Nokia Lumia 900 Screen Protectors

Search This thread

FiyaFleye

Oct 26, 2008
Miami
It does, but it's a fingerprint magnet, & gorilla glass just makes it resist the scratches, not completely avoid them

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

baboss

Jan 1, 2008
I ordered a Clarivue Ultra-Clear screen protector last week for $12 or so. It comes with 2 protectors.

Installed it Monday and I'm very happy with it so far.
I think it's more fingerprint resistant than the phone's screen.
Clarity/color through the protector is just fine and colors are still vibrant. No orange-peel. It's Ultra-Clear, just like they say.
No loss of touch responsiveness that I can detect.
It fits the screen perfect.
It was very easy to install. I had just a couple of very small bubbles and it was easy to push them out. I'm now bubble free.
They say wait 48 hours for bubbles to disappear if you do have them.

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas
I ordered a Clarivue Ultra-Clear screen protector last week for $12 or so. It comes with 2 protectors.

Installed it Monday and I'm very happy with it so far.
I think it's more fingerprint resistant than the phone's screen.
Clarity/color through the protector is just fine and colors are still vibrant. No orange-peel. It's Ultra-Clear, just like they say.
No loss of touch responsiveness that I can detect.
It fits the screen perfect.
It was very easy to install. I had just a couple of very small bubbles and it was easy to push them out. I'm now bubble free.
They say wait 48 hours for bubbles to disappear if you do have them.

I have been using clarivue for several years now on multiple devices. I don't think I have ever seen a bubble "work itself out" over 48 hours.

The nice thing is you can easily lift a side of it up by putting scotch tape on the edge and lifting. Then use scotch tape (don't touch the sticky part you contact the underside with) and remove small fibers or particles that cause it to lift off and "bubble". Sometimes they lift off with the protector or sometimes they stay on the screen. In either case just touch the area with the tape gently and lift off to remove the problem. Don't use cheap tape or it will leave behind its adhesive and then you are screwed. Unfortunately the lifting off can then introduce other areas to small fiber/particulate that will cause the same.

DO NOT use a credit card or hard edged item to push out bubbles. Even with the outer protector on! It will leave marks in the protector surface. I have an OLD padded edged card and a rubber one from Zagg that I use.

They say it is washable, I only did that once several years ago. For me once its on I don't take it off.

Last edited:

cloudraven

Aug 30, 2007
I got a moshi iVisor. It looks pretty good, but I feel it negates the clearblack benefits when using under the sunlight.
Other than that it looks pretty good, no peel effects, feels smooth and it avoids fingerprints like a pro.

uptempo777

Jun 22, 2008
Phantomskinz just made available their screen protector for the Nokia Lumia 900. I've used their screen protectors since the Palm Pre and never any orange peel and very clean.

http://phantomskinz.com/nokialumia900.aspx

It's $9.95 with free shipping and you can get 30% off that with coupon code COMEBACK30. Pretty sweet deal. I just ordered mine today for $6.96 with no tax.

tolosa997

Jun 6, 2008
I have a Gadget Guard ....looks great no orange Peel like zagg....lifetime warranty and its about $15 ..free replacements!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335593031040.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335593031040.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 122

idelgado782

Jul 29, 2008
Union, NJ
I've used zagg and hate the orange peel effect. I tried clear-coat on my nexus and it was awesome. No orange pee
Effect. I tweeted them yesterday and they said they will be releasing the skins for the 900 very shortly. For now i am using the Moshi that I picked up at the AT&T store and it doesn't have bubbles or fingerprints but I HATE matte. It takes away from the great quality of the screen. I have been able to take off the Moshi and put it back on without any issues so at least it does live up to its advertising in that area. I'm going to look into the clarivue you guys mentioned.

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas
I have a Gadget Guard ....looks great no orange Peel like zagg....lifetime warranty and its about $15 ..free replacements!

Cool, I have used Invisible Gadget Guard as well and prefer their better overall coverage. I too agree it is superior to Zagg in the lack of orange peel effect. I looked for IGG when I pre-ordered but nothing. Glad to hear its out!

The two things that hold me back on those type of protectors is the clarivue ultraclear is superior optically. Further, the zagg/IGG type are higher friction and thus drag my finger more when swiping.

EDIT: Just looked at the IGG coverage and its not as complete as it usually is. The zagg is better for that =/

Last edited:

JonnieLasVegas

Jun 16, 2010
Las Vegas
I've never had any problems with zagg. Love those screen protectors, had one on my HD2 for 2yrs and it still looks brand new. Never seen or heard about the orange peel until I read this thread. So I hope mine will live up to the old one I still use. Ordered mine off Amazon, should be here Tues.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas
I've never had any problems with zagg. Love those screen protectors, had one on my HD2 for 2yrs and it still looks brand new. Never seen or heard about the orange peel until I read this thread. So I hope mine will live up to the old one I still use. Ordered mine off Amazon, should be here Tues.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

The orange peel effect isnt a head on thing, its when viewed at angles or with reflections such as sunlight.

When your phone is useless in direct sunlight you don't see it because you don't use it in those circumstances. I had the zagg on front for a few weeks (ironically last week while in las vegas) and it was noticeable. My clarivue arrived while I was gone and is of course ultra clear now in direct sunlight.

senor360

Feb 25, 2010
Ghost Armor anybody?

Has anybody tried Ghost Armor?

http://www.ghost-armor.com/Nokia/786.html

I had this on my iPhone 4 and it was great. No 'orange peel' effect, and had a nice, smooth feel to it. Just have to find it in your area. The kiosk where I had them do it and my daughters ipad didn't take very long. Will be getting it for my 900 next weekend.

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas

cubanaso

Jun 5, 2008
Miramar, FL
Did anyone else feel like they put a garbage bag over a brand new pair of Jordan shoes when they installed a full body screen protector on their lumia? Iam sorry but I can't handle how it feels on this phone, had to take it off. Going naked with a realook screen protector. I'll use a case when I do outdoor activities.

Reactions: LastBattle

tolosa997

Jun 6, 2008
So I removed my Gadget Guard and installed the Zagg full body invisible shield and honestly hate it...its too glossy and it feels like I'm holding a phone wrapped in Saran wrap ..will be going back to gadget guard soon...on the other hand..it does protect the chrome part of the camera..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336541777557.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336541777557.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 110
  • uploadfromtaptalk1336541810447.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336541810447.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 107

kwill

Jun 15, 2006
Austin, TX
Did anyone else feel like they put a garbage bag over a brand new pair of Jordan shoes when they installed a full body screen protector on their lumia? Iam sorry but I can't handle how it feels on this phone, had to take it off. Going naked with a realook screen protector. I'll use a case when I do outdoor activities.

Hahaha! Yeah man, I tried a Zagg full body protector on one phone and never did it again. I actually don't even use screen protectors and have never really had any concerns with scratches on any of my WP7 phones. The only reason I'm trying a screen protector now is to keep fingerprints off it. Kind of tired of wiping the screen on my shirt every 30 mins:D

hx4700 Killer

Oct 19, 2007
Texas
So I removed my Gadget Guard and installed the Zagg full body invisible shield and honestly hate it...its too glossy and it feels like I'm holding a phone wrapped in Saran wrap ..will be going back to gadget guard soon...on the other hand..it does protect the chrome part of the camera..

So the IGG doesnt cover the chrome at all? That is dissapointing =/

tolosa997

Jun 6, 2008
Sorry you miss understood me...I meant that the IGG DOES cover the chrome peace of the phone...it just looks ugly and cheap..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's the orange peel effect ?

"Orange peel effect" as seen on this Skinomi TechSkin, which is analagous to the Zagg (Zagg is allegedly uglier):

c5595d46f8ca9674bbf8.jpg

No "orange peel effect" on Brando UltraClear:

62b505d82c98e65fb8e4.jpg

Unfortunately, it looks like Brando hasn't put up an UltraClear for the Nokia Lumia 900 yet.
    When I got the UltraClear, as seen on the Focus S above, they didn't have one for the Focus S. Instead, I got one for the Galaxy S II, and cut off a bit around the edges because apparently the Galaxy S II, with the same screen size has a bigger bezel. Worked like a charm.

Not sure what you can do with Lumia 900 though.

tldr: the Brando UltraClear is by far the best screen protector I've owned, you might want to wait until they stock them (on brando.com) for the Lumia 900, but if you can't wait, then there are a number of ways you can cut other screen protectors to fit.
    I bought the Zagg Dry for my Lumia and really like the front cover. It does a good job of staying nearly invisible and still protecting the screen. The back cover however is different. It has a rough texture and honestly, if I hadnt paid for it I would take it off. It just ruins the look of the matte finish. But I dont have a case yet so I think I will leave it on for now
    I have two zaggs and I REALLY don't like the orange peel effect but the finger streaks are far better than the PET type plastic that use static adhesion to stay on.
    The other thing I don't like about Zagg type protectors is the finger adhesion is greater than the PET type.

I might give the brando a shot if they get one.

Right now I am just using a PET type I ordered from Amazon the same day I pre-ordered the phone.

Edit: Now that I have looked up brando and see its a "PET" type protector then I have to say my favorite of all time in those types are from Clarivue.com but they dont have the 900 up yet either.

Edit: Just heard back from Clarivue and they say ETA is next friday.
    Does it effect color quality that much? I read on the wpcentral forum one person who said the Moshi iVisor took away from the deep black and rich colors.....but that's to be expected somewhat.

Its ass. It's a great protector, resists finger prints, and is reusable. But it's ass when it comes to quality lol. The second a true clear one comes out, I'm switching. It makes the phone unreadable in the sunlight... Which is one of it's selling points -.-