[Q] Restoring phone to stock

Search This thread

TheOnlyIntruder

Jan 13, 2009
Sony Xperia XZ1
Sony Xperia 1 II
Hi everyone, wonder if you can point me in the right direction.

I'm currently on a custom rom with an unlocked bootloader and I wish to go back to stock including locking the bootloader, from what I've found out so far this is what I need to do: -

Flash original ftf
root
flash TA
reflash ftf to lose root
Now back to stock with "Bootloader Unlock Allowed: Yes"

Trouble is I can't find how to go about restoring the TA partition from my TA image so if anyone can explain what software I need and the steps I have to take I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks.

TheOnlyIntruder

Jan 13, 2009
Sony Xperia XZ1
Sony Xperia 1 II
Last edited:

silvisaquilo

Aug 24, 2014
Cheers

I didn't know that you see as I used the Doomlord root exploit before the other methods were available, thanks again.

Edit: Thanks again, I'm now back to stock with the service page reporting "Bootloader Unlock Allowed: Yes"

Sorry for high-jacking this thread, it however loosely fits my problem.

When I got the Z2 I was, in all honesty quite quick with rooting and swapping the stock Sony ROM with Cyanogen. So quick in fact that I didn't bother for two seconds to actually perform a backup of the system beforehand.

So my question is this - is it possible (given the fact that DRM and such will be lost for all eternity) to revert to stock rom without the backup?
If so... How really? (couldn't find anyhone so stupid on here to do the same rookie misstake as I did so no answers was found while scouring through the forums...)

Thanks in advance, and yet again, sorry for high-jacking the thread.

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Sorry for high-jacking this thread, it however loosely fits my problem.

When I got the Z2 I was, in all honesty quite quick with rooting and swapping the stock Sony ROM with Cyanogen. So quick in fact that I didn't bother for two seconds to actually perform a backup of the system beforehand.

So my question is this - is it possible (given the fact that DRM and such will be lost for all eternity) to revert to stock rom without the backup?
If so... How really? (couldn't find anyhone so stupid on here to do the same rookie misstake as I did so no answers was found while scouring through the forums...)

Thanks in advance, and yet again, sorry for high-jacking the thread.

you can revert to stock using flashtool and a ftf of your choice, also you can use flashtool to relock your bootloader
your drm keys wont come back

flashtool.net <flashtool im talking about

silvisaquilo

Aug 24, 2014
you can revert to stock using flashtool and a ftf of your choice, also you can use flashtool to relock your bootloader
your drm keys wont come back

flashtool.net <flashtool im talking about

Thank you for a quick reply - forgot to add a question, what happens to the phone WITHOUT the DRM keys? What will I not be able to do - that i presently can with cyanogen or non-f***ed-up-stock-ROM?

Thanks!

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Thank you for a quick reply - forgot to add a question, what happens to the phone WITHOUT the DRM keys? What will I not be able to do - that i presently can with cyanogen or non-f***ed-up-stock-ROM?

Thanks!

nothing is affected by your drm keys weather they exist or not in 4.4.2/4.4.4 xperias they are simply used to check if you have modified your device ie. bootloader unlock (relocking doesnt restore your drm keys)

silvisaquilo

Aug 24, 2014
nothing is affected by your drm keys weather they exist or not in 4.4.2/4.4.4 xperias they are simply used to check if you have modified your device ie. bootloader unlock (relocking doesnt restore your drm keys)

Ah, thank you!

Well as I already figured that I messed up any warranty, that's no issue for me, so really thank you. I was hoping that I could restore to original stock rom to be able to properly use the camera and noise-canceling headphones. Seems like it then. :good:

Yet again, thank you!

Envious_Data

Oct 12, 2012
Imagination
enviousmedia.design
Ah, thank you!

Well as I already figured that I messed up any warranty, that's no issue for me, so really thank you. I was hoping that I could restore to original stock rom to be able to properly use the camera and noise-canceling headphones. Seems like it then. :good:

Yet again, thank you!

X-Reality and Noise canceling not working is a bug in certain firmwares the camera not working is a myth

Top Liked Posts