RebelROM

Search This thread

express21

Apr 7, 2013
kingston
what is the battery life over there?
im having a major battery issue and im digging down the forum for a rom with optimum battery life.

Dvarl

Dec 27, 2009
Orland Park
Best battery life is stock, but it is horrible for performance.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

hatememarkz

Sep 24, 2012
tallahasseee
Get a GS²
ybaqu2un.jpg

runniN 4.4+ somethiN on my ?GS²?

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
What are the benchmarks over there on the s2?

Sent from my SGH-T399 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Fair, on average about 700 to 800 points higher on Quadrant than the old phone, although keep in mind much of the Exhibit's score revolved around very high I/O readings. With a normal I/O score, the Exhibit would be about 1000-1200 points lower. You can look at the attached screenshots to see what I mean. The Exhibit is on the left, S2 on the right.

Some folks over there posted very exaggerated scores of over 4000 which they got with TW ROMs that had 2Ghz OC and probably used V/R for I/O.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-11-22-22-49-43.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-22-22-49-43.png
    50 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_2014-01-07-15-12-57.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-07-15-12-57.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 102

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
The Light will kill the gs2. Quad core v. dual core, newer architecture, etc. The Exhibit is old, but the gs2's not that much newer.... j/s

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app
Oh very true, I have no illusions about the hardware on this device. It's as old as the Exhibit, in fact. It does have sufficient hardware for what I need however. The Exhibit is just so limited on CPU and RAM it drove me crazy when I used it. I learned you couldn't make a Kia a Jaguar with it basically, no matter how hard I tried. The S2 crushes it, but let's all face it, that's not saying much.

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix
Fair, on average about 700 to 800 points higher on Quadrant than the old phone, although keep in mind much of the Exhibit's score revolved around very high I/O readings. With a normal I/O score, the Exhibit would be about 1000-1200 points lower. You can look at the attached screenshots to see what I mean. The Exhibit is on the left, S2 on the right.

Some folks over there posted very exaggerated scores of over 4000 which they got with TW ROMs that had 2Ghz OC and probably used V/R for I/O.

Antutu scores 17500, and quadrant is 8669

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
Antutu scores 17500, and quadrant is 8669

I take it you mean the Light, cause we know the Exhibit isn't doing those kinds of numbers! Hey the Light has much better hardware than the S2, no question. However I didn't want it without root. I won't have any phone that I can't do what I want to do with it. Getting rid of bloat for starters. If your device gets a work around for the bootloader and some established devs get involved, there are some very nice possibilities in store.

tazmaniondvl

Sep 11, 2012
Phoenix
I take it you mean the Light, cause we know the Exhibit isn't doing those kinds of numbers! Hey the Light has much better hardware than the S2, no question. However I didn't want it without root. I won't have any phone that I can't do what I want to do with it. Getting rid of bloat for starters. If your device gets a work around for the bootloader and some established devs get involved, there are some very nice possibilities in store.

We have root :) cwm :) TWRP :) debloated stock. And a stock based rom. Like peach sunrise was in the beginning. Its called Lightwave. Decent. But not perfect. A few devs are trying for a CM11. One just posted a progress report. I would tag him but his name is hard to tag (@ root @ ) no spaces. And no parenthesis.

I have been working on porting stuff. Gotten pretty good thnx to the exhibit being free to do what I want. I have been using it to fine tune my porting capabilities. The tool I use to use never was quite right..... so anyways. How are things on your side of the tracks?

Last edited:

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
We have root :) cwm :) TWRP :) debloated stock. And a stock based rom. Like peach sunrise was in the beginning. Its called Lightwave. Decent. But not perfect. A few devs are trying for a CM11. One just posted a progress report. I would tag him but his name is hard to tag (@ root @ ) no spaces. And no parenthesis.

I have been working on porting stuff. Gotten pretty good thnx to the exhibit being free to do what I want. I have been using it to fine tune my porting capabilities. The tool I use to use never was quite right..... so anyways. How are things on your side of the tracks?
I wish I could tell you they were good, but not really. The S2 has been a miserable failure from almost month one. I honestly hate it almost as much as I did the Exhibit. ROM after ROM has failed to fully deliver the goods, mainly due to the dated hardware this thing has. I really goofed on this purchase. Every time I think I have the perfect setup, it bombs later. That story sounds familiar doesn't it? Right now I am running PA on it and thanks to the latest Fly On Mod Alpha 3 it's a fairly decent setup for now. I'd like to quit on this thing and wait until the next phone to start ROM flashing again. You can't make a Honda run like a Porsche, bottom line. BTW this is the last Samsung I will EVER buy again! EVER!

On the Galaxy Light, one of the people at work bought one and no offense, I wasn't impressed. Only a few days after she had it, she was asking what was causing some of the FCs she was getting. The thing was lagging and it wasn't until I put Nova launcher on it some of the lag went away. Just another Samsung hunk of junk IMO. But if you are still loving it, I am happy for you at least. Development is not going to really go anywhere on it, at least where you will get official support. Samsung has already moved on to the Avant. Let's be honest. We both need to get a 1+1 or Nexus to really have a phone that delivers. I plan on it soon too. Also good on you for expanding your skills. I made a port for the S2 but it had some bugs. This stuff just consumes too much time too.

Good to hear from you bro BTW. Good old Rebel ROM, it really was one of the good ones for the Exhibit. At least I have learned a lot here.

Proud2banoob

Jul 12, 2013
Durham
Google Pixel 6a
I wish I could tell you they were good, but not really. The S2 has been a miserable failure from almost month one. I honestly hate it almost as much as I did the Exhibit. ROM after ROM has failed to fully deliver the goods, mainly due to the dated hardware this thing has. I really goofed on this purchase. Every time I think I have the perfect setup, it bombs later. That story sounds familiar doesn't it? Right now I am running PA on it and thanks to the latest Fly On Mod Alpha 3 it's a fairly decent setup for now. I'd like to quit on this thing and wait until the next phone to start ROM flashing again. You can't make a Honda run like a Porsche, bottom line. BTW this is the last Samsung I will EVER buy again! EVER!

On the Galaxy Light, one of the people at work bought one and no offense, I wasn't impressed. Only a few days after she had it, she was asking what was causing some of the FCs she was getting. The thing was lagging and it wasn't until I put Nova launcher on it some of the lag went away. Just another Samsung hunk of junk IMO. But if you are still loving it, I am happy for you at least. Development is not going to really go anywhere on it, at least where you will get official support. Samsung has already moved on to the Avant. Let's be honest. We both need to get a 1+1 or Nexus to really have a phone that delivers. I plan on it soon too. Also good on you for expanding your skills. I made a port for the S2 but it had some bugs. This stuff just consumes too much time too.

Good to hear from you bro BTW. Good old Rebel ROM, it really was one of the good ones for the Exhibit. At least I have learned a lot here.

Hey, AD. Good to hear from you, again. Sad news about the S2. My Light was never a problem, and my wife still uses it. When i updated the rom, the phone lost root. It's easy enough to get it back, but my wife doesn't really care. The bloat is still gone, and now we have VoLTE. Pretty good swap. I've moved to a Nexus 5. It's not rooted, either (tried, using the Nexus root kit, but it wasn't working. I think i messed up getting the correct driver), but again, no bloat so no worries. With a 32gb internal drive, I'll never have storage problems. It's taking some time to get used to the size, but that's not a big deal. There are certainly lots of roms available, should i choose to go that route.

Again, good to see you again.

Daniel Allen

Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G "The OG"
Samsung Galaxy S
Google Nexus One
Samsung Galaxy Light
Google Nexus 5 "The New Kid"

Reactions: ArtfulDodger

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Get a GS²
    ybaqu2un.jpg

runniN 4.4+ somethiN on my ?GS²?

Galaxy light t399 is way better then the gs2. As soon as we get root it will blow past a stock gs3 which we are pretty equal too. They have a slightly better antutu

Hey, AD. Good to hear from you, again. Sad news about the S2. My Light was never a problem, and my wife still uses it. When i updated the rom, the phone lost root. It's easy enough to get it back, but my wife doesn't really care. The bloat is still gone, and now we have VoLTE. Pretty good swap. I've moved to a Nexus 5. It's not rooted, either (tried, using the Nexus root kit, but it wasn't working. I think i messed up getting the correct driver), but again, no bloat so no worries. With a 32gb internal drive, I'll never have storage problems. It's taking some time to get used to the size, but that's not a big deal. There are certainly lots of roms available, should i choose to go that route.

Again, good to see you again.

Daniel Allen

Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G "The OG"
    Samsung Galaxy S
    Google Nexus One
    Samsung Galaxy Light
    Google Nexus 5 "The New Kid"