[Q] Considering getting the phone and I have a custom recovery question

Search This thread

pie_are_squared

Feb 11, 2013
brooklyn
I am strongly considering getting the Verizon m8 today, but before I do there is one thing I need to clarify:

If I get this phone today is flashing a custom recovery/ROM possible?

I am asking this because before I got my current phone (Verizon S4) I checked on the forums and saw all the talk about custom recoveries and custom ROMs and got all excited and bought the phone. When I got the phone however I became aware that all of this was only possible up until some OTA update after which custom recoveries became impossible, and since I had a newest phone straight from verizon withg the latest updates I could not do any of those things.

So, can someone confirm that to the best of the publics knowledge all this is still possible? This will make or break my decision to get the phone.

Thanks

P.S. if there anything else that you think I should know, like stuff you wished someone told you before you got the phone, please dont hesitate to mention those things as well.

thunderbls

Sep 8, 2012
Yes this phone is able to be unlocked (soff) and load a custom recovery. There are two methods one is free Firewater and the other is $25 sunshine if the Free option fails to work for you for some reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: pie_are_squared

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes this phone is able to be unlocked (soff) and load a custom recovery. There are two methods one is free Firewater and the other is $25 sunshine if the Free option fails to work for you for some reason.