In urgent need of help!

Search This thread
C

ColtonDRG

Hello. I have managed to dig myself a seemingly un-escapable hole. I flashed the GPE ROM on to my device, and it tried to update... When it did, it resized a bunch of partitions, upgraded HBOOT, and completely messed up the bootloader, so now I am stuck with a device that refuses to flash anything but CyanogenMod 11 because my /system is too small for any other ROM. My HBOOT version is 3.18.0.0000. I have tried pretty much everything I can think of including RUU... I don't know where to go from here. If anyone has any suggestions, please tell me as I would try anything. Will I just have to wait until we can gain S-OFF for this new HBOOT version so that I can downgrade the HBOOT and get the T-Mobile one back, or just convert the entire thing to GPE?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tidbits

Mar 5, 2011
Pearl City
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hello. I have managed to dig myself a seemingly un-escapable hole. I flashed the GPE ROM on to my device, and it tried to update... When it did, it resized a bunch of partitions, upgraded HBOOT, and completely messed up the bootloader, so now I am stuck with a device that refuses to flash anything but CyanogenMod 11 because my /system is too small for any other ROM. My HBOOT version is 3.18.0.0000. I have tried pretty much everything I can think of including RUU... I don't know where to go from here. If anyone has any suggestions, please tell me as I would try anything. Will I just have to wait until we can gain S-OFF for this new HBOOT version so that I can downgrade the HBOOT and get the T-Mobile one back, or just convert the entire thing to GPE?

Try and follow these instructions
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2754063

then flash the official 1.57 RUU.

If you are S-OFF you will still be S-OFF.

C

ColtonDRG

Which method are you using?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I used RUU mode to flash all of the different firmware packages, none of them worked. I also can't restore the NANDROID backups because my /system is too small. I tried the RUU as well but it always quit after accepting the license agreement.

Sent from my HTC One (M8)

C

ColtonDRG

Do you have Norton or similar virus protection? Did you try and run the RUU as admin?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
No. I had no virus protection on that computer at the time. Yes. The computer would not actually let me run it w/o being admin.

The computer was running Windows 7 x86_64. HTC Sync was installed. The phone in RUU mode plugged into a USB 2.0 port.

Sent from my HTC One (M8)

Last edited by a moderator: