Sprint Moto X Bootloader

Search This thread

reds28heem

Jul 27, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
I'm trying to unlock my boot loader on my sprint moto x but it keeps telling me it can't be unlocked. Now I contacted Motorola and they said it can't be bootloader unlocked because my phone is not activated... I'm using the replacement phone they sent me. I sim-Unlocked it and am now using straight talk att Sim. But I want to root my phone.

Last edited:

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
I'm trying to unlock my boot loader on my sprint moto x but it keeps telling me it can't be unlocked. Now I contacted Motorola and they said it can't be bootloader unlocked because my phone is not activated... I'm using the replacement phone they sent me. I sim-Unlocked it and am now using straight talk att Sim. But I want to root my phone.

Did you unlock your previous phone? AFAIK, the phone doesn't need to be activated in order to unlock it - I wouldn't trust the Moto support people - they know less than most of us do.

You must follow the procedure exactly to get your unlock code. Confirm that you have taken the unlock data, pasted it into notepad, removed ALL spaces and [bootloader] messages, and made it into one single, contiguous string of characters. Then copy and paste this string into the Moto Unlock website.

Sometimes the website can be glitchy - others have reported success using a different browser, or trying again at a later time. If you are doing it correctly, it should work.

Reactions: reds28heem

reds28heem

Jul 27, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
Did you unlock your previous phone? AFAIK, the phone doesn't need to be activated in order to unlock it - I wouldn't trust the Moto support people - they know less than most of us do.

You must follow the procedure exactly to get your unlock code. Confirm that you have taken the unlock data, pasted it into notepad, removed ALL spaces and [bootloader] messages, and made it into one single, contiguous string of characters. Then copy and paste this string into the Moto Unlock website.

Sometimes the website can be glitchy - others have reported success using a different browser, or trying again at a later time. If you are doing it correctly, it should work.
I did successfully unlock the bootloader on the previous moto x I had before they sent me a new one. That one was activated on sprint. And I took the same steps I did when I did my first moto x and I keep getting the error. I never activated it back on sprint because I'm not using it for sprint. And the only reason it was activated before on sprint was I brought it off craigslist. It was pointless for me to activate it on sprint if I'm not gone use it on sprint.

Another thing, how do I get rid of the activation screen that comes up when I turn the phone on.

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
I did successfully unlock the bootloader on the previous moto x I had before they sent me a new one. That one was activated on sprint. And I took the same steps I did when I did my first moto x and I keep getting the error. I never activated it back on sprint because I'm not using it for sprint. And the only reason it was activated before on sprint was I brought it off craigslist. It was pointless for me to activate it on sprint if I'm not gone use it on sprint.

Another thing, how do I get rid of the activation screen that comes up when I turn the phone on.

All I can suggest is try again. Other users have unlocked phones that were never activated...heck - GSM phones don't even 'get activated'.

Hopefully your phone wasn't stolen or something...that would prevent you from getting an unlock code. But if that were the case, your IMEI should be blacklisted and you shouldn't be able to use it at all...

As far as the activation prompt, you MUST be unlocked in order to get rid of it. Then, use this custom SBF provided by ezeuba that bypasses activation. http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/rooted-sprint-moto-x-sbf-t2834891

If nothing else you can wait and hope that Dan releases a tool to exploit his BL-unlock vulnerability he has discovered. There is no time-frame as to when it might be released, though. At least you can use the phone now, even the way it is...

Reactions: reds28heem

reds28heem

Jul 27, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
All I can suggest is try again. Other users have unlocked phones that were never activated...heck - GSM phones don't even 'get activated'.

Hopefully your phone wasn't stolen or something...that would prevent you from getting an unlock code. But if that were the case, your IMEI should be blacklisted and you shouldn't be able to use it at all...

As far as the activation prompt, you MUST be unlocked in order to get rid of it. Then, use this custom SBF provided by ezeuba that bypasses activation. http://xdaforums.com/moto-x/general/rooted-sprint-moto-x-sbf-t2834891

If nothing else you can wait and hope that Dan releases a tool to exploit his BL-unlock vulnerability he has discovered. There is no time-frame as to when it might be released, though. At least you can use the phone now, even the way it is...
OK. Thanks. I'll keep trying then.

D

Darth

Yup, I had to keep trying till next day... Then it finally worked. ?

ezeuba

Account currently disabled
Sep 15, 2009
Usa
meettomy.site
Has Motorola stopped unlocking the Sprint MOTO X bootloader? I've been trying to unlock 2 XT1056 phones and it says "Your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking". What gives? I'm getting confused here because I've unlocked one from the site before and it went OK. Please any help, anyone?

samwathegreat

Apr 17, 2010
Has Motorola stopped unlocking the Sprint MOTO X bootloader? I've been trying to unlock 2 XT1056 phones and it says "Your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking". What gives? I'm getting confused here because I've unlocked one from the site before and it went OK. Please any help, anyone?

The site can be glitchy. Keep trying (maybe tomorrow) or try a different browser. Confirm that you have entered the unlock data exactly as instructed. They have not stopped offering unlock codes for the XT1056 - they just have a less-than-perfect unlock website.

ezeuba

Account currently disabled
Sep 15, 2009
Usa
meettomy.site
The site can be glitchy. Keep trying (maybe tomorrow) or try a different browser. Confirm that you have entered the unlock data exactly as instructed. They have not stopped offering unlock codes for the XT1056 - they just have a less-than-perfect unlock website.

For a moment there I was afraid the China middleman had ripped off all the unlock codes from the website...:laugh:

Finally unlocked. The website truly is glitchy...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.