[THEME] 5ubZ3r0 V4 [01.03.14] Android 4.4.x

Search This thread

@di

Sep 11, 2012
Your theme is awesome....I am loving it....
Just one suggestion bro..
There are so many zips in OP.... some are apks and some are zip files..... its very important for a person like me (noob) to understand, which zip is flashable and which one can be directly installed. :)

Sent from my Incredible S using xda app-developers app

Reactions: johnblundon

@di

Sep 11, 2012
Thank you and if possible please bring the same theme in red, dark blue and Orange colors ( suggestion). It will look awesome...

Reactions: johnblundon

InsertDumbNick

Feb 2, 2012
Chennai
varunkeshav.com
Great work John! I love the new lock/unlock sound. Just to clarify, the circular battery icon with percentage is still glitchy or is it just me??

Burtrum57

Apr 9, 2012
Berri, Sth Aust
John, I love the theme and the App drawer is great, sets it off nicely. Only thing is the battery icon is too small for to read properly.

Keep up the good work!

Sent from my Incredible S using xda premium

johnblundon

Recognized Themer
Apr 4, 2011
St. John's, NL
Google Pixel 6
Great work John! I love the new lock/unlock sound. Just to clarify, the circular battery icon with percentage is still glitchy or is it just me??

Yeah man it's still small, I'm trying to get a theme where it works and figure out why mine is so small... It's not even using the custom circle battery I have in the theme so I'll have to figure out what the deal is there.... if anyone has a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully I'll have a solution soon... I did however modify the percentage battery style to look a little better for those who need the exact percentage :)

johnblundon

Recognized Themer
Apr 4, 2011
St. John's, NL
Google Pixel 6
What is music sleep?

Music sleep is a music timer, I usually fall asleep listening to music at night so I use the music sleep widget to set the music to stop after 60mins to save battery :) It's just a app I use all the time so I wanted to theme the widget to match. You can see it under my music player widget in the Screenshots.

Reactions: LamboBull
E

Endoclusian

Thanks joh V1.0.2 is really good. ..solved the red bar problem..was wondering is it possible to have clock on lock screen , lock screen widgets as blue...even the bluetooth icon on statusbar...i know its a lot but this theme is so good that i seem to be asking more and more....Thanks for Everything bro..:)

johnblundon

Recognized Themer
Apr 4, 2011
St. John's, NL
Google Pixel 6
Thanks joh V1.0.2 is really good. ..solved the red bar problem..was wondering is it possible to have clock on lock screen , lock screen widgets as blue...even the bluetooth icon on statusbar...i know its a lot but this theme is so good that i seem to be asking more and more....Thanks for Everything bro..:)

I would love to add those features man, I'm going to be having a look and doing another update in the next few days, I will totally try to accomplish those suggestion :)

H.e.S.a.M

Jan 27, 2012
Khvoy
HTC Incredible S
HTC One (M8)
Re: [THEME] 5ubZ3r0 [01.15.13]

ur theme is very beautifull i love it. but if u can theme the android 4.2 Analog Clock with the blue borders and blue clock hands. it seems to good. sorry for poor english:|

Sent from my Incredible S using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358448708747.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358448708747.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 87

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    5ubZ3r0 Theme for Theme Chooser
    for Android 4.2.2 and below on SmartPhones and Tablets

HUGE update just uploaded, complete teardown of the old theme. Rebuilt from scratch and fully working for android 4.4x +

Should be live shortly and you can grab it here: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=jblundon&hl=en

Thanks to everyone for the support over this past year :)

v2.3.jpg

banner2.jpg

YOUTUBE VIDEO PREVIEW:
    (best to watch on YouTube in HD)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlz4GQURbSA

The video is crap and because screencast doesn't work the best with this ROM but you will get the idea, some colors are a bit off and the status bar looks like crap but check out the video and screenshots below for better details and a true idea of how this theme looks.

SCREENSHOTS
    HIDDEN TO CLEAN UP POST

0.png
    1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png
    5.png
    6.png
    7.png
    8.png
    9.png
    10.png
    11.png
    12.png
    13.png

DOWNLOADS

5uBz3r0 Theme Version 2.5 NOW ON GOOGLE MARKET

An updated version of 5UBZ3R0 is now on the marketplace!! GET IT HERE very cool for me as it's the first thing I have ever added. Plus I think it will be kinda cool for the people who purchase it to get automatic updates and not have to keep checking my thread.

There is a charge for the first release but I will be adding free versions to this thread in the future.

5uBz3r0 Theme Version 2.4 UPDATE MARCH 4 2013
    APK file just install and apply in theme chooser.

THIS IS BUILT TO WORK WITH THE FLASHABLE PACKAGE BELOW AND THE BLACK APPS BELOW, IF YOU HAVE ISSUES AND DIDN'T INSTALL THEM YOU KNOW WHY :D

For the best result I use APEX LAUNCHER! I have fully themed that where as some elements may not apply for you on a different stock launcher depending on your ROM.

Get the latest version here: 5UBZ3R0 Theme v2.4.apk

TABLET USERS: please note that for now there are some color issues with email on tablets. What should be black in some places is white. I had some issues with blacking out the email and I am working on an update to fix this, the email composes differently and I have to figure out the differences and adjust. Hopefully won't be long.

5uBz3r0 Bootanimation, Apps and Media Pack Version 2.4 FLASHABLE ZIP This is a collection of Media like System UI sounds and Ringtones and notification sounds. As well there is a new Boot animation and some APK files that finish the theme. This fills in parts that I can't adjust with theme chooser alone so it's almost necessary to install this for a great experience.

5uBz3r0 Apps and Media Pack Tablet Version 2.3 FLASHABLE ZIP

Modified Apollo player with custom widget
    Apollo Black theme (go to settings and change theme to black will look weird until you do)

XDA Developers app (free) Black Theme
    Gmail 4.2.1
    MusicSleep Custom Widget
    Seeder 1.1 (Just becasue you should use it!)
    Talk Black version
    TweetDark Custom Black with Widgets
    Black YouTube
    ...and more

FOR THE ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE I USE THE BLACK APPS BELOW MY THEME ADJUST THESE APKS AND ADDS HIGHLIGHTS TO MAKE THEM FIT MY THEME BETTER.

Download 5ubZ3r0-Swype-v1.0.1.apk Themed Keyboard.

Download 5ubZ3r0 MusicSleep 1.4.10.1.apk

Amazing black apps by B-boy™

BLACK FACEBOOK

BLACK DROPBOX

BLACK FACEBOOK MESSENGER

BLACK TWITTER

BLACK GOOGLE+

BLACK INSTAGRAM

BLACK SKYPE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES:

If you still have black text on sms app, goto settings and set "use black theme"!

Ignore the "Sorry, this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size." message, apply anyway!

If you get "improperly compiled" Error message, it is CM bug, not the Theme! It is caused when you have more than one Theme installed. Set to default system theme, reboot and then apply my theme.

Reboot after applying the Theme to take full effect!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APEX ICON THEMES NEW

This is something new I'm trying out. Extra Icon packs to tweak the theme in little ways. As of right now I only have one release but there will be many more to follow...

Fans of my old Digital Frost theme will love the first package, I give you Apex Digital Frost V1.0 DOWNLOAD HERE Just download and install and then go to theme setting under the apex menu and apply the 5ubZ3r0 IconPack. For now only check the Icons becasue this is something brand new and I have not figured out all of the theme part yet. Please check it out and let me know if you like it. Screenshot below:

Digifrost1.png
    digifrost2.png

5UBZ3R0 Boot Animation NEW

Well I had some issues getting this working but thankfully my awesome new friend Rockn_Rolla helped me compile the working boot animation for my theme! Give this guys some thanks here or at his awesome boot animation thread here

Anyway...

flashable boot animation and apps package

Just the flashable boot animation

and Just to boot animation for ROM like PA where it's in a weird spot.

ZeroBoot.jpg

Download and enjoy!! Looks great in my opinion and just completes the total 5UBZ3R0 Theme!! Let me know what you guys think.

EXTRAS

5uBz3r0 HTC Splash Screen
    This is the screen that appears when you first boot your phone, usually a white HTC screen. This is a replacement screen for the theme. Simply place the PG32IMG.zip on the ROOT of your SD card and reboot into bootloader. Bootloader will automatically find and install the file. When you are done reboot and remember to DELETE the file after you have installed it.

Get it here: HTC Splash Screen

5uBz3r0 4EXT THEME NEW!
    DOWNLOAD HERE

5uBz3r0 Wallpaper Package (17 wallpapers) UPDATED FEB 24 2013
    Get it here: 15 Wallpapers Package

User Banners
    Had a few requests for custom theme user banners... not sure why you guys like the theme this much but anyway... here is a quick one to match my new Avatar :) SOMETHING BETTER COMING REALLY SOON!

subzero_sig.jpg

Finally I have something to give back to XDA, I give you my 5uBz3r0 Theme for Theme Chooser. It works on all Android versions below 4.2.1 and includes a flashable package containing blacked out apps, new UI sounds and a new tinted boot animation.

This theme took me months to get to a point where I was happy with it. It was a lot of trial and error to learn how these themes work, I am by no means an expert themer and honestly I don't really know what I'm doing, I learned all of this from XDA and decompiling other themes to figure out how they did things. There are so many themers that I need to thank for their awesome work that thought me everything I know. Honestly I would need a whole new thread just to list them all. This theme is by no means complete and may still contain some old images from the base I used, I am constantly trying to find the time to custom make all new images but it's a long process, so any old images you may notice will eventually be removed as I complete the theme.

Anyway I hope you enjoy this first version of my first theme chooser theme, I will be constantly working on it and updating it as I learn more and more about how this stuff works, so check back often for updates.
    Hey everyone Sorry for the delays but I was busy waiting for this little guy to be born
    488345_523778250993922_1718187840_n.jpg

:D

I'll try to address all of your questions and comments ASAP!
    Updates continue

Huge update coming, lots of text color fixes like the playstore and email and gmail themes as well as a ton of Icons that I have been making for days. Almost ready just trying to do as much as possible before the new update.

apps.png

email.png

gmail.png

icons.png

Still working on the icons but hopefully won't be long and I'll have as many as possible subzeroed!

Look for it soon :D
    Hey Guys,

I have been told many times that I should add my theme to the market... I was very hesitant because I hate to think of charging for a theme and stuff. In fact I was totally against it for the longest time... however after a lot of time working on this I decided to give it a try and see if it can maybe help out a bit with diapers and stuff for the new baby :) plus I can say to my wife "it's work now" and have an excuse to keep spending so many hours working on this stuff.

Anyway my updated version of 5UBZ3R0 is now on the marketplace!! 5UBZ3R0 Theme very cool for me as it's the first thing I have ever added. Plus I think it will be kinda cool for the people who purchase it to get automatic updates and not have to keep checking my thread.

I did charge $1.65 just to see if I can make something for my work... however for you guys that can't afford $1.65 I will still be placing a free version here... just maybe delayed a little from the paid release... anyway... just thought I would let you guys know where to grab it if your so inclined (hopefully you are) and if not, no fear I'll post a free version of 2.5 ASAP... just testing out the marketplace to see what happens :)

Hopefully this will not upset anyone or make people hate me... I'm just hoping that I can keep doing what I love and maybe help pay for baby stuff at the same time :D

Thanks Guys! and look for updates and other flavors very soon!
    HUGE update just uploaded, complete teardown of the old theme. Rebuilt from scratch and fully working for android 4.4x +

Should be live shortly and you can grab it here: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=jblundon&hl=en

Thanks to everyone for the support over this past year :)