Xoom 2 / XYBoard Threads - Please Read

Search This thread

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
There seems to be a possibility, that if ( in my opinion ) a certain "Top Notch" Dev. has one of these device's..that a custom ROM may be possible..

A fund raiser sure would be awesome..I will give the first $100..

This thing ( XYBoard ) is an Awesome device and it deserves customized ROM's

Any +1's out there.?

Sent by my Eclipsed v1.3 (VeNuM) Droid RAZR MAXX-1
(or)
Sent by my Eclipsed v1.5 Droid RAZR MAXX-2
(or)
Sent by my Motorola Droid XYBoard-32 10.1 ICS 4.04

Reactions: panosx

kutenkind

Oct 19, 2008
Sydney
I will also donate to the cause. I just bought one for $270 in australia and now I see no custom roms :( or kernels. Really wanted to overclock the thing.

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
Great..Thank you..I will continue to spread the word..and maybe you can do the same..

Sent by my Motorola MZ617-32_Droid XYBoard 10.1_ICS 4.04

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Great..I will continue to spread the word for donations..Thank YOU..

Sent by my Motorola MZ617-32_Droid XYBoard 10.1_ICS 4.04

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
There seems to be a possibility, that if ( in my opinion ) a certain "Top Notch" Dev. has one of these device's..that a custom ROM may be possible..

A fund raiser sure would be awesome..I will give the first $100..
I'm in for $25+. Just need the "Top Notch" dev Paypal info! :D

*Want to clarify that I have ZERO expectations or requirements tied in to my donation. If the dev finds they are unable to do what they thought then I am OK paying for the honest effort. IMO there should never be expectations tied in with donations.

Last edited:

mdcykkk9

Mar 21, 2009
Count me in... 20€ from me. I have already made a small donation for the recovery. I don't have high expectations. Dammit moto, i really love the 8.2 inch form factor and the build quality of this tablet... Your killing it with the locked bootloader.

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
If we prove patient..whom knows what may come..

THANK YOU..Each / Every Dev and development.!

For me it's a loyalty issue also..Motorola has (in my opinion) always (for the most part) produced a very durable device..I have been loyal to there devices since before the bag phone..when the handset mounted in the floor of my new 1989 Ford Ranger, and the majority of the device was behind the seat..

But loyalty to is something that doesn't mean much anymore..I read where Google sold Motorola, and the Motorola name will die..For me..I will purchase a device as long as the name Motorola is on the device, and is compatible with the current systems..including another one of these things..

And I realize..it's not a MUST to have anything else..

Sorrowfully off topic..

Sent by my Motorola Droid_MZ617-32_XYBoard 10.1_ICS 4.04

reft4u

Oct 21, 2010
Mumbai
count me in

I have been with Motorola devices for a long time. in fact the devices from Moto are my all time fav's. After having my Xyboard 10.1 from VZW, i was thinkin im sure there will be development, but was and still am so dissapointed to see almost no rom or Kernel Development.

Still keeping the hopes alive. waiting for a miracle to happen, but cant some developer help us to port Xoom2 rom on Xyboard, well i am in India and careless of LTE if that is going to be broken...
Any redirection?

freeky1

Aug 27, 2006
I love my Xoom, even though it is nearing two years old. The unlocked bootloader makes all the difference in the world to developers, along with the fact that the Xoom is a Google Experience Device and has no Blur overlay or bloatware. I have actually had an owner of a Xyboard 10.1 4G 64gb offer to trade me for my Xoom because of these capabilities.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

heifeif

Sep 8, 2012
I love my Xoom, even though it is nearing two years old. The unlocked bootloader makes all the difference in the world to developers, along with the fact that the Xoom is a Google Experience Device and has no Blur overlay or bloatware. I have actually had an owner of a Xyboard 10.1 4G 64gb offer to trade me for my Xoom because of these capabilities.

??
Congrats!:silly:

heifeif

Sep 8, 2012
Quickly ot....dont wanna open a new fred.
Does anyone have bleeding problems with the xyboard/xoom?
Got the 8.2.

Wanne change mine cause of the bleeding lights in the corner...really like the device...everything is perfect, but bleeding is horrible...hope its not normal and the replace device will have the same probs...

(sry for my bad english)

Attachments

• img20130101015604573.jpg
    img20130101015604573.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 248

panosx

Feb 21, 2008
d
Quickly ot....dont wanna open a new fred.
Does anyone have bleeding problems with the xyboard/xoom?
Got the 8.2.

Wanne change mine cause of the bleeding lights in the corner...really like the device...everything is perfect, but bleeding is horrible...hope its not normal and the replace device will have the same probs...

(sry for my bad english)

My first x2me had it so I went to the store to get a replacement. The new one had stripes(!) all over the screen even when turned off..
I exchanged it again with one that had a bleeding problem (but not that much as the first one). I also cheked a demo unit at another store which had the stripes issue.. You got to love moto..
On the other hand, I think that fixing the backlight bleed is a relatively easy task (at least in other devices), so maybe you can send it for repair.
:)

Reactions: heifeif

heifeif

Sep 8, 2012
Thx for answer.
Mmhh...sounds not that good...just wonder, cause my ahd got 0,00% bleeding....ok, its smaller, but still ips with led backlight...

...Yeah, i also asked the moto repair comp.( datrepair in Germany)...still waiting for answer...

Going crazy rn....its def. the best build tablet i got in my hands except this fcking bleeding...

Wonder if i can fix it, if i loosen the little screws a bit on the back? Think i will try it out before changing/repair.

panosx

Feb 21, 2008
Thx for answer.
Mmhh...sounds not that good...just wonder, cause my ahd got 0,00% bleeding....ok, its smaller, but still ips with led backlight...

...Yeah, i also asked the moto repair comp.( datrepair in Germany)...still waiting for answer...

Going crazy rn....its def. the best build tablet i got in my hands except this fcking bleeding...

Wonder if i can fix it, if i loosen the little screws a bit on the back? Think i will try it out before changing/repair.

Hmm, wouldn't suggest "screwing" with the tablet if its new.
Anyway, plz let me know if you get an answer from Motorola.
Good luck

Jabba_4

Aug 2, 2012
Rome
Hello guys, my 2 cents on the bleeding problem. I have bought a Xoom 2 10.1 in April and I have quickly noticed some bleedings all around the display on 4/5 dots, were reduced only when the tablet was twisted. Other two devices had the same problem or even worse in the store, so I have kept my. Now, I don't know how, but after almost a year all the bleeding are considerably reduced. Maybe it's the IPS nature? A friend of mine with the TF prime has the same bleeding problem..sounds logic!? Moreover online there are several guides to open the Xoom 2, and imho is very difficult to find the right pressure all around the display to delete the problem, always if the problem is related to the not correct pression of the seals of the display.

Intergalacdroid

Feb 8, 2011
It think this Dev teams have to port for our devices and get our thanks... :( :(
i have been waiting months for a custom rom

I don't think there will ever be custom ROMs for the Xoom2...I'm not a dev, but as far as I understand it, the bootloader is locked, so custom ROMs are not gonna happen (devs, please feel free to correct me on this).

I also have a Xoom2...and quite frankly, it's rubbish. The only thing that could save it would be a custom ROM...on stock, it's awful. I waited ages for the ICS update from Moto, and it's barely made a difference...some nice new icons, but that's about it.

-1 for Moto....mine's gonna go on ebay very soon I think =[

pexlibanis

Jan 8, 2013
I would definetely donate too to see some ROMs being developed.

I love the XOOM2. Such good quality, such potential....****ty software!

nitroglycerine33

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
IA
Can ROMs be developed for a device with a locked bootloader?

Easily. I have built Roms for the bionic, RAZR, X2, X, droid 3, RAZR M. All of these had a locked boot loader. You just cannot have a real recovery. You need a 2nd init recovery such as safestrap or bootstrap recovery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: LexusBrian400

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Evening all.

As the Xoom 2 and its variants do not yet have a dedicated forum, could all threads relating to the Xoom 2 have a [XOOM 2] Tag added to the thread title.

This will firstly avoid confusion to the original Xoom users and Xoom 2 users alike.
    And, will enable a speedy transfer of all Xoom 2 related threads to the relevant section.

An example of a thread title follows.

[XOOM 2] Tips & Tricks .....

For threads that are only relevant to the Xoom 2 and variants and that do not contain the tag could users post a link to the thread here & I will add the tag manually, once added I will remove the link.
    No other types of replies please.

Many thanks for your co-operation.
    Why on Earth doesn't the Xoom 2/Xyboard have its own forum yet? The Xoom and Xyboard are two completely different devices. Come on, mods, get on it!
    Why on Earth doesn't the Xoom 2/Xyboard have its own forum yet? The Xoom and Xyboard are two completely different devices. Come on, mods, get on it!

We mods have no control over what forums get added. You'd need to contact the admins, or vote in the relevant thread in the General section in the main forum.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    This is tablet is ****ing useless. Never again will I buy a Motorola devices.
    This is tablet is ****ing useless. Never again will I buy a Motorola devices.

+1

After waiting for 2+ years to get rooted and roms.....nothing. nada. zilch.
    Just got back from best buy with my new Galaxy Tab 3.
    Putting my 64gb Xyboard on craigslist.