Gorilla Glass screen so is a protector necessary?

Search This thread

skarlito

Jan 4, 2011
I use Galaxy S(for over two tears now..) and p990 without protection and they don't have a single scratch.I put them almost always in my pockets without keys or anything else.When i put them in my briefcase,bag or anything a pouch style protection is enought.Need or not depends on how you treat them..

Peew

Jan 27, 2012
Lerum
Necessary or not I always equip my phones with Copter... Don't want to find out what it takes to get a scratch.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

bgdm

Oct 31, 2012
I got myself a Best Skin Ever and I use it for last few months. The installation is rather difficult and took me about 2 hours ( :) ) and i destroyed one set of Best Skin Ever when installing, but second attempt were successful :) The skin perfectly fits on curved screen, I have full body protection, and it does it job, it is just great, no single scratch on the skin, phone with skin installed fits perfectly to LG car holder, the appearance is a little changed, back of the phone is now shiny but it is ok.

I highly recommend that skin, it is cheap and they ship it really fast even to Europe

Last edited:

lopiop

Jan 15, 2012
I got myself a Best Skin Ever and I use it for last few months. The installation is rather difficult and took me about 2 hours ( :) ) and i destroyed one set of Best Skin Ever when installing, but second attempt were successful :) The skin perfectly fits on curved screen, I have full body protection, and it does it job, it is just great, no single scratch on the skin, phone with skin installed fits perfectly to LG car holder, the appearance is a little changed, back of the phone is now shiny but it is ok.

I highly recommend that skin, it is cheap and they ship it really fast even to Europe
where can you find that? couldnt find it on google?

ciarpame

Apr 21, 2011
Never used a protector on my 2X. I just pay attention not to throw the phone inside the backpack main pocket with floating keys and so on. Every protectors worsen you display, as a matter of fact. Apart bubbles, it's always an added plastic layer

Gorillaglass is strong and if you care about your phone just use a TPU case and keep it separated from potentially damaging items.

Last edited:

NoelBonel

Oct 15, 2012
Well, i guess putting a screen protector is just a precautionary measure. Either way, gorilla glass is still a glass, better protected than never. He he.:p

NoelBonel

Oct 15, 2012
Even though is a gorilla glass, it is still Can still be scratched. There is no such thing as scratch proof. Scratch resistant may be the more appropriate word for it.

miticapiria

Jan 11, 2013
I won an Optimus since April last year and I had used a full case for it for the first month, until the case broke. Now I do have a small scratch on the screen, but considered that it fell many times to the ground, it can take the punishment quite well.

Keczanm

Dec 12, 2012
Budaörs
Im using silicon case and screen progector. And yeah, my phone is still looks BRAND NEW after two years. Wouldnt say it iwas even turned on at once.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Durable, yes, scratch proof, no. Even people that are gentle get scratches once in a while. If one grain of sand gets in your pocket with the phone you could end up with scratches. Do yourself a favor and get a good quality protector that you will never notice once its on. I use Steinheil protectors.

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk
    You've got that completely backwards!

Sand/grit etc. is harder than the screen, that's why it can scratch it. Metal (keys etc) is softer (softer than non-Gorilla Glass even) so doesn't do anything. Makes for good YouTube videos though.
    Last time I listen to you guys.. few days without and I got a nice scratch.

Always use a protector and most importantly ignore the heros who talk up gorilla glass

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk 2
    Gorilla works fine against metal, but sand scratches it easily. That's why I use screen protector.
    Gorilla Glass is tough, but it's not the indestructible thing a lot of people think it is. I still have the factory protector in place.