Facebook button remapping for unrooted(!) HTC ChaCha

Search This thread

wideopen4ever

Jul 12, 2010
Lyon
Hi everyone,

Great job for this app !!

I'd like to know if Facebook button could be reassigned to "Twitter for Sense" ?
I haven't found a list of app/actions possible with this app, through this thread or Market !!!

anmipo

Jun 14, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if Facebook button could be reassigned to "Twitter for Sense" ?
I haven't found a list of app/actions possible with this app, through this thread or Market !!!
Thank you!
The possible actions are shown in Market's screenshots (there is only "Device control - Show Home screen" missing).
Regarding your question: you can configure FButton to start any application listed in you launcher (such as the default "All Apps" list). I cannot find "Twitter for Sense" in my ChaCha, but I guess it would be a hidden app, just like "Facebook for HTC Sense"...

wideopen4ever

Jul 12, 2010
Lyon
Then Ok for all apps in drawer !!!..... very Good !!!
My question was about "Twitter for Sense" because I've read that button was assigned to "Facebook for sense" then I thought your app was ok to assign any other app sync'ed by sense (like "Tweeter For Sense")...
I don't have any Chacha ; that question was just to convince a friend to buy HTC rather than Samsung (Galaxy Pro) !!! :D
Thanks again for your quick answer mate !!!:)

Mar 7, 2012
help

could you send a email to me for this Software ?:P:P:P
because in china ,i cant download in here:O:O:O
thank you very mach :D:D:D
chacha phone users all need it :):):)

cmatej000

Mar 22, 2012
Facebook button not working

Hi,
I would like to say that i really like the app :) Ive looked for it before i eaven bought the phone:)

So everything was great untill i rooted my phone and installed CM7.
now it wont work! I would like to know if this is normal for rooted phones?
And is there a way to fix it?

Thanx

qbert456

Jul 21, 2010
If you are rooted, look for the thread in development section, it's quite easy to re map - even I managed it so it must be.

sent usin' tapatalk innit.

yonnychen

Apr 12, 2012
I installed the lite version from Google Play Market. When I click the F-button on my brand new ChaCha (ver 1.57.862.1), it pops-up a window let me choose (just like OP says). When I select Custom F-button action option, it shows a text Get F-button (full version) to start applications. Does that mean I have to purchase full version to experience it? Or something wrong with the app or mobile?

Update: I find the way to config it. Just ignore this reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: anmipo

anmipo

Jun 14, 2010
I installed the lite version from Google Play Market. When I click the F-button on my brand new ChaCha (ver 1.57.862.1), it pops-up a window let me choose (just like OP says). When I select Custom F-button action option, it shows a text Get F-button (full version) to start applications. Does that mean I have to purchase full version to experience it? Or something wrong with the app or mobile?
Younnychen, thank you for the notification! It was a bug in the application; I've just submitted a fixed version to the Market.

Reactions: ze7zez

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As probably many of us here, I've bought HTC ChaCha not for the Facebook key, but rather for the other 42. However, not being able to reassign that FB button to something more relevant was rather annoying - and looked like an interesting way to spend the weekend.

So, a weekend of reading though the phone's log and trying different approaches resulted in a simple application for reassigning the Facebook button to custom actions. I've published it on Android market: F-button Lite for HTC ChaCha (free and without ads). The app does not rely on any hacks or non-standard tricks, and therefore works even on unrooted HTC ChaCha (and maybe on HTC Salsa).

Please let me know if the application works on your HTC ChaCha/Status/Salsa, and feel free to share any ideas for improving the app.

UPD: Requires firmware version 1.23 or higher (see Settings - About phone - Software information - Software number, and, if necessary, get an update via Settings - About phone - Software updates - Check now).

UPD2: Reportedly does not work with AT&T Status. Please try the Lite version before paying for the full one. If you have already bought the full version and it does not work on your phone, please email me the order number to get a refund.
    I am not able to click on "Device Control". It is not highlighted.
    You need first to press "Action on click" and choose "Device control", then the corresponding option will be enabled.
    Any chance someone can paste up the file for me?
    Will test on Salsa and report back lol

Try the attached file :)
    Hi everyone,

Thank you!
    The possible actions are shown in Market's screenshots (there is only "Device control - Show Home screen" missing).
    Regarding your question: you can configure FButton to start any application listed in you launcher (such as the default "All Apps" list). I cannot find "Twitter for Sense" in my ChaCha, but I guess it would be a hidden app, just like "Facebook for HTC Sense"...
    The app doesn't work for me. =/
    On 1.18.401.1 HTC ChaCha.
    (And the "Clear defaults" button for Facebook for HTC Sense is nonactive.
    Does this mean that when you install the app and click the FB button:
    1) the phone opens Facebook as usual, or
    2) nothing happens at all, or
    3) something else?

Has the "Complete action using" dialog ever been displayed?