is not a smooth as it should for this PDA. Maybe it's because of the lack of video drivers."

I know that the Tilt has a reputation for not performing as well as other HTC phones in terms of using graphic-intensive programs. But since you are having success with it, I will give it a try. Thanks!!!

turtle2472

Feb 16, 2006
Tidewater Va
Is there a way for me to get my password if I forgot it for the world server? I can't remember what I put and now had to reenter it because I flashed my phone with a new ROM (and hard reset a few times).

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Distant Galaxies 1.2 now available. Some users were having problems selecting an option in the main menu. That should be fixed now.

police22

Aug 22, 2005
Oklahoma
www.dartez.com
Distant Galaxies 1.2 now available. Some users were having problems selecting an option in the main menu. That should be fixed now.
I Installed on my TILT and works fine for me.. made it to level 2 (3700 pts).. had to leave so had to stop.

Installed the PC version and couldn't get it to work.
Get ERROR:
"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
I run Win XP Pro. Haven't tried on any of my other pcs or laptops. Cause I need to leave.. Just letting you know... Nice app... btw

Last edited:

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Thanks for trying it. Unfortunately on the Tilt doesn't run too smooth because of the problem with Tilt's video drivers... it's hard to play on that PDA.

For the PC version, do you have DirectX installed on your PC?

cktlcmd

Oct 12, 2005
Farmington, CT; Jackson, NJ
Installed the PC version and couldn't get it to work.
Get ERROR:
"This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."
I run Win XP Pro. Haven't tried on any of my other pcs or laptops. Cause I need to leave.. Just letting you know... Nice app... btw

I tried this too on my Fujitsu U810 running Windows XP, but I got the same ERROR even with Direct X installed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update...

If you guys have an Xbox maybe you wanna try a new version that I just wrote for this platform (only 80 MSP!!) ;) I'm currently working on a version for WP7.
    Wow Nice to see WinMo still has life left in it. keep up the good work.
    Hey LEM, I have tried to download PV version (your game looks AWESOME) but it seems that link is dead :-(.

BTW: I like your nick.... (if you know where I am coming from) :)
    Hi LEM Cool looking game :)

the PC link is down 404.
    Galaxie

Don't work on my Samsung i900 touchscreen.I don't have enough buttons to assign the key.The dispay resolution it's ok...thxs