Windows Mobile application for Geocaching.

Search This thread

l1bi

Mar 16, 2011
Mirotice
it is impossible apply for

salute,please advise st. to me with programme?already week try apply for but to no purpose every time me it will to displace this message(Please check Login ID/Password.(MENU)-(Option)-(Login ID/Pasword)I'm of record.thank you in advance:- )

namhtc

Jun 27, 2008

Orbit2-User

May 10, 2008
Bielefeld
Hi to all,

iam using GCZII on my HD2 for long Time and i have the same problems like all other user.
Iam a standard user of geocaching.com.
I got from a friend a nice Tool to get GPX-Files from Geocaching.com.
It is called GEOTOAD. It works in a dos-box on my WIN7-PC without any problems.
You can select the position and the range around of the selected position.
Also you can select the type of cache(tradi, multi....)
I made a gpx about 15 miles around my home and put it into GCZII and when iam in the field i sort the caches by distance so i find the nearest to my position.
so it will be nearly work like online-serching

best regards
Rolf

Andreha

Oct 13, 2010
Hi folks.
This is still an GCzII thread, but regarding the last entry
I just wanna say that I'm working on a Manual for using Cachebox.

It's dedicated to former GCzII users -like us all- that maybe don't talk german.
Therfor it's written in (my bad) english. ;)

You can find it here, just take a look.
http://hackies09.qwert.de/CacheBox.html
It's not ready yet, but I'm working on it steadily.

I think, Cachebox is a very good addition, maybe alternative to GCzII.
At least anyone using GCzII has the needed hardware and can easily try it out.

Feedback welcome!
Andre

hulkman

Dec 12, 2006
just to let you know that a new version of cachebox is available. It solves some bugs, and adds new functionality like a incorporated flashlight!

pazax

Jul 6, 2009
Hi folks.
This is still an GCzII thread, but regarding the last entry
I just wanna say that I'm working on a Manual for using Cachebox.

It's dedicated to former GCzII users -like us all- that maybe don't talk german.
Therfor it's written in (my bad) english. ;)

You can find it here, just take a look.
It's not ready yet, but I'm working on it steadily.

I think, Cachebox is a very good addition, maybe alternative to GCzII.
At least anyone using GCzII has the needed hardware and can easily try it out.

Feedback welcome!
Andre

Very good, it's a good guide for those who want to try something that has celery now.

Hootyhoo

Oct 27, 2010
Riverside,
Is there anything wrong with GateCacher. I picked it up a while ago when all the problems just never went away in here. I don't hear of any talk about it but in what little use I have tried, it seems to be fully funtional. Is there something I'm missing.

tjm1706

Dec 29, 2010
deholtmans.nl
GCzII - GPX update

Hi,

After using GCzII for some time (with pleasure), now it isn't working anymore. Logging in is not possible.

A number of other tools work with Geocaching GPX 1.0.1. I read that the GPX format is still 1.0. Is it possible to have a newer GPX format (also) supported? Switching between GPX versions is not very easy when you're geocaching in the field.

Regardz, J

immutability

Mar 11, 2009
bielik.org
It seems that the Windows Mobile platform, even if it's not really outdated and still perfectly usable thanks to the number of great devices out there, will be becoming less and less useful over the coming months due to developers stepping away from keeping their apps up to date.

After the demise of GCzII, I've been using PocketDrake most of the time with PQs and a PC-based utility GeoGet. Today, the developer of PocketDrake announced that he moved to Android and that he will phase out further development of PocketDrake (he should be doing some minor maintenance over the coming weeks though).

It's logical that the platform is no longer attractive to developers - Android and iOS are much more popular, and Windows Mobile itself has been replaced by Windows Phone. It's a pity for those of us who prefer not to waste money on new phones when the old ones are still working and reliable. Even if I wanted to ugprade, I still haven't found a replacement for my Diamond that I'd like (the small form factor and nice specs) among Android or Windows Phones.

Well, that's all I wanted to say - we just have to get used to less and less apps being updated for Windows Mobile, or move on and upgrade.

Crowley10

Aug 6, 2010
It seems that the Windows Mobile platform, even if it's not really outdated and still perfectly usable thanks to the number of great devices out there, will be becoming less and less useful over the coming months due to developers stepping away from keeping their apps up to date.

After the demise of GCzII, I've been using PocketDrake most of the time with PQs and a PC-based utility GeoGet. Today, the developer of PocketDrake announced that he moved to Android and that he will phase out further development of PocketDrake (he should be doing some minor maintenance over the coming weeks though).

It's logical that the platform is no longer attractive to developers - Android and iOS are much more popular, and Windows Mobile itself has been replaced by Windows Phone. It's a pity for those of us who prefer not to waste money on new phones when the old ones are still working and reliable. Even if I wanted to ugprade, I still haven't found a replacement for my Diamond that I'd like (the small form factor and nice specs) among Android or Windows Phones.

Well, that's all I wanted to say - we just have to get used to less and less apps being updated for Windows Mobile, or move on and upgrade.

This was the very reason that I chose to switch away from my windows mobile device. I loved my WM phone especially GCzII but I must say that the lack of up to date apps or even new development pushed me to change.

I liked GCz II so much that I have continued to monitor this thread to see if anything new popped up. I guess I can now let it go. :(

Thank you, Tom, for all your work on the app and your willingness to share it with the rest of us. Also, thank you to all the numerous individuals who have helped out along the way. The best to all of you in your future endeavors and happy caching to all.

Last edited:

kainppc6700

Apr 24, 2010
REST IN PEACE Reply

This was the very reason that I chose to switch away from my windows mobile device. I loved my WM phone especially GCzII but I must say that the lack of up to date apps or even new development pushed me to change.

I liked GCz II so much that I have continued to monitor this thread to see if anything new popped up. I guess I can now let it go. :(

Thank you, Tom, for all your work on the app and your willingness to share it with the rest of us. Also, thank you to all the numerous individuals who have helped out along the way. The best to all of you in your future endeavors and happy caching to all.

Exactly the problem. So many developers and a boatload of new developers have hopped over to the Android boat that Windows Mobile didn't stand much of a chance. In its day, Gczll was the stuff, but with Gech either neglecting this software or having moved on, I think we need to let this software rest in peace.

"Thanks for the hunt", Gczll.
Long time ago - 2012

- 2B

kecupek

Jan 14, 2010
GCzII - missing waypoints for multicaches

Hi,

I still use that great app even it doesn't allow to me to work online with GC.com. Simply, I didn't find anything better for WM 6.x.

But seems now I have a problem with multicaches - when I import GPX file (directly downloaded from GC.com, not modified by GSAK etc.) then during the import phase GCzII shows e.g. "1/7 caches" but at the end I cannot see any additional waypoint(s) in cache detail.

I tried to play with GC.com formats of GPX, but no success.

Where is the problem, I'm quite sure that this feature for multis worked earlier … other tools like BeeLine shows all "child" wpts for multis.

Thx,
Kecup

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ver 0.2.35.67

Hi

Ver 0.2.35.67

Quick fix "Cache not Found" issue.

thanks

tom

for Professional Edition => GCzII_20110202_0235_67.zip
    for Gesture Scroll => GCzII_20110202_0235_67_GS.zip
    for Non touch screen (Standard Edition) => GCzII_20110202_0235_67_STD.zip
    Ver 0.2.35.58 now!!

Hi

Ver 0.2.35.58

1) Direction/Distance show on Cache List.

*) "Download All Caches" or "Reload from Cache Detail" when search by below.

Search by
    - Postal Code/Address
    - Cache Code
    - Current Location
    - Coordinate

Need to get base Latitude/Longitude by above search.

thanks

tom
    ver 0.2.35.61

Hi

Ver 0.2.35.61

1) "Sort by" => "Cache" => "Member Only" menu added.
    2) "Exclude Member Only cache from result" option added.
    (Option => Search Settings)

This works for English version only.
    To test, rename "GCzII.exe.04xx.mui" if use Language skin.

I will build Language skin on weekend if no issue.

Thanks

tom

PS) Need help translation!!!

English: "Exclude Member Only cache from result"
    German: ""
    French: ""
    Czech: ""
    Japanese: "Member Onlyキャッシュを検索結果から除く"
    Probablly, the big wave has come at GC.com.
    The new changes might be huge impact for GCz.
    (Don't know what happen after the maintenounce.)

The first release date of GCz is Dec/17/2008.
    So, it was 2 years ago. Time is faster!!

I always tried to fix problems as soon as possible.
    And I've got lots of feedback to improve GCz from members here.
    I really appriciate all of you!!

Now, I have not decided yet what will continue or dis-continue to work for GCz.
    It depends on the side effect of the maintanouce.

I hope, it will not be catastrophic destruction.

thanks

tom
    Ver 0.2.35.68

Hi

Ver 0.2.35.68

- Minor bug fix.
    - Add Sort Interval menu to "Distance by". (10sec/30sec/1min/3mins)
    - Change strings "F:10/D:2.5/T:1.5" instead of "F:[10] D:2.5/T:1.5" in Cache List.

thanks

tom

GCzII_20110203_0235_68.zip => Professional Edition
    GCzII_20110203_0235_68_GS.zip => Gesture Scrolling
    GCzII_20110203_0235_68_STD.zip => Standard Edition (None touch screen)

You can follow update info by Twitter.
    Twitter account is "GCzII".