Ok, I need an experienced help. Persistent Status 7

Search This thread

kentreed

Apr 1, 2014
Ive tried looking into multiple methods with no prevail. Every time I try to flash a new ROM on my Sprint Galaxy Nexus I receive:

"set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E: Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(status 7)"

I have been trying to flash SlimRom but when that didn't work I also tried flashing many different roms including the most recent update of ParanoidAndroid which is what I use now. Currently the ONLY thing I can flash is my current Paranoid Android 3.6 and it's PAGaps.

It is to my understanding that status 7 is usually caused by "asserts"? However when I tried to manually remove the asserts I saw that none were in the zips programming. Also I tried messing with my TWRP settings but nothing seems to work. Im tired of youtube programming wannabes I need pro help :crying:

P.S. when I plug my phone in my computer while in fastboot I get "Fastboot Command Read Error -2147483647" didnt know if this was a related issue.

itcave

Jun 20, 2014
Ive tried looking into multiple methods with no prevail. Every time I try to flash a new ROM on my Sprint Galaxy Nexus I receive:

(status 7)"

I am getting the same exact error. does anyone know how to solve?

KingWickedd

Sep 19, 2011
Hyderabad

(status 7)"

I have been trying to flash SlimRom but when that didn't work I also tried flashing many different roms including the most recent update of ParanoidAndroid which is what I use now. Currently the ONLY thing I can flash is my current Paranoid Android 3.6 and it's PAGaps.

It is to my understanding that status 7 is usually caused by "asserts"? However when I tried to manually remove the asserts I saw that none were in the zips programming. Also I tried messing with my TWRP settings but nothing seems to work. Im tired of youtube programming wannabes I need pro help :crying:

P.S. when I plug my phone in my computer while in fastboot I get "Fastboot Command Read Error -2147483647" didnt know if this was a related issue.

I had a similar error.
Try to unmount cache partition from twrp recovery and then reboot the recovery
and then flash the rom.
It worked for me and might work for you guys as well.

And if this doesn't work then try to download the rom's zip file directly in your phone and then try to flash it, One xda member had similar problem and perhaps this download method fixed the issue. all the best :good: