Stable roms

Search This thread

swapnil0545

Jul 23, 2012
Hello guyz,

I m using philz touch recovery and tried aosb, cm 11, etc but each rom had one or the other problem in it.

1.Can I install the 4.1.2 mex retail zip after a wipe and clean or do i have to go back to earlier version of the recovery?

Which are the most stable roms out yet? Where everything works great... like in the mex retail and the ics. Which has some good dev options in it like paranoid android

Last edited:

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Well, hate to say this, but every custom (non-stock) rom, regardless of Android version, has some sort of an issue. You either gotta find one that you can live with or stay stock. HoloBlur is probably what you're looking for -- Custom based on Mex Retail. Going back to stock, you're better of just flashing a fastboot with Myth and skipping the recovery flash, boot into recovery and let it root it for you as well as fix the recovery crap in /etc.

russian392

Apr 30, 2012
Simpsonville, SC
Hello guyz,

I m using philz touch recovery and tried aosb, cm 11, etc but each rom had one or the other problem in it.

1.Can I install the 4.1.2 mex retail zip after a wipe and clean or do i have to go back to earlier version of the recovery?

Which are the most stable roms out yet? Where everything works great... like in the mex retail and the ics. Which has some good dev options in it like paranoid android

shouldnt you have a backup of stock so you could restore it and then just wipe data?

and i use cm11 cause the only 2 problems i have is a) the kit kat wifi issue and b) google play music will restart the phone if the screen is off. by cm 11 i mean the "official latest nightly) which was released a month ago and runs ten times faster than slim kat or any other rom ive used so far.

Last edited:

frankslan

Apr 8, 2013
shouldnt you have a backup of stock so you could restore it and then just wipe data?

and i use cm11 cause the only 2 problems i have is a) the kit kat wifi issue and b) google play music will restart the phone if the screen is off. by cm 11 i mean the "official latest nightly) which was released a month ago and runs ten times faster than slim kat or any other rom ive used so far.

Hey whats the kit kat wifi issue and do think it will get sorted out soon? Im also trying to decide what rom to install looking for something stable like op.