No Rubber seal found in my watch!!

Search This thread

fibroman

Feb 21, 2010
I finally was able to open my Truesmart today after receiving a quality set of screwdrivers ---- But when I got the case opened, there was no rubber seal in there that everybody else has. I removed the battery and added a 16gb micro card. I then put back the battery and closed up the case with the screws. It seemed to fit back just fine and it looks tight, but without that rubber square, I cant let this thing get anywhere near water.
I dread trying to communicate with omate to try and get the rubber seal, but I don't know of any other options.

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
I really can't believe this is happening...
Every other post or thread is about something that's missing or it's not connected...

What's happening....?!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

funky0308

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 27, 2012
Osijek
@funky0308

10 or less people having to deal with tens of thousands of orders (according to sources) and hand assembling every one.

Sorry Loki but that just sounds worse...
I know that and I just can't believe someone let that happened...

They could hired some students to help them but....O.K, won't start another thread with complainings... ;)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

sm753

May 1, 2008
Dallas
The seal may be there, you just don't see it. Not trying to insult anyone here.

Long story short, I think I FUBAR'ed my SIM card slot because I had to use a nano->microSIM adaptor, when I was removing my sim card, half way out, something "snagged" the adapter, I couldn't get my SIM out so I pulled/forced it out. When I tried reinserting the SIM card, the "spring" doesn't work and my card was stuck inside...furthermore, no SIM detected so there goes that idea.

I removed the back panel and battery to get to the SIM card slot from the inside. Following Kurt's maintenance video, I removed the 2 additional screws inside to remove the "interior" cover. ONLY then did I notice the thin rubber seal around the edges.

TL;DR - maybe it's just me but I didn't notice the thin rubber seal until I further disassembled the TS.

fibroman

Feb 21, 2010
The seal may be there, you just don't see it. Not trying to insult anyone here.

Long story short, I think I FUBAR'ed my SIM card slot because I had to use a nano->microSIM adaptor, when I was removing my sim card, half way out, something "snagged" the adapter, I couldn't get my SIM out so I pulled/forced it out. When I tried reinserting the SIM card, the "spring" doesn't work and my card was stuck inside...furthermore, no SIM detected so there goes that idea.

I removed the back panel and battery to get to the SIM card slot from the inside. Following Kurt's maintenance video, I removed the 2 additional screws inside to remove the "interior" cover. ONLY then did I notice the thin rubber seal around the edges.

TL;DR - maybe it's just me but I didn't notice the thin rubber seal until I further disassembled the TS.

I just looked at the "Hardware maintenance on the Omate TrueSmart" youtube video again that Kurt made, and at the 2:37 mark you will see that He just opened up the first four screws of the back case and took out the square rubber ring seal from the back cover. This was before he removed the 2 additional screws to get to the interior cover. This is what I am missing on my truesmart unit.

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
@fibroman

You have to be aware that there are at least three different case designs. Attached images show the area were the gasket sits on two of them as well as the gaskets side by side.

One (much older design) has a wide thick gasket. The other (newer design) has a thin narrow gasket that sits recessed in a groove.

Last edited:

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
Interesting. The 1/8/1900 I examined has the thicker gasket with the holes for the screws to go through and alignment nipples that fit into the main body. No groove.

The other, thinner, gasket looks inferior and the way the casing has been grooved is what you were saying earlier was an example of poor design ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk