[APP][ROOT] LBE Privacy Guard - Most Powerful privacy protection app for Android

Search This thread

Sam Sung

I see this thread hasn't been posted to in a while. I love this app. I used it on my ET4G S2 for a few years. I stayed with GB all of that time (after a few tries with JB, etc.).

But I noticed there were some issues with the newer android versions. Some thought it a permissions issue that could be dealt with in recovery. Now that I've rooted my Note 3 (vrz), I'll probably try to reinstall this app. Is anyone still using it? Any issues or workarounds? I'm on JB 4.3.

niteh@wk

Oct 14, 2011
I see this thread hasn't been posted to in a while. I love this app. I used it on my ET4G S2 for a few years. I stayed with GB all of that time (after a few tries with JB, etc.).

But I noticed there were some issues with the newer android versions. Some thought it a permissions issue that could be dealt with in recovery. Now that I've rooted my Note 3 (vrz), I'll probably try to reinstall this app. Is anyone still using it? Any issues or workarounds? I'm on JB 4.3.

The author seems to have abandoned this thread, but they're still actively developing this app in Chinese. Here's the more active thread with translated apks you can install.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1422479

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sam Sung

Mr. Barker

Jul 25, 2014
On Android 5.1, LBE causes all my widgets to freeze, and closes all apps that need to remain in memory, such as my alarms and etc. If I uninstall LBE and reboot, the widgets and apps work fine.

Is this a known problem and if so, is there a solution? I've been running an old version of LBE on another phone running Android 4 for years with no issues whatsoever. But the current version of LBE on my new phone makes the phone unusable.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

jaibar

Feb 2, 2011
Underwater, no Sh!t
picasaweb.google.com
On Android 5.1, LBE causes all my widgets to freeze, and closes all apps that need to remain in memory, such as my alarms and etc. If I uninstall LBE and reboot, the widgets and apps work fine.

Is this a known problem and if so, is there a solution? I've been running an old version of LBE on another phone running Android 4 for years with no issues whatsoever. But the current version of LBE on my new phone makes the phone unusable.

Any help appreciated, thanks.
This thread suddenly popped in my tapatalk "participated" stuff.. It's so old, I don't even remember it existed ?

Now, if you haven't noticed, there wasn't much going on in it for me than a year and half. For Android, this is the equivalent of several lifetimes (like the one human year is about seven dog-years??).

So, considering since this thread last posts are about that it is not working in the "new" Android Jelly Bean... And much very much has changed since then, maybe you're lucky it didn't mess anything. Besides, LBE never went open source (as far as I know- I could be wrong), so I wouldn't trust it too much.

If you're staying on LP for a while, and you are concerned by privacy (and security), maybe you can try xposed framework with modules like Xprivacy?

lt works great, is constantly supported and updated, xda thread is as alive as any and it does the best job in spoofing, denying or allowing whatever permissions you'd like to allow/block on any app.

It works best than any other similar stuff that I've tried (e.g. lbe, cyanogenmod's permission blocker, Google's similar stuff introduced intermittently in their Android versions, or some solution which i forgot the name that required patching the whole rom and flashing e the patched zip hoping it won't bootloop etc. etc.).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

roey1

Oct 4, 2012
Hey ,
I use this app a lot of time but I have one big problem with.
The app block notifications from a lot of apps on my phone.
Is there a way that it does not block ?
Thanks

GAMBOT8

Jun 13, 2023
By the way, be careful. This app affects sound record apps when the screen is off. When you start recording sound, this app affects the app's functionality and it stops recording sound. I don't know how to solve this problem, but when you disable its security management or deny its root permission, then you can have the sound record as previously as used to be. This probably happens to prevent people from listening to you secretly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LBE Privacy Guard v2 is available, check http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18948472#post18948472 for more information.

----------

First, my apologize for poor engish

Please allow me to introduce LBE Privacy Guard, a small app wrote by myself. This app enhances Android permission system and protects your privacy.

LBE Privacy Guard works just like Windows UAC, it intercept vital actions (like send SMS, call phones) and requests to access sensitive data(SMS conversation, contacts, phone location, IMEI, IMSI, etc) from apps, then prompt for your confirmation. Unless explicit permit, such actions and request will be rejected.

LBE Privacy Guard also has a low-level firewall, supports per-app control like droidwall, but not require netfilter/iptables so it works on pre-froyo devices and faster than droidwall because it doesn't filter packets.

So why I wrote this app? Because android permission system sucks, it's very hard for average user to understand the meaning of each permission, there is also no way to track the behavior of installed app and no way to control the permission of installed app(except uninstallation).

I hope my app could bring dynamic permission control and real-time track for installed apps. So you can figure out which app is stealing your privacy and block it before your privacy stolen.

Requirements
    **NEEDS ROOT**
    Works on Android 2.0 and above.
    Tested on various devices and firmwares, but not tested on Android 3.0 and 3.1 devices.

Current Features
    1. Block unwanted send SMS / call phone operation
    2. Block unwanted access to phone location, contacts, SMS/MMS conversation database, IMEI/IMSI/ICCID/phone number.
    3. Integrated low-level firewall, no netfilter/iptables required, works on pre-froyo devices

Market Link
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.lbe.security

Contact us
    For any questions, feel free to send mail to lbe@lbesec.com, any comments are welcomed.
    You can also check our website at http://www.lbesec.com (Chinese only)

Screenshots
    I just sent a note to the folks at Lookout (MyLookout.com) to see if they know anything about it. Seems like known legit security firms would (should?) have an opinion on this.

Application checks out, it doesn't do anything nefarious. I originally checked out when it was first launched into the market - did a second pass when we got an email from short/y just to be safe.

As mmarz points out above, there are some outbound links which it does contact;

http://www.lbesec.com/
    Authors web site, this is just test displayed the about page

http://www.lbesec.com/report/error_report.php
    Url used for sending error reports back, disable this by unchecking "Send error report"

http://www.lbesec.com/report/behavior.php
    Url used for sending event data back, the data to this url is that action you took (blocked/not blocked) the application/packagename and the permission which was seen. This is disabled when you uncheck "Send error report" in the configuration

http://www.lbesec.com/lbesec.ini
    This is the auto-update url, disable accessing this by unchecking "auto update" in the configuration

http://weibo.com/lbesec
    Chinese social networking site, it's just a link displayed in the about page

http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.lbe.security - This is in the AndroidManifest, it's not actually a url ;)

http://analytics.localytics.com/api/datapoints/bulk
    Analytics service used by this application, this is similar to flurry and other services. Get's a unique anonymous id to track you by, and sends some device information off to the server. This helps the devs track usage/errors/etc.

Granted, this is a root application - which you are allowing constant access to run on your device. Still use this at your own risk! A note to someone previously in this thread said "just use Permission Denied". Don't expect this to help much if an application truely wants to be malicious and you've given it root access. If you use Permission Denied, it blocks the user id of the application from having this permission anymore, if your giving an application access to root (uid=0) then it isn't hindered by the normal security mechanisms which Permission Denied relies on.

Tim Strazzere
    Lookout Mobile Security
    Here I am, back with the updated English translation of LBE Safety Master 2.0.1321.

Issues/glitches seem to be exactly the same than with the previous version 2.0.1298EN.

Please report back.
    ... and ENJOY!
    LBE in English!

Hello guys!

I further worked on the translation of v2.0.1298.
    I think I've reached a pretty neat result.
    I don't see any major issue with the translations now.

There are still some app glitches due to (I think) the fact that we are missing some libs to properly decompile/recompile.

Glitches:
    * the bottom line of the main screen should not show the "selection buttons" on the left of the umbrella and on the left of the phones icon
    * when you click the top left quadrant and then click the center bottom-menu button, you get a FC. You can still manage internet access through settings/App management/Rights
    * when you try to modify a right permission, you click on the app and/or permission log and then a menu should appear with "Allow" "Ask" "Reject". However, in my version just 3 buttons appear without icon nor text. But it is still working

These are not major glitches, everything is still working OK.

Also, I modified the splash screen image:
    * App name in English
    * Proper encoding colors to prevent color bands on the HD2

Please report any further issue if any.

Cheers!

PS: I sent an e-mail to LBE team with all my source files. I hope this can help them release the English version faster than the initially planned "end of the month".
    Latest version of LBE Security Master 2.1.1343 beta

Hi,

I thought I would post a translated version of the latest LBE Security Master 2.1.1343 beta

I have recreated the language translation to make some of the functions easier to understand.

Some Key features :-

Firewall
    Internet Monitoring
    Data usage
    Blocking SMs/Phone Calls
    Power Optimization
    system Optimization
    Privacy Settings

I hope you like the changes.

below is a list of fixes.

0 new calls attribution firewall communication and common number of prompts
    1 fixes a long-standing problem, it will lead to active defense is always displayed Loading
    (2) monitoring the Internet traffic monitoring new floating window feature (off by default, you need to access control -> Settings to open)
    3 new Internet monitoring software displays each month 2/3G and WIFI traffic data
    4 Internet monitoring is not set fixed monthly flow in the percentage error when the flow problem
    5 power-saving optimization features into the night settings automatically enter power-saving mode, night mode, auto power saving function of flight mode switch
    6 SMS communications intercept some of the new Firewall custom mode that allows users to freely mix different filter spam messages
    7 communications intercepted some of the new Firewall SMS custom keywords, allowing users to set their own spam messages keyword to filter
    8 messages intercepted communications firewall blocking some smart algorithms to adjust and reduce the false positive rate
    9 Communication firewall blocking some calls intercepted and cleared automatically added missed call reminder feature
    10 Fixed on some devices, when the network is disconnected, the master reported flow safety problems 0

Enjoy

OptimalK