Need guidance

Search This thread

Fajreas

Oct 16, 2013
Sydney
Just did a nandroid backup thru CWM and when i try to reboot system, it just boots into CWM.. Even if i shutdown the phone, and boot it up again with the power button down, it will still boot into CWM..

Can someone help me??

Last edited:

xfxalways

Feb 5, 2014
Lg-e980 at&t

Any help plzzzzz i need kdz file i have tried flash tool with no sucsees my phone is bricked well soft brick i can still download mode but no recovery any hellp plzz lg mobile suport reconizes it and when go to upgrade recovery nothin left on for hours no progress bar nothing lso when i do it manually put in model and imei it says halted due to battery i have treied 3 batterys alll say 100%??

cynosure4sure

Nov 5, 2010
Did you do this method? If you did, could you tell me what to do?

yes i used this method

turn on your phone and goto recovery

connect your phone to pc

open command prompt and run adb (if you you dont know how to setup/use adb Google it)

type in following commands

adb shell
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc bs=1 count=1088

reboot

Reactions: Fajreas

Fajreas

Oct 16, 2013
Sydney
yes i used this method

turn on your phone and goto recovery

connect your phone to pc

open command prompt and run adb (if you you dont know how to setup/use adb Google it)

type in following commands

adb shell
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc bs=1 count=1088

reboot

Cheers man!! I thought it was the codes on the bottom of the post haha.. :D:D

Fajreas

Oct 16, 2013
Sydney
Need help again

I flashed this ROM last night, and im liking it. But today my service keeps dropping. But if i go through the settings to search for networks, it appears. I also tried to flash my modem again and still had problems. Should i try to use a different modem? btw, i extracted this modem from stock and i never had a problem with this modem with stock rom. It doesnt really matter for me but i would still like to know the fix to this

G

GuestK00434

I have had this same issue whenever I hard book into recovery (volume up + power). I've tested it with cwm that's installed via freegee, and philz touch. Both go into a boot loop whenever recovery is entered via a hard boot. Things work fine if I reboot to recovery from freegee.

I just restored back to factory via LGflash install. . . several times now :)

Really need to find a solution I can hardboot into recovery with and get out of. . .

G

GuestK00434

use madmac's lokified twrp

for anyone who's still following this and/or having this issue with CWM going into a recovery loop when entered form power off, use madmac's lokified TWRP. . . zip linked:

madmac's lokified twrp

Fajreas

Oct 16, 2013
Sydney
Got another problem sadly... My signal keeps dropping whenever my screen is on, but when it is off, it stays at 4bars. This morning my phone was hot and off (literally) due to the modem searching for signal crazy (i asked some people why this happend and they said it was the modem not the rom that i particular have right now) but anyway.. I cant find a suitable modem for me since this phone isnt available in Australia. So what should i do?? I dont want to wake up in the morning with a hot phone and lose around 20% battery... Please help me out :/

Sent from my Optimus G Pro using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts