[Q] 98.72.165 update 4G issues

Search This thread

xdarkxheartx

May 12, 2012
I did the .165 update 2 weeks ago and since then i have not had 4g in an area i always have before and my fiance with same carrier has a strong 4G signal. I was on 1x data for a few days but managed to get 3g back with a sim card and few resets...phone works fine other than that.

installed no apps recently such as battery saver etc.
I've tried fastbooting back with rsd to 9.8.2O-72_VZW-16 build.
tried a fresh fastboot to .165
Tried wiping system cache in recovery.
global networks set to cmda/lte
tried cdma/lte/evdo and a few others.
Tried flashing cm10.2 rom with safestrap
safemode still only 3G.
I replaced sim card.
hard reset and factory reset from recovery mode.

Im at a loss im not sure what else to try. I cant get a replacement although im eligable for upgrade but im grandfathered into an unlimited data package that they want to take away if i do that.
I believe its a corrupted radio file issue but im not sure. I assumed rsd would fix that.
I was on phone with verizon 8 hours over 3 days and finally the guy there recommended me to just use fastboot files. He was pretty cool.
Motorola doesnt want to talk to me at all and blame verizon for there update.
I was hoping someone could recommend anything else to try. I hate not having 4G. Spoiled i guess. So I decided to ask the real experts and the most helpful community XDA. Thanks in advance.
Phone info if needed:
Droid razr xt912
Currently 98.72.165 (have files to go back to .16 tho)
4.1.2 jellybean
baseband - cdma_N_05.21.00R LTEDC_U_09.1D.00
PRL - 15287

xdarkxheartx

May 12, 2012
What is the problem? Ur Prl isn't current. I only have fast boot files. To flash phone bask to stock. And I have radio.IMG files to flash radio. I don't think u can zip Prl. I think its done with our simcard.

xdarkxheartx

May 12, 2012
I keep getting error 407 when I try to update my prl through settings.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

U can call your provider and they may push you a new prl. Have u tried powering down. Remove sim. Power back on wait for no sim to show. Power off. Put sim back in and then power back on. If that doesn't work then u can get a new sim from from carrier and that should fix your Perl update

Droid1177

Apr 28, 2014
I did the .165 update 2 weeks ago and since then i have not had 4g in an area i always have before and my fiance with same carrier has a strong 4G signal. I was on 1x data for a few days but managed to get 3g back with a sim card and few resets...phone works fine other than that.

installed no apps recently such as battery saver etc.
I've tried fastbooting back with rsd to 9.8.2O-72_VZW-16 build.
tried a fresh fastboot to .165
Tried wiping system cache in recovery.
global networks set to cmda/lte
tried cdma/lte/evdo and a few others.
Tried flashing cm10.2 rom with safestrap
safemode still only 3G.
I replaced sim card.
hard reset and factory reset from recovery mode.

Im at a loss im not sure what else to try. I cant get a replacement although im eligable for upgrade but im grandfathered into an unlimited data package that they want to take away if i do that.
I believe its a corrupted radio file issue but im not sure. I assumed rsd would fix that.
I was on phone with verizon 8 hours over 3 days and finally the guy there recommended me to just use fastboot files. He was pretty cool.
Motorola doesnt want to talk to me at all and blame verizon for there update.
I was hoping someone could recommend anything else to try. I hate not having 4G. Spoiled i guess. So I decided to ask the real experts and the most helpful community XDA. Thanks in advance.
Phone info if needed:
Droid razr xt912
Currently 98.72.165 (have files to go back to .16 tho)
4.1.2 jellybean
baseband - cdma_N_05.21.00R LTEDC_U_09.1D.00
PRL - 15287

I think you can use Matt's utility to get back to .16 .