Just dreaming: 2600mAh battery with super battery cover addon

Search This thread

Phil_123

Sep 7, 2007
Hong Kong
I notice that Mugen Power added a stylus to the extended battery covers for TG01... how about adding more?

Battery: 2600mAh to give extra battery life and thickness to TG01
Battery cover: comes attached with a stock-like microUSB slot cover. User has to cut and remove the original slot cover to use it.
A flex cable inside the new slot cover connects it to the circuitry inside the battery cover.
The new battery cover relocates the microUSB connector to the bottom of the battery cover, and adds a 3.5" audio jack at the bottom of the battery. At the right of the battery cover (on the side of the up/down buttons) is a SD card reader, connected to the device's USB host pins, which is only activated when a SD card is inserted. (like the card readers found on notebooks)
If there is sufficient free space, add an extra USB port. A half-height USB port can be used instead of a standard sized one.

This shouldn't be impossible to make, just think of all those 3-in-1 adapters (charge, sync, audio out) for HTC devices, but in the form of a battery cover. The SD card reader and USB port activation/deactivation can be done with a switch.

With this addon, we make our device a very nice, portable, multifunction device.:)

drkdeath5000

Jan 17, 2010
This is an awesome concept idea, most of which should have been built into the tg01 already, especially the 3.5 jack and im sure we could add even more things ! If someone could make something like this it make our tg01's an excellent device, even more better than it is now and im sure every tg01 user would want one - am i wrong ? I really dont think its that difficult to do either so we just need someone with the know how and the capability to mass produce :). Anyone ?