[Q] Any recovery.img for Canvas Juice A177

Search This thread
S

Siddhant Naik

Can anyone here help me in getting a custom recovery for my phone Micromax Canvas Juice A177. I have recently brought it and is very good. I have rooted it and also swapped storages. Now I just want a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP so that try the tricks given here on XDA, without fear of bricking!:D:cowboy:

S

Siddhant Naik

Swap storages in Android

Bro can u share how u swapped the storage?

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk 2

How to swap Android partitions

Many times android users face the problem of low phone memory. It is often required to download large games via Play Store. But unfortunately because of low space, they do not get to do so. In that case, swapping of the SD card with an external SD card will work.

Requirements:
1] A fully-rooted android device.
2] Root Browser.

Here are the steps:
1] First of all keep in mind that this will work only if the phone is rooted. So if you are not, got ahed and search google on how to root your device.
2] Install and open Root Browser. Go to system/etc and find the file 'vold.fstab'. Make a backup of that file and save it there only( for restoring it if anything goes wrong ).
3] Open that file as a text file in RB text editor.
4] Find these lines: (the may vary from device to device)

dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard0 emmc@fat /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.0 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.0/mmc_host
dev_mount sdcard2 /storage/sdcard1 auto /devices/platform/goldfish_mmc.1 /devices/platform/mtk-msdc.1/mmc_host

5] Replace sdcard0 with sdcard1.
6] Do the same with next line. Replace sdcard1 with sdcard0.
7] Save the file and reboot.

Notes:
I have tested this on my Micromax Canvas Juice, Xperia L and Samsung Galaxy S2, S duos2.

I don't think that there will be a fear of bricking the device because it is not releated very close to the system setting that need on boot. Try this you will be safe, but if you are not sure don't do that.

neil.richard

Jul 28, 2011
Lyon
can i do the swapping even though i have few apps n games installed on the phone?..
or should I factory reset it n then do all stuff?..secondly,After swapping set the storage to -->Interna (instead of External Sd) right?

S

Siddhant Naik

No Need of reset

can i do the swapping even though i have few apps n games installed on the phone?..
or should I factory reset it n then do all stuff?..secondly,After swapping set the storage to -->Interna (instead of External Sd) right?

Hey bro, there is no need of resetting. And yes set it to internal storage!