[Q] Looking for a good rom.

Search This thread

Singularity_iOS

May 13, 2014
NSW
Im currently using a Galaxy S 3 with Cyanogen mod. I have been using it for about a 3 months now and I have really grown attached to it. But im getting a note 3 in a few days and apparently some features of the phone aren't going to work. Well im not the biggest fan of touch wiz. Basically all i'm looking for is a rom that looks Nice and Has all the features. Any suggestions?

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Im currently using a Galaxy S 3 with Cyanogen mod. I have been using it for about a 3 months now and I have really grown attached to it. But im getting a note 3 in a few days and apparently some features of the phone aren't going to work. Well im not the biggest fan of touch wiz. Basically all i'm looking for is a rom that looks Nice and Has all the features. Any suggestions?

RnT rom.
:)

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the vorner of this rounded earth.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

In addition. ..
U r not a fan of TW, but need a full feature of note 3? Hard to get.
But all roms are good. :D

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the vorner of this rounded earth.

Stock rom + custom launcher perhaps?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
X-Note is great. Has every feature any custom ROM can build into. Not a fan of TW? Install a theme or change launchers. The SPen only works on Samsung framework, so it's got to be a TW based ROM if you want to exploit the full functionality of the phone.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
No such thing as a good ROM, they're all great. Individual preference is key. Plus thread breaks xda rules.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: antique_sonic

dirrtyswan

Jul 5, 2012
The features you will be giving up to get a CM based ROM aren't worth the gains in my opinion. The TW based debloated ROMs are great for the Note 3, and with Xposed Modules you can do almost everything you can do on AOSP ROMs (Halo etc). However that's not the case if you get an AOSP rom, there is no way to get the S-Pen features back (there are alternatives but they don't work nearly as well nor can they do as much).

As a previous user said, try the X-NOTE rom...super customizable.

Singularity_iOS

May 13, 2014
NSW
X-Note is great. Has every feature any custom ROM can build into. Not a fan of TW? Install a theme or change launchers. The SPen only works on Samsung framework, so it's got to be a TW based ROM if you want to exploit the full functionality of the phone.

I think I will give a X-Note a try when i get the phone. I just don't like the whole samsung looks, It just looks a lot nicer on cyanogen mod. So X-Note and/or theme?

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
I think I will give a X-Note a try when i get the phone. I just don't like the whole samsung looks, It just looks a lot nicer on cyanogen mod. So X-Note and/or theme?

I use the AOSP theme for X-Note.

uploadfromtaptalk1400051789046.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400051814548.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400051842478.jpg

Sent from my fingers to your face using my custom Note 3 with 0x0 KNOX!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No such thing as a good ROM, they're all great. Individual preference is key. Plus thread breaks xda rules.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app