Successfully Rooted Ubislate 7ci and installed ClockWorkMod

Search This thread

srinivask82

Apr 16, 2011
ROOTING your Ubislate 7ci

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. You could brick your tablet and of course your guarantee will be void

I found this awesome guide in http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=517426, updated by baudi, I followed the steps to install the adb driver in my laptop and my Ubislate showed up in adb prompt

If windows cannot install driver automatically, choose the option to select it from a directory and point it to the Android SDK.

I did not use the unlockroot.com option though, I used the attached file, with instructions from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1929822

It worked for me and I have a rooted Ubislate 7ci. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. You could brick your tablet and of course your guarantee will be void

Attachments

• DooMLoRD_v1_Xperia-2011-ICS-ROOT-emu-busybox-su.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,627
  • How_did_I_root_my_Full_AOSP_Rk29sdk_Android_4.0.3-7inch-Tablet.pdf
    349.8 KB · Views: 2,996
Last edited:
Reactions: murti52

srinivask82

Apr 16, 2011
ClockWorkMod recovery working

I have used the attached file to install ClockWorkMod recovery. As always, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. You could brick your tablet.

This is not custom written for Ubisate 7ci. This is CWM recovery provided for A13 tablets, which works in Ubislate, since the kernel is similar / same. PLEASE NOTE, since Ubisate 7ci does not have a hardware back button, we cannot use it effectively.

VOL INCREASE - UP
VOL DECREASE - DOWN
POWER - SELECT

After performing the required action, for example backup, press VOL DECREASE and POWER at the same time to shutdown the tablet.

Attachments

• CWM_Recovery_Manta_MID08_windows_install.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 3,204

shubhdeep99

Apr 13, 2011
Panipat(Haryana)
Can you tell me the kernel version and other hardware of your device , i have 7c+ and looking for working CWM recovery so if same will work for me that would be great. Otherwise if you have any recovery detail about 7C+ then please share... I dont even know how to boot into recovery

utsav17

Jan 8, 2013
amritsar
I have used the attached file to install ClockWorkMod recovery. As always, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. You could brick your tablet.

This is not custom written for Ubisate 7ci. This is CWM recovery provided for A13 tablets, which works in Ubislate, since the kernel is similar / same. PLEASE NOTE, since Ubisate 7ci does not have a hardware back button, we cannot use it effectively.

VOL INCREASE - UP
VOL DECREASE - DOWN
POWER - SELECT

After performing the required action, for example backup, press VOL DECREASE and POWER at the same time to shutdown the tablet.

will it work on 7c+ ?

utsav17

Jan 8, 2013
amritsar

VOL INCREASE - UP
VOL DECREASE - DOWN
POWER - SELECT

will this work on ubislate 7c+ ?"

shubhdeep99

Apr 13, 2011
Panipat(Haryana)
Can you please post links? I searched a lot but couldn't find even a single one.

Thanks in advance...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

I got Ubislate 7+ and 7C+ confused. Sorry about that :confused:

Ubislate 7C+ shares the same specs as 7Ci other than the GPRS module, so this root should work, in theory. As always, use it at your discretion :D

Guys If you dont mind can you please install SuperSu or Root Checker App from Play Store And check your Tab is already rooted... because i got 2 7C+ and both are rooted and overclocked...
Please check and confirm...

srinivask82

Apr 16, 2011
Guys If you dont mind can you please install SuperSu or Root Checker App from Play Store And check your Tab is already rooted... because i got 2 7C+ and both are rooted and overclocked...

That is a great tip. I heard few other generic Chinese devices coming as unlocked. Thanks for the info.

From your signature it seems that you are a pro, can you please start working on Jellybean for Ubislate 7C*?

shubhdeep99

Apr 13, 2011
Panipat(Haryana)
That is a great tip. I heard few other generic Chinese devices coming as unlocked. Thanks for the info.

From your signature it seems that you are a pro, can you please start working on Jellybean for Ubislate 7C*?

We can start bro but we dont have any backup for recover from bootloop and also over Boot loader is locked so we can not use CWM recovery... But we still can do maythings if Datawind provide us Firmware(Rom) of Ubislate 7C+ and also flashing tool of same firmware for backup for our device. As i heard somewhere that our device is based on allwinner (a chines mobile maker co.) and its chipset never bricked so we can do lots of thing if they support us...
So just push datawind to give us firmware of our tab ... just contact them by phone, mail and ask for this...

Edit:- Have you checked your tab is rooted or not?

srinivask82

Apr 16, 2011
We can start bro but we dont have any backup for recover from bootloop and also over Boot loader is locked so we can not use CWM recovery... But we still can do maythings if Datawind provide us Firmware(Rom) of Ubislate 7C+ and also flashing tool of same firmware for backup for our device. As i heard somewhere that our device is based on allwinner (a chines mobile maker co.) and its chipset never bricked so we can do lots of thing if they support us...
So just push datawind to give us firmware of our tab ... just contact them by phone, mail and ask for this...

I rooted my tab using the process which I have written above, so no way to know whether it was rooted before. Also, I have installed CWM recovery in my 7Ci, It worked with one major flaw, Cannot go back in menu (since the CWM designed was not for this tab and 7Ci does not have a physical back button). I used this CWM to take a backup and Since it cannot comeout, I kept on pressing Vol down and power key till my tab shutdown.

FY - I should have stopped here, but went too far and installed CWM touch and screwed my TAB, now it is in bootloop. I have even tried draining the battery, still no luck.

Cyber-Logic

Jan 12, 2013
Motorola Droid 4
Xiaomi Poco F1
I rooted my tab using the process which I have written above, so no way to know whether it was rooted before. Also, I have installed CWM recovery in my 7Ci, It worked with one major flaw, Cannot go back in menu (since the CWM designed was not for this tab and 7Ci does not have a physical back button). I used this CWM to take a backup and Since it cannot comeout, I kept on pressing Vol down and power key till my tab shutdown.

FY - I should have stopped here, but went too far and installed CWM touch and screwed my TAB, now it is in bootloop. I have even tried draining the battery, still no luck.

Thanks for sharing.. sucks that you're stuck in a boot loop though. :-/

I have CWM working on my Ubislate 7C+ as of now.

Reactions: patilsb

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
India
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Hi shubhdeep99,

What all things one needs to start working on JB for Ubislate 7C+? Now as CWM recovery is working with this tab can you please start working on it? Let us know if you need any help regarding this.

Thanks!
Nitin

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

Installed SuperSu and it says that the tablet is rooted. :D You were right this tab is pre-rooted...

srinivask82

Apr 16, 2011
Multiple users reported success

I soft bricked my Ubislate 7Ci by installing incompatible recovery, got it fixed thru datawind tech support (They fixed and sent it in few days :victory:)

I rooted again using this procedure and it worked again. I have tested twice :good:

Last edited:

ahirwar

VOL INCREASE - UP
VOL DECREASE - DOWN
POWER - SELECT

I have installed this recovery it works but there is no key combination to go recovery mode when tab is off.
We can go when tab is on.
Second thing we can't use backup if tab is not booted, we can use backup via cwm recovery only.
Right?

srinivask82

Apr 16, 2011
CWM Recovery

I have installed this recovery it works but there is no key combination to go recovery mode when tab is off.
We can go when tab is on.
Second thing we can't use backup if tab is not booted, we can use backup via cwm recovery only.
Right?

You can press the VOL UP button (keep on pressing) and press the power button. Keep on pressing both buttons till you enter recovery. If the CWM installation is not proper you will get the default recovery which is not working well in Ubislate.

The only thing which is not possible in CWM in 7Ci is going back thru the menu. I always long press the power button to shut the tablet down after I finish my work in CWM and turn the table ON in the usual way. It always works for me.

PS: Taking a backup should be the first thing you do, It had saved me quite a few times.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

VOL INCREASE - UP
    VOL DECREASE - DOWN
    POWER - SELECT

ROOTING your Ubislate 7ci

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. You could brick your tablet and of course your guarantee will be void

I found this awesome guide in http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=517426, updated by baudi, I followed the steps to install the adb driver in my laptop and my Ubislate showed up in adb prompt

If windows cannot install driver automatically, choose the option to select it from a directory and point it to the Android SDK.

I did not use the unlockroot.com option though, I used the attached file, with instructions from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1929822

It worked for me and I have a rooted Ubislate 7ci. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. You could brick your tablet and of course your guarantee will be void
    Anybody? Will this work for Ubislate 7C+?:confused:

There are lot of threads to root 7C+ (Gingerbread). I am not sure this will work, this is tested only in ICS.

Thanks for sharing.. sucks that you're stuck in a boot loop though. :-/

I have CWM working on my Ubislate 7C+ as of now.