wich battery?

Search This thread

HanZie82

Erm ... this kinda didn;t answer my question, lol

If you have read it correctly you can see he tells you the temp sensor is not working. Enough reason to not use it in a phone as it will destroy it under heavy usage!
He also states it has NO more power than an original battery.
And last but no least the battery itself swells more than an original one so you will NOT be able to pull it out or back in again.

So the answer is get a replacemtn battery and not a cheapo of ebay as they will most likely kill the DHD you use it in.

Reactions: MacPryden

MacPryden

Oct 10, 2009
Lisbon
Sorry to ask again, but I will buy urgent a new battery, and really need your help, experiences/opinions please.

What battery is the best and long life reability, or best brand to buy?

Can you give me a link of the best battery or one of the bests to buy nowadays?

Thank you so much

5H1R42

Mar 23, 2012
If you have read it correctly you can see he tells you the temp sensor is not working. Enough reason to not use it in a phone as it will destroy it under heavy usage!
He also states it has NO more power than an original battery.
And last but no least the battery itself swells more than an original one so you will NOT be able to pull it out or back in again.

So the answer is get a replacemtn battery and not a cheapo of ebay as they will most likely kill the DHD you use it in.

So in short, no it wasn't a good buy

Gt4kill3r

Oct 11, 2010
G10 High-Capacity Gold Battery 2430mAh

I've been using G10 High Capacity Gold Battery for 9 months with my DHD.

Facts:
  • No temp sensor - always 25*C
  • Slightly to fat to fit but no problem removing it by hand
  • BMW shows 1067mAh +/- 6% - after 9 months
  • Cost - 5GPB delivered

Environment:
  • Rooted HTC Desire HD
  • JellyTime / CodefireX / CyanogenMod - roms used during testing period
  • OEM HTC Charger + OEM HTC Cabel / OEM Nexus 7 Charger + non-OEM cable

Conclusion:
After 2 years I decided to buy new battery as old one gone flat after 3-4h of using phone [ Wifi on and downloading, screen brightness at 100%, playing game - a lot of CPU/GPU work]. New one is not much better, I archived about 5-6h at most [4-5h most of time]. Phone never went very hot. No temp sensor so can say what temperature it had, but i could easily keep it in my palm without feeling discomfort. No suddent shut-downs nor other symptoms. OEM battery is showing 839mAh +/- 8% on BMW.

humano

Apr 10, 2008
Hi,

I've had my DHD for a couple months now and the battery life isn't brilliant. My brother had ir before me for 2 years and then upgraded. I used the battery monitor widget app and this is what I'm getting:

- Health: Good 30.0C/3715mV
- Techno: Li-ion 261/831mAh
- Available: 26% -143mAh

I decided to buy a new battery and I went for a 2430mAh gold battery that I found on eBay

IMAG0046.jpg

WIse move or should I have gone for the replacement 1600mAh that I've seen everywhere else?

Btw, I'm using the Sabsa Prime v16.0 ROM By AlirezaB

That battery is a fake... That capacity has much less capacity than they say... 1500mAh...

MacPryden

Oct 10, 2009
Lisbon
Guys can anyone at least tell us which the best ever brand and model of a battery you bought to our Desire HD?
So you can buy too the best extended battery nowadays =)

Thanks so much
Cheers

sssggg

Jul 31, 2011
I recently got an Anker battery from their official eBay shop. Seems to be good value for the money.

Anyone who only uses his phone for checking the time and sending a few texts can get up to 4 days out of a single charge. However, not using your phone isn't fun.

Screenshot_Anker_01.png
Screenshot_Anker_02.png

Lowest brighness setting with everything turned off.

nodeffect

Mar 7, 2011
I recommend Anker or Polarcell.... They are both good and reliable...

Haven't used Mugen before so no comment on that.... But Anker or Polarcell is a must have if you're planning to get a new battery.

coolpixs4

Mar 7, 2011
Other reliable brand is Coral from korea. Also good with claimed capacity (1300mah)

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda app-developers app

D

Deleted member 4532936

bought mugens one 1500 as i couldnt find the 1800.. It fixed my caméra issue and the random reboots i Last 1 day and half normal to havy usage...

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Lyokacanthrope

May 11, 2011
Rochester
I could definitely recommend the Anker battery. It's worked really well for me so far, even though this phone is about to be replaced.

dario_pet

Oct 14, 2010
Can someone tell me the measurement of BMW? so we can know the real mah

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

I'm getting 1000 mah with my oem chinese battery, against the 750 that gave me the original one, with 3 years old

FingerlessGloves

Dec 5, 2013
do you guys think this one would be a good battery? if not who should I go for?

Baoxin 1800mAh High Capacity Business Battery for HTC A9191 Desire HD
amazon UK it

coolpixs4

Mar 7, 2011

amazon UK it

1000% is fake

Baoxin is CHINA brand, and a fact that China is 100000000% FAKE.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

I'm getting 1000 mah with my oem chinese battery, against the 750 that gave me the original one, with 3 years old

Mine is about 1200mAh by using BMW, CORAL brand from Korea
The 2.5 years OEM battery, now is ~980mAh by using BMW measurement
Another battery form China claim that high capacity 1600mAh, but after 3 months of use - recently by using BMW measure it is only ~500mAh => that why I don't believe in some called high capacity from CHINA

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

amazon UK it

1000% is fake

Baoxin is CHINA brand, and a fact that China is 100000000% FAKE.

Mine is about 1200mAh by using BMW, CORAL brand from Korea
    The 2.5 years OEM battery, now is ~980mAh by using BMW measurement
    Another battery form China claim that high capacity 1600mAh, but after 3 months of use - recently by using BMW measure it is only ~500mAh => that why I don't believe in some called high capacity from CHINA
    I got my Desire HD when it came out.
    I'm still using the battery it came with.

With some precaution and care it can last about 5 years.
    My phone is on for 24/7 365 a year, i try as much as possible to charge it before it hits 50%.
    Lithium battery's don't like to be discharged below that, it's possible but reduces life drastically.

But for new battery be sure to get a quality one and charge at 50% if possible than it will last at least as long as mine.
    (Heared good things about the 1st 3 in your little list; OEM, Mugen and Anker.)
    Thank you for your knowledge and info, I already heard about that fact, but didn't know with certain.
    I will do that, thanks :)

I am using too the oem stock battery of desire HD yet, but I suspect that the condition decreased now after years.
    You know some method/tool we can know/diagnose with some accuracy, the condition of battery?

Thanks, Cheers

Use Battery Monitor Widget pro to diagnose your current battery conditions. Discharge untill the phone auto turnoff then continous charge to 100%+2hours more (when you see 0mAh on BMW widget) go to Calibration Tab to check your battery condition. The measured xxxxmAh +/- ?% is your answer.

Mine:
    - 1.5 years OEM battery now is ~900mAh+/-9%
    - New 1300mAh Coral battery (just used a months) is 1265mAh+/-8%
    - A 1600mAh on ebay but very bad that after 2month of usage it is only 650mAh+/-15% (Don't believe in high capacity battery anymore)

With current ROM + with normal usage, I can surf 2days with this battery - Coral
    Yes, battery monitor widget is a perfect app.
    I will reinstall it and calibrate my OEM battery to test it again.
    I've just bought a 2500mAh battery from eBay, and its shown to be a vast improvement on the 3 year old stock battery that preceded it.

You should always monitor your battery usage anyway, as a means to prolong your usage, but the stock DHD batteries are now long outdated, and better performance can be bought at quite a reasonable price (I paid just £7.99 inc. postage).

Up to now, I've been getting around 17-18 hours on battery, with some quite heavy usage. Before, on the stock battery, I was lucky to get 5..

Sent from my Desire HD/Inspire 4G, using the xda-developers app.