Hard Bricked - can't get into download mode

Search This thread

jhb019

Jun 14, 2012
London
I have a very serious problem. I've managed to brick my device. I decided I wanted to install CM 10.2 on my E988 (Taiwan version) but it didn't work. I rooted, installed freegee and also had cwm. I put the files on my sd card and then formated data, cache and dalvik cache. When I tried to install from sd card it said can't partition non-vfat. So i decided then that I would push the files using adb to my devices internal storage. I managed to do this but when I did it said installation aborted. It didn't have anything else in the log. At the moment I can access cwm but I can't seem to do anything with it. I can also charge my device but the charging image is missing.

When I try to access download mode it comes up with the factory hard reset screen which does nothing.I am at the moment downloading the stock image kdz file but I don't think I'll be able to do anything with it.

When I boot up my phone it still says that freegee is installed.

I got the CM rom from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2439827
On that thread it says that you need to remove the first four lines of text in the updater-script file. However, in notepad, it depends on how big your window is to how much four lines of text is. Further into the thread, a user asked how much was actually meant to be removed and someone replied with all the way up to 'mount'.

updater-script.jpg

Was I not meant to remove this???

Thanks in advance
jhb019

Last edited:

ducanhtian

Mar 6, 2013
Try, Remove battery and put again your device, hold Volume "-" and Home button and Power button, after display confirm put power button 3 time.

jhb019

Jun 14, 2012
London
It's OK. It turns out that to get into download mode you don't have to press the power and volume buttons, you just have to press both the volume buttons and then plug in the USB

Sent from my LG-E988 using xda app-developers app