Search This thread

quasimidi

Sep 23, 2010
Budapest
Quick info for 2.3:

Joestone (a hungarian developer) successfully compiled the 2.3 for GT540.

What is not working:

- GSM/2G/3G
- OpenGL (aka 3D)
- Bluetooth
- Sound
- App2SD (native)
- SD card
- Camera
- GPS (I guess)

He is working actively, and he is a very nice, helpful guy (even for newbies too)!
To track the progress, visit this forum (hungarian, use google translate to read it):

http://mobilarena.hu/tema/re_lg_optimus_gt540_android_olcson_gyorsan/friss.html

Last edited:

EazyLuke

Oct 19, 2010
I have no idea how to install it, that it works what does not, therefore, is for information only
NOTICE: Install not recommend it! Can ruin the machine!

Even those who finally can not wait!

Why can it brick the device? If it doesn't work, I can still access Clockwork or Fastboot, can't I?

J

joostvhoek

I don't know, I'm running it now and I will post my expirince and some screenshots.
I can still acces recovery so i thinks it is almost inpossible to brick.

Joost

EazyLuke

Oct 19, 2010
Great! Would be cool if you could tell what works, and what doesn't. Like Wifi, calling, BT, GPS, Camera/Camcorder (what format, MP4/3GP, what resolution)...

Btw is it Cyanogenmod 7 (with all the Cyanogen-settings) or standard Android 2.3?

And a big thanks for keeping us up-to-date!

J

joostvhoek

Wooow!! This is awsome, not much is working but it runs and it is pretty smooth. It is just 2.3, not CM 7.

Joost

quasimidi

Sep 23, 2010
Budapest
Hi guys,

Hopefully I can manage to get the 3D working this week ( I took that part of the issues from Joestone, and he is working on other issues). Joestone also works hard to get everything going :)
If someone has time and knowledge to help this project (clean 2.3 for GT540) evolving, then it is warmly welcomed. A github repository has been initialized, the source will be published during today/tomorrow.

So developers are welcome!!! PM me for details.

Please note, we are not in a race with Quarx's/Mur4ik's/wingrime's project, we really appreciate them of their hard work for the GT540 community!

Last edited:
J

joostvhoek

What kind skill do you need to be(come) a developer?

Joost

Sent from my GT540 using XDA App

quasimidi

Sep 23, 2010
Budapest
We are seeking c/c++ developers, developers with linux background (who doesn't affraid to modify 'make' files, familiar with ELF debugging, etc.).

But everyone who has experience in android ROM porting/development are welcomed!

We are not professionals, just enthusiast users :)

Top Liked Posts