G-NetTrack v3.5 - netmonitor for UMTS/GSM, logs CELLID and RXLEVEL, exports kml file

Search This thread

gyokov

Jun 23, 2007
www.gyokovsolutions.com
The application logs the current CELLID, RXLEVEL, MCC, MNC, LAC of the UMTS/GSM network.
In [<Application Directory>\logs] folder two kind of log files are created:
- KML file - for using with Google Earth or Google Maps on you mobile device
- Tab delimited file

For kml file new point is created when the distance difference is >15m or cellid has changed. The size of the point depends on RXLEVEL
For tab file new row is created when cellid has changed.

Attention: Make sure you closed the application before opening the log files. Exit the application from Menu->Save Log and Exit
Requires Compact Framework 3.5

In version 3.5:
-added location map (zoom in and out with the slider) from Google Maps - the location map is updated on cell change only if tab "Map" is selected.

Last edited:

qwerty00

Dec 2, 2010
Make sure that you got GPS coordinates at least once while you were recording. The program creates new point if you moved for at least 15 meters or serving cellid has changed. Also make sure that you closed the application properly (not running in background)

I don't receive coordinate. I receive only CellID, LAC, MCC, MNC :confused:

merche8371

Mar 4, 2010
coordinates problem

Hi I like it your work it´s very good. But when i can use work perfect, and after i reed the .kml on the google earth or google maps the coordinates on the sea.

I live in Argentine, my phone have a GPS, but when go to google maps mobile the coordinates can´t view same to .jpg, only view a one point by point, and the waipoints on the sea, and when i put on the coordinates on the google earth too see on sea.

I need view the correct coordinates on my country but i can´t.

Can you help me my phone is a HTC HD2 Leo

I wait for you request.

Sincerly, Merche

maraca

Jan 19, 2007
Hi I like it your work it´s very good. But when i can use work perfect, and after i reed the .kml on the google earth or google maps the coordinates on the sea.

I live in Argentine, my phone have a GPS, but when go to google maps mobile the coordinates can´t view same to .jpg, only view a one point by point, and the waipoints on the sea, and when i put on the coordinates on the google earth too see on sea.

I need view the correct coordinates on my country but i can´t.

Can you help me my phone is a HTC HD2 Leo

I wait for you request.

Sincerly, Merche

the problem is here, missing the point on the coordinates of log that creates the soft, the coordinates are well just missing the point. I too am from Argentina
.excellent software, keep upgrading please!!!!!

bad:
<coordinates>
-588545,-274745,0
</coordinates>

good:
<coordinates>
-58.8545,-27.4745,0
</coordinates>

gyokov

Jun 23, 2007
www.gyokovsolutions.com
I managed to recreate the problem when I switched the Regional settings to Argentina. I'll fix it and update it

the problem is here, missing the point on the coordinates of log that creates the soft, the coordinates are well just missing the point. I too am from Argentina
.excellent software, keep upgrading please!!!!!

bad:
<coordinates>
-588545,-274745,0
</coordinates>

good:
<coordinates>
-58.8545,-27.4745,0
</coordinates>

Last edited:

merche8371

Mar 4, 2010
g nettrack 3.1

A lot of thanks, i download the 3.1v and later comment, Thanks. Merche

i can download v 3.1 and work it very good, now the coordinates are correct and i can view on the google maps google earth and google maps mobile, but a cellid change the number but not change the coordinates. i can view on the one coordinates diferent numbers tower cellid that's it's correct?

your work are wonderfull.

i wait your request sincerly, Merche

i wrote to you a email julian....@gmail.. but i couldn't

Last edited:

gyokov

Jun 23, 2007
www.gyokovsolutions.com
Yes, viewing different cellids while staying in one place is normal, because radio conditions change and the mobile reselects a new cell when the cell becomes best.

Also if the mobile loses the GPS fix the new cellids are written with the last known coordinates. The idea is to be possible to view on Google Earth or Google maps how many cells serve the specific building (for example) inside which no GPS coordinates are available

merche8371

Mar 4, 2010
perfect i can understand to you. i have the other question if i give the cellid and mnc lac and mcc to my company cell provider, the company know what tower i talk it? Becausr i have a poor signal and i think give it the mcc mnc lac and cellid and the coordinates and the compnay give me the correct solution, it's my think good idea?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The application logs the current CELLID, RXLEVEL, MCC, MNC, LAC of the UMTS/GSM network.
    In [<Application Directory>\logs] folder two kind of log files are created:
    - KML file - for using with Google Earth or Google Maps on you mobile device
    - Tab delimited file

For kml file new point is created when the distance difference is >15m or cellid has changed. The size of the point depends on RXLEVEL
    For tab file new row is created when cellid has changed.

Attention: Make sure you closed the application before opening the log files. Exit the application from Menu->Save Log and Exit
    Requires Compact Framework 3.5

In version 3.5:
    -added location map (zoom in and out with the slider) from Google Maps - the location map is updated on cell change only if tab "Map" is selected.