[Q] Rooting Help!

Search This thread

nty123

Feb 9, 2014
xdaforums.com
Is the firewater file in the same folder as adb.exe, and is the cmd prompt at the same directory? Its saying it cant find the firewater file on your pc.
ok i guess i did not have them in my folder with adb but i put fast boot and adb in there and got significantly farther but yet again was stopped.

Harrys-MacBook-Pro:~ HarryShowerman$ cd desktop
Harrys-MacBook-Pro:desktop HarryShowerman$ cd "android tools"
Harrys-MacBook-Pro:android tools HarryShowerman$ ./adb reboot
Harrys-MacBook-Pro:android tools HarryShowerman$ ./adb wait-for-device push firewater /data/local/tmp
4049 KB/s (4347896 bytes in 1.048s)
Harrys-MacBook-Pro:android tools HarryShowerman$ ./adb push temproot /data/local/tmp
3430 KB/s (68576 bytes in 0.019s)
Harrys-MacBook-Pro:android tools HarryShowerman$ ./adb shell
shell@m7wlv:/ $ chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/temproot
shell@m7wlv:/ $ chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
shell@m7wlv:/ $ /data/local/tmp/temprootHarrys-MacBook-Pro:android tools HarryShowerman$
Harrys-MacBook-Pro:android tools HarryShowerman$ /data/local/tmp/temproot
-bash: /data/local/tmp/temproot: No such file or directory
Harrys-MacBook-Pro:android tools HarryShowerman$

i think what is happening (just a guess) is when i get to this step "shell@m7wlv:/ $ /data/local/tmp/temprootHarrys-MacBook-Pro:android tools HarryShowerman$ " something always pops up on my computer and its a cdrom with htc sync inside it. and that is somewhat reconnecting the usb and erasing the steps??? just a guess but you of course have a ton more knowledge than me so...:confused:

Last edited:

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Do you have htc sync instaled on your computer? If so uninstall it but keep the drivers. It looks like your doing it right, i know people have issues with macs and adb. I am not at all familiar with macs though. Try to wait for the crdom thing to popup and dismiss it then do the commands and see if it works.

nty123

Feb 9, 2014
xdaforums.com
Do you have htc sync instaled on your computer? If so uninstall it but keep the drivers. It looks like your doing it right, i know people have issues with macs and adb. I am not at all familiar with macs though. Try to wait for the crdom thing to popup and dismiss it then do the commands and see if it works.

its uninstalled on my computer, i tried doing a search multiple times and it does not show up but whenever i reconnect my usb attached to my phone it just pops up as a cd icon labeled "carom" with htc sync inside and it says i can't move it to the trash because it cant be deleted, I'm starting to think this is something to do with the phone rather than computer, always i have a question, If i ever to achieve s-off do i have to install a new rom or flash a recovery right away? because i cant do all that in one day and i also an not very educated on how to do that which is why i need to learn. (just don't wanna end up with a $500 brick)

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
The cd rom thing is normal. It a way for vzw to push their bloat. As long as its not imstalled it should be ok. Instead of just /data/local/tmp/temproot try
Code:
ash /data/local/tmp/temproot
You can get s-off without doing the other stuff and still have a stock functioning phone.

nty123

Feb 9, 2014
xdaforums.com
The cd rom thing is normal. It a way for vzw to push their bloat. As long as its not imstalled it should be ok. Instead of just /data/local/tmp/temproot try
Code:
ash /data/local/tmp/temproot
You can get s-off without doing the other stuff and still have a stock functioning phone.

ok so now it apparently fails to do everything?? (see last 5 sentences)

Harrys-MacBook-Pro:android tools HarryShowerman$ ./adb reboot
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
ls
Harrys-MacBook-Pro:android tools HarryShowerman$ ls
adb fastboot sdk
eclipse firewater temproot
Harrys-MacBook-Pro:android tools HarryShowerman$ ./adb wait-for-device push firewater /data/local/tmp
4590 KB/s (4347896 bytes in 0.924s)
Harrys-MacBook-Pro:android tools HarryShowerman$ ./adb push temproot /data/local/tmp
3458 KB/s (68576 bytes in 0.019s)
Harrys-MacBook-Pro:android tools HarryShowerman$ ./adb shell
shell@m7wlv:/ $ chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/temproot
shell@m7wlv:/ $ chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
shell@m7wlv:/ $ ./adb /data/local/tmp/temproot
/system/bin/sh: ./adb: not found
127|shell@m7wlv:/ $ /data/local/tmp/temproot

run_root_shell, thanks fi01 - https://github.com/android-rooting-tools/android_run_root_shell

[*] Attempting to acquire root. This will take 5-10 minutes, be patient
error in setsockopt().
Failed to get prepare_kernel_cred address.
Failed to get commit_creds address.
Failed to get ptmx_fops address.
Failed to setup variables.

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
You are on 4.4.2 stock locked. The temp root method was patched with the ota. That's what the last few lines mean there. It can't acces those files to write.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: dele21

dele21

Apr 10, 2013
Fairfax
You are on 4.4.2 stock locked. The temp root method was patched with the ota. That's what the last few lines mean there. It can't acces those files to write.

... Looks like I'm in the same boat as nty123. I'm getting the same error messages while attempting to gain temp root. I'm running stock/locked 4.4.2 on a VZW HTC One. Has anyone heard/seen any possible exploits to bypass this, or am I SOL for the time being? Thanks.

nty123

Feb 9, 2014
xdaforums.com
... Looks like I'm in the same boat as nty123. I'm getting the same error messages while attempting to gain temp root. I'm running stock/locked 4.4.2 on a VZW HTC One. Has anyone heard/seen any possible exploits to bypass this, or am I SOL for the time being? Thanks.
Looks like you and me are stuck on stock 4.4.2 until a method comes out, as far as i know right now no method has been released yet, let's hope we see one soon!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make sure you go in settings and turn on usb debugging. Also go to power settings and uncheck fast boot.

could anyone reply and inform me if kingo root does work?

It will not work because it only works for devices up to 4.3. The one is a suppoerted device except for what I just mentioned.