CyanogenMod 7 for the HTC Desire HD :: V7.1.0-RC1 (26 June 2011)

Search This thread

attn1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2010
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a release candidate, but you will find it stable for everyday use.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Desire HD, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery (version 3.x or higher is required). Instructions are available for the HTC Desire HD, here & the AT&T inspire 4G, here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full ourput.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-DesireHD
Download: link
Mirror: link
MD5sum: 739396445b2583e9c5205edf91332f24
The 26.04.02.17 or newer radio is highly recommended due to severe battery drain. And the AT&T Inspire 4G requires the 26.06.04.06 or newer radio to have full functionality.
Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-gb-20110613
The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

baltazar.nilsson

Apr 11, 2011
Sala
Yeah, real nice.. Trying it today..
Quick question, does the custom aosp kernels work on this one to??

Cheers guys..

Sent from the middle of nowhere on my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
Yeah, real nice.. Trying it today..
Quick question, does the custom aosp kernels work on this one to??

Cheers guys..

Sent from the middle of nowhere on my Desire HD using XDA Premium App

Considering it won't be that different from the last couple of nightlys lordmod kernel 4.5.1 should work a treat.

I'm about to find out in 5 mins when my nandroid has finished at any rate. Will report back.

maxexcloo

Jan 25, 2011
Awesome work guys!
Any idea if the battery life is back to how it was in 7.0.3 and if sound volume is better again?

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
Should be ok but my personal preference is to wipe at each milestone release such as an rc our full version release.

---
Sent by my Cyanogenmod 7 phone.

peste76

Mar 25, 2009
Somewhere near Munich
Should be ok but my personal preference is to wipe at each milestone release such as an rc our full version release.

---
Sent by my Cyanogenmod 7 phone.

Normally i would agree, but the Nightlys are also 7.1 and 2.3.4 - so what could really be ?

i should have read this:

2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).

Fritzman

Jul 22, 2010
Berlin, Germany
Hello guys, it´s the best ROM for me of Android...i love it...a gift for your team is folowing...

i use it with:

- SPB shell 3D

- Honeycomb-Theme

...it´s a dream...

Questions:

- the kernel of LordMod 4.5.1 should be in there...is it so?
- is the sound volume loader now?

many greets

Last edited:

vickyclewis

Apr 9, 2011
Bangalore
Nice work. Will flash later today. Currently using the Froyo ROM from coredroid cause I'm fedup of Battery Drains. Hope this Rom helps to save Battery Drains.

Sent from my House using Desire HD.

LorD ClockaN

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Veli Losinj
www.losinj.com
Hello guys, it´s the best ROM for me of Android...i love it...a gift for your team is folowing...

i use it with:

- SPB shell 3D

- Honeycomb-Theme

...it´s a dream...

Questions:

many greets

no, lordmod isn't included in official build

Reactions: Fritzman

nteeb

Jun 29, 2010
Kaposvar
Can somebody tell me is it worth to change to RC1 from Nightlies?Is it any reason at all?What is the difference of them:not in theoretically-I know this is a semi-stable,Nightlies are "only" experimental- but in fact:are there any major differencies between Nightly #112 and RC1?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a release candidate, but you will find it stable for everyday use.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Desire HD, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery (version 3.x or higher is required). Instructions are available for the HTC Desire HD, here & the AT&T inspire 4G, here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full ourput.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-DesireHD
    Download: link
    MD5sum: 739396445b2583e9c5205edf91332f24
    The 26.04.02.17 or newer radio is highly recommended due to severe battery drain. And the AT&T Inspire 4G requires the 26.06.04.06 or newer radio to have full functionality.
    Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110613
    The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Do I have to flash RIL for the radio 26.09.04.11_M2 or is it built in the rom itself?

The built-in RIL (from #108) is
    HTC-RIL 2.2.0018G (Mar 24, 2011, 20:20:09)
    This RIL matches radio:
    Radio_12.54.60.25_26.09.04.11_M2
    Finaly stable for the guys who are afraid of nightlies

Sent from Desire HD with CyanogenLordMod!!!

i use it with:

- SPB shell 3D

- Honeycomb-Theme

...it´s a dream...

Questions:

many greets

no, lordmod isn't included in official build