[ROM][WWE][2010-NOV-25][SENSE 2.1/2.5/NO-SENSE] The Captain's Special (23149/21914)

Search This thread

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
RELEASE:

21889 Fuze Build - No Manila

Here's the custom ROM I promised:

2010-01-21_Cap_Special_NO_MANILA_21889_FUZE.rar

I think I included almost everything I include in the other ROMs, just no version of Sense. On first boot, usage was at 32%, according to HTC Task Manager (and that's after Connection Setup ran). It's probably even lower on second boot.

Enjoy!

P.S. Let me know if calls show up correctly when the phone is locked. I neglected to include the HTC Lockscreen (and frankly, I don't even know if it'll integrate w/the old ATT S2A Dialer), but I can try that if there's a conflict.
Looks like the LockscreenAppLauncher is necessary. Also needed is a fix for the scrolling (or lack thereof) in the Dialer (which is inconsistent at best). I'm attaching the fixes here:

LockScreenAppLauncher_1_0_1918_3724.cab - HTC Lockscreen - works correctly with the stock ATT Dialer - otherwise there's a big delay before the Slide-to-Answer shows up.

S2A Dialer Fix - This fixes the blurry scrolling in the Dialer. Sometimes it doesn't scroll right, but it's better than it is without it :rolleyes:.

P.S. There's also a couple of blank menu options in the Dialer, one of which brings up an error message. But I don't think they're important, and they don't affect the functioning of the Dialer. I guess that's what happens when you use an old dialer on a new ROM . . .

Attachments

• S2A_Dialer_Fix.cab
    941.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

knitron

Apr 8, 2009
Still no luck

Hm. Try installing this instead: ww.mediafire.com/?ommgm3gz13z (thanks to tboy2000 for the upload). It may not be the actual framework that's the issue; it may be this particular component that's missing. See if that will install, and hopefully, if it does, it'll solve your problem.

Unfortunately I didn't work. It may be a framework issue cause I have found a few other posts with the same type/looking error but to do with different programs and they seemed to have fixed my changing frameworks, most of them upgraded though. It uses WM Conduit to load and update the software onto the phone so I have to use activesync.

Unfortunately I am really new to all of this and just am exciting I flashed my ROM with out bricking my phone. Any other ideas? I really appreciate the help and the upgraded ROM the other on was too dang slow and kept locking up. Thanks again for the help.

hlm818

Mar 25, 2009
Wisconsin
Only the 21889 ROMs have the HTC Task Manager. In the 23518 versions, it would be essentially useless.

@hlm818
RELEASE:

21889 Fuze Build - No Manila

Here's the custom ROM I promised:

2010-01-21_Cap_Special_NO_MANILA_21889_FUZE.rar

I think I included almost everything I include in the other ROMs, just no version of Sense. On first boot, usage was at 32%, according to HTC Task Manager (and that's after Connection Setup ran). It's probably even lower on second boot.

Enjoy!

P.S. Let me know if calls show up correctly when the phone is locked. I neglected to include the HTC Lockscreen (and frankly, I don't even know if it'll integrate w/the old ATT S2A Dialer), but I can try that if there's a conflict.

Looks like the LockscreenAppLauncher is necessary. Also needed is a fix for the scrolling (or lack thereof) in the Dialer (which is inconsistent at best). I'm attaching the fixes here:

LockScreenAppLauncher_1_0_1918_3724.cab - HTC Lockscreen - works correctly with the stock ATT Dialer - otherwise there's a big delay before the Slide-to-Answer shows up.

S2A Dialer Fix - This fixes the blurry scrolling in the Dialer. Sometimes it doesn't scroll right, but it's better than it is without it :rolleyes:.

P.S. There's also a couple of blank menu options in the Dialer, one of which brings up an error message. But I don't think they're important, and they don't affect the functioning of the Dialer. I guess that's what happens when you use an old dialer on a new ROM . . .

Downloading now and will flash and test today. You are AWESOME!!:D If I have a problem with the dialer/lock screen with the fixes, could I install the dialer you cook in to the manila versions over it?

Also, is this version UC capable? Obviously I won't use it the first time I flash so I can makes sure things work, but for future reference.

hlm818

Mar 25, 2009
Wisconsin
Still testing, but one thing. I don't think this dialer is going to work. It has that stupid bug that we all had when 6.5 originally came out: the overlapping when scrolling through call history. Attached a screen shot.

Another question: Are there settings somewhere for HTC volume control? I like to have the default tab system so I leave the ringer alone when I adjust the volume?

Side notes: there are 2 task managers is settings-system (I can delete one from the start menu, but I don't think I can uninstall)
Accessories folder is an outlook icon (no big deal, I change my icons any ways)
Kind of weird, but my battery/plugged in icon keeps disappearing

EDIT: S2A fix cab does not work. Says "it does not have sufficient system permissions." Do I need to kill something before install?

I do want to say, this is SUPER fast, opens \windows in less than 15 sec! Everything is looking great. I greatly appreciate all of the work you put in to make me a ROM :)

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Unfortunately I didn't work. It may be a framework issue cause I have found a few other posts with the same type/looking error but to do with different programs and they seemed to have fixed my changing frameworks, most of them upgraded though. It uses WM Conduit to load and update the software onto the phone so I have to use activesync.

Unfortunately I am really new to all of this and just am exciting I flashed my ROM with out bricking my phone. Any other ideas? I really appreciate the help and the upgraded ROM the other on was too dang slow and kept locking up. Thanks again for the help.
Which ROM are you using? I can cook you one without the .NETCF 3.5 included in the SYS, and have the .NETCF 3.5 CAB install during customization. That should get you up & running. Let me know, and I'll cook it for you.

Downloading now and will flash and test today. You are AWESOME!!:D If I have a problem with the dialer/lock screen with the fixes, could I install the dialer you cook in to the manila versions over it?
I don't see why not, though you'll need to follow the same instructions I posted below to install a different dialer. Though I tested the fixes, and they work fine.

Also, is this version UC capable? Obviously I won't use it the first time I flash so I can makes sure things work, but for future reference.
Of course. I haven't really changed anything besides the Dialer & not including Manila.

Still testing, but one thing. I don't think this dialer is going to work. It has that stupid bug that we all had when 6.5 originally came out: the overlapping when scrolling through call history. Attached a screen shot.
That's what the Dialer fix CAB fixes. See my response below on your question about installing it.

Another question: Are there settings somewhere for HTC volume control? I like to have the default tab system so I leave the ringer alone when I adjust the volume?
The Settings for HTC Volume Control are in Manila, of course. To change the default page, see my post here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5086961&postcount=205

Side notes: there are 2 task managers is settings-system (I can delete one from the start menu, but I don't think I can uninstall)
Accessories folder is an outlook icon (no big deal, I change my icons any ways)
One is the M$ one, and the other is the HTC one. The M$ one comes with the SYS, so it's going to be there. If you really hate it being there, the shortcut can be deleted. I figured it didn't really hurt anything being there.

Yes, the Accessories icon is an Outlook icon. That's a folder icon from the Leo. All of my other ROMs are like that too.

EDIT: S2A fix cab does not work. Says "it does not have sufficient system permissions." Do I need to kill something before install?
You have to kill cprog.exe prior to installing the CAB (as that's one of the things it replaces). Putting the phone into airplane mode couldn't hurt either.

I do want to say, this is SUPER fast, opens \windows in less than 15 sec! Everything is looking great. I greatly appreciate all of the work you put in to make me a ROM :)
No problem. If you have any other issues, let me know :)

Last edited:

hlm818

Mar 25, 2009
Wisconsin
Kind of weird, but my battery/plugged in icon keeps disappearing. I think it is happening when I am not on the home screen. This is not a big deal. I'll make sure it is staying there when on home screen

No biggie on the task manager, I'll just delete the shortcut.

Also, I have PIM Backup and Send Receive All as .exe. Where do I put them to create an shortcut in the start menu?

Quick GPS keeps opening and cannot update because "cradle not found." Never seen that before so not sure what to do about it

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Kind of weird, but my battery/plugged in icon keeps disappearing. I think it is happening when I am not on the home screen. This is not a big deal. I'll make sure it is staying there when on home screen
The top bar icons are actually linked to the dialer, somehow. Not really sure how, exactly, but I noticed that when I'm paired w/Stereo BT & headset, both icons show up now instead of just the one. Using older stuff breeds this kind of unpredictability, unfortunately.

EDIT: Actually, I think I know what's causing this. If you uninstall my custom battery icons, I bet it works fine. I forgot to take phcanoverbmp.dll out of the Phone Canvas package before cooking.

No biggie on the task manager, I'll just delete the shortcut.
Ok, cool.

Also, I have PIM Backup and Send Receive All as .exe. Where do I put them to create an shortcut in the start menu?
It doesn't matter where you put them. Wherever you put them, all you have to do is use File Explorer, Total Commander, or the like to create a shortcut for it under \Windows\Start Menu\Programs (though for PimBackup you could just use the CAB I made).

Quick GPS keeps opening and cannot update because "cradle not found." Never seen that before so not sure what to do about it
That's a new one. I'll search around XDA to see if anyone else has seen that one before. You can always just disable QuickGPS from updating, since you shouldn't need it w/aGPS enabled anyway.

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I am using ROM sense 2.5 build 28011, thanks a million
Hm . . . how attached to that version are you? The 23518 is way better (and WAY faster too). I guess I could cook you a 28011 if you really wanted it, though.

EDIT: Actually, I don't even have that version in this kitchen. I can acquire it, though. Just let me know.

clickclickpc

May 7, 2008
Battery icon multiple values

For "The Captain's Special - Sense 2.1 - Fuze - Build 23518", has anyone noticed that the battery meter shows different readings in the enhanced notification? The O/S reports 20% while the battery (FInixNOver) icon always shows less such as 14%. I've installed other icons that show the same as FInixNOver.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
For "The Captain's Special - Sense 2.1 - Fuze - Build 23518", has anyone noticed that the battery meter shows different readings in the enhanced notification? The O/S reports 20% while the battery (FInixNOver) icon always shows less such as 14%. I've installed other icons that show the same as FInixNOver.
The Notification Manager only changes every 10%, while the battery icon is in 1% increments.

weisborg

Feb 22, 2009
How hard would it be for a Latest 235xx build with no Manilla? Something pretty much how you got them cooking already, just no Sense/Manilla or any fixes/hacks needed for making Sense/Manilla work. Will probably flash the latest 2.5 this weekend if not possible, but I get so much better battery with Plain ole 6.5 only (2+ days compared to 1 or less), and usually even when just disabled menus are still modified and things move slower than when it is just not there at all.

Mostly just looking for a newer build with less WinMo Bugs than what I'm using. Glad you came to the rescue with new ROMs since it seems other chefs are dropping like flies.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
How hard would it be for a Latest 235xx build with no Manilla? Something pretty much how you got them cooking already, just no Sense/Manilla or any fixes/hacks needed for making Sense/Manilla work. Will probably flash the latest 2.5 this weekend if not possible, but I get so much better battery with Plain ole 6.5 only (2+ days compared to 1 or less), and usually even when just disabled menus are still modified and things move slower than when it is just not there at all.

Mostly just looking for a newer build with less WinMo Bugs than what I'm using. Glad you came to the rescue with new ROMs since it seems other chefs are dropping like flies.
That should be easy enough. You looking for a TP or Fuze build? Any HTC apps included, or not?

subiyanto

Jan 6, 2010
First, thanks for the great job... it's a good ROM I think.. (The Captain's Special - Sense 2.5 - TP - Build 23518) I used it for 2 weeks now.

Second, in my experience using Energy ROM and TAEL ROM, they have a tweak, so we can customize our TP like we need. Can you give your ROM a tweak? if you can, your ROM will be The Greatest ROM Captain. More Stable and Faster.

Third, Can you add RegEdit App?

Fourth, sory for my bad english... (I come from Indonesia)

Many Thanks...

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
First, thanks for the great job... it's a good ROM I think.. (The Captain's Special - Sense 2.5 - TP - Build 23518) I used it for 2 weeks now.

Second, in my experience using Energy ROM and TAEL ROM, they have a tweak, so we can customize our TP like we need. Can you give your ROM a tweak? if you can, your ROM will be The Greatest ROM Captain. More Stable and Faster.

Third, sory for my bad english... (I come from Indonesia)

Many Thanks...
Unfortunately, I don't understand what you mean. I make sure any TP settings you need are already included in the ROM. If there's further customization you want to do, there are many CABs you can install to do that, for example:

Schaps Advanced Config
Montecristoff Diamond/Touch Pro Tweak

Maybe one of those is what you're referring to?

peeps

Aug 30, 2006
Denton, TX
Captain...thanks so much for your personalized help with all issues....not just for helping me, but the way you address everyone. You are a true asset to the community!

Confirmation number: 3TL98440S37614227

subiyanto

Jan 6, 2010
Unfortunately, I don't understand what you mean. I make sure any TP settings you need are already included in the ROM. If there's further customization you want to do, there are many CABs you can install to do that, for example:

Schaps Advanced Confi
Montecristoff Diamond/Touch Pro Tweak

Maybe one of those is what you're referring to?

Thanks Captain.... It's what I want....:) and for the RegEdit?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer

peeps

Aug 30, 2006
Denton, TX
I just figured this one out late last night, so I couldn't include this in yesterday's ROMs, but this CAB should get it working (without using the old fix, and losing the features of the newer Facebook Engine).

You *may* need to soft reset after install for it to work. I just tried it, and it worked for me :).

NOTE: If you try to do anything other than view the pictures in the Online Albums (i.e. press any button besides the Back arrow in the picture view), the device will likely freeze up on you. That's just a fair warning.
Captain, are you still experiencing the issue in bold? I haven't installed this fix yet and can probably live without it if there are still issues, but if it is orking better now, I will install...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is there any way to disable the caller id slide to unlock? sometimes its a pain to pick up a call and depending if my hands are at all wet i cant slide the slide to pick up a call
    No, not really. You do know you can use the hardware keys to answer the phone, right?

There aren't any non-Slide-to-Answer dialers being made by HTC anymore. The last one I know of was the original Raphael dialer (which doesn't play nice with Sense or WM 6.5).

There is a hack to use the stock Dialer, I think. But it's definitely not as pretty, and I'm not sure how well it works, to be honest :rolleyes:.
    * IMPORTANT *

THIS IS A GSM ROM. Do NOT use this ROM if you have a CDMA (Sprint, Verizon) Touch Pro!!!

To flash a custom ROM, you MUST first flash Hard-SPL by OliNex!!

If you don't know what's involved with flashing a ROM, PLEASE see mskip's guide for n00bs!!

A BIG special thanks to XDA member dschlaefer for donating his Fuze so I can continue cooking for the Raphael!!

I know what you're thinking. Does this forum really need another ROM thread? I agree; I don't think it does either. But, here I am, opening one anyway.

So, here's the skinny:

These ROMs are based on builds 23554, 23541, 21898, and 21893, and are customized for the AT&T HTC Fuze and Touch Pro. One series includes Sense 2.5 VGA, and the other includes Sense 2.1 VGA. For those who want lower CPU usage, go with the Sense 2.1 version.

The 218XX version will generally be the most stable, so if that's what you're looking for, that's the one I'd go with :rolleyes:.

I use the 4-row Start Menu (thanks to showaco), because I like it :p.

What's included in my ROMs (common to both versions):

Cooked in -
    Code:
    Opera_Browser (9.5 for Sense 2.1, 9.7 for Sense 2.5)
    EzInput 2.1 (thanks to [B]rsw686[/B])
    HTC Framework/Shared Resources (thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    HTC LockScreen (thanks to [B]conflipper[/B] & [B]indagroove[/B])
    Menu Enhancement
    HTC Connection Setup
    Album (Sense 2.5 version includes Social Networking Support - VGA version thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    Office Mobile 2010
    Windows Live (10.7) - [I]Messenger NOT Included[/I]
    JETCET Print
    Adobe PDF
    Leo Comm Manager
    YouTube (Rhodium version w/Landscape support)
    AT&T Phone Canvas from Tilt 2 (w/Video Share support - thanks to [B]pyrorob[/B] & [B]amarullz[/B])/Rhodium Phone Canvas w/Video Call support
    Arcsoft MMS
    JBlend Java
    Enhanced Power Off Warning
    Streaming_Media
    Quick GPS
    Notification Enhancement (COM5 builds use 3.5, COM2 builds use 2.0 - thanks to [B]Digicast Solutions[/B] for the snooze options CAB)
    Long Press End Key (accessed through a tab in "Buttons" applet under "Settings")
    G Sensor Calibrator
    HTC Calculator
    Teeter
    HTC CAMERA
    RandomAccess (Letter Picker in Contacts)
    FM Radio
    Installed by CAB (uninstallable via "Remove Programs" applet in "Settings") -
    Code:
    Mortscript - thanks to [B]mort[/B]
    Notepad Mobile (thanks to [B]shamasis[/B])
    psShutXP Power Key (skin thanks to [B]dharvey4651[/B])
    AMeBa 0.8 RC (thanks to [B]xtep[/B])
    AutoA2DP (thanks to [B]xiaojin1985[/B] & [B]supware[/B] for the CAB)
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=591248"]DINIK's HD2 Icon Set[/URL]
    6Fg8's Top Bar icons (thanks to bilbobrian)
    Adobe FlashLite Distributable Player
    Flip_IT (Topaz) - thanks to [B]bepe[/B], [B]WildBerry Team[/B], & [B]tom_codon[/B] (COM5 Builds only)
    BsB G-Config (COM2 Builds only)
    Google Maps 4.0
    Microsoft My Phone
    Microsoft Marketplace
    Customization:

This ROM uses RunCC for customization, and supports User Customization (UC).

UPDATE: NEW No-SENSE version available (Fuze & TP Editions)!! See here for details (Fuze Edition): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7989374&postcount=1668; TP Edition: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8079649&postcount=1683

Features:
    • Build updated to 23541 (thanks to Da_G!)
    • Most HTC apps removed (including Album, Comm Manager, EzInput, Menu Enhancement, & Notification Manager)
    • CHome Customizations remain (Titanium Weather, myLocation, ATFavePeople)
    • Opera removed from ROM (IE panel added back to CHome/Titanium)
    • Flip_IT moved under "Utilities"
    • Office Mobile 2010 included
    • JETCET PRINT removed
    • HTC Connection Setup, HTC Calculator, Long Press End Key, HTC Dialer w/Video Call included
    DOWNLOAD LINKS:

The Captain's Special - Build 23541 - "Non-Sense"

Other ROMs/Links:

Post #2: Sense 2.1 VGA - Build 23541/21893 (FUZE - 21898)
    Post #3: Sense 2.5 VGA - Build 23133/21914
    Post #4: Add-On CABs/Fixes/Change Log/To Do/Donation Acknowledgements
    Post #5: FAQ
    Post #6: Tab by Tab Comparison of Sense 2.1 & Sense 2.5
    For the Sense 2.1 lovers . . .

Here's my "refreshed" Sense 2.1 ROM.

Changes since previous version:
    • 6.5.x Build updated to 23149 (COM 3)
    • AMeBa removed from ROM in favor of uTask (smaller memory footprint). NOTE: Long Press Start button now opens Comm Manager, Task Manager icon on Home screen opens Windows Task Manager.
    That's all I can think of for now - it's likely there are other updates (I basically had to rebuild the entire ROM, since my kitchen's been updated).

I must admit, I had forgotten how smooth Sense 2.1 is . . . (I do still prefer all of the other features of Sense 2.5). To each his own, I suppose.

Oh right, almost forgot. Here's the link:

The Captain's Special - Sense 2.1 - Build 23149 - Touch Pro Edition (Mediafire)
    I responded to the 1st two via PM, but I'm not aware of that 3rd item. Is there an additional fix you need for Rogers to fix the timestamp on SMS?

Got the PM ... much appreciated. Some carriers such as Rogers/Fido have an issue with SMS timestamping. Here's a link to a .CAB for those experiencing a time offset issue with SMS:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2252296&postcount=5

The .CAB changes the first registry key below ... but it's possible that the second registry location is required as well.

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting\]
    "TrustTimeZoneField"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\SMS\]
    "RecvTimeStamp"=dword:00000001

Cheers,
    Hi cap :) So i was thinking about new rom :) Are there any new things you could cook in ? You can add hotfixes and so on :)
    I can't think of any reason to cook a new ROM at this point. I'm running a 23151 version of my Sense 2.1 ROM on my Fuze, and it's just about perfect. I almost don't want to cook anything else & ruin it :rolleyes:.