failing miserably here to downgrade my Z ultra to root (C6806). Consistently getting the following error:
Device connected in flash mode
Opening device for R/W
Reading device information
Unable to read from phone after having opened it.
trying to continue anyway
Ending flash session
Error - Error in processHeader:31: A device attached to the system is not functioning.
Error - Error flashing. Aborted.
INFO -Device connected in flash mode
These are my steps:
1. Installed flashtool installer.
2. c:\flashtool\drivers - installed drivers selecting both Xperia Z Ultra drivers, fastboot and flashmode
3. Copied C680x.ftd to my c:\flashtool\devices folder, imported and overwrote existing.
4. Plug in the ultra (adb enabled)
5. Run flashtool (32 bit but also tried 64bit to same effect)
6. Flashtool detects my device, but can't identify it. I choose C680x Sony Xperia Ultra from the list.
7. Click flash lightning bolt. Select flashmode
8. Select C6806 version 14.1.B.1.532 from the list (downloaded from the repository thread the stock US c6806 .53x rom thats rootable)
9. Leave all default checks checked, click flash
10. Prepares files, then asks me to connect in flashmode, I unplug the Z ultra, power it off. Hold VOL Down, then plug in the USB. 40 Seconds later the error above.
I've also tried this without importing the device file, it seems to detect the Z ultra automatically, however i get the same error. at the same stage.
Im fresh out of ideas. Anyone seen this or know whats going on here? This is my first foray into Sony device flashing, and it is a pain in the bum cheeks so far.
"...You might as well paint yourself yellow, run around like a maniac and call yourself banana man, banana man, cause thats what you're doing..."