Apps all over the place

Search This thread

morkli

Aug 20, 2011
Sydney
On my Galaxy Tab 10.1 (HC 3.2), my apps (in the Apps screens) were always automatically organised in alphabetical order, without gaps.

On my new Galaxy Tab 7.7 (also HC 3.2), they seem to be all over the place, with gaps. It's a bit like my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone (GB 2.3.6), on which I use the AppZorter app to keep the apps sorted alphabetically.

Is anyone else experiencing this with their Galaxy Tab 7.7 in Apps ?

alvinlts

Dec 19, 2006
On my Galaxy Tab 10.1 (HC 3.2), my apps (in the Apps screens) were always automatically organised in alphabetical order, without gaps.

On my new Galaxy Tab 7.7 (also HC 3.2), they seem to be all over the place, with gaps. It's a bit like my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone (GB 2.3.6), on which I use the AppZorter app to keep the apps sorted alphabetically.

Yes, there seems to be some bug with the Touchwiz UX
There is no auto sorting of apps, and sometimes a blank page will remain even after i removed all apps from that page
Not to mention it does a poor job of remembering my folders :mad:

I've done a firmware update through kies (now ZSLA2/HK version)
And that seemed to have stabilized the touchwiz somewhat, though still no auto-sorting

Reactions: morkli

burhanistan

Apr 14, 2011
It seems to add them in order of install, rather than alphabetically like on the 10.1/8.9. I also saw a blank page once but it cleared itself after a reboot.

Theory

Sep 21, 2008
Yes, I noticed it too. While generally, it seems to go by order of installation, it's not always the case either. For instance, some of my original apps got mixed up together with apps that I installed.

Anyway, I'm no longer dealing with this after moving to GO Launcher Ex, where you get to choose the sorting method (Alphabetical, Latest installed first, Earliest installed first).

kazuni

Aug 28, 2007
Hong Kong
One, and perhaps the only way for now, is to clear data for the TWLauncher app. It will automatically sort all the apps in system and you downloaded ones in alphabetical order. You will loose customization though (widget placements, etc).

Reactions: morkli

Marand55

May 4, 2007
That was one of many reasons I switched to ADW launcher. I hope Samsung will come up with more customizable TW for ICS.:confused:

jjdneves

Oct 27, 2007
Taipa
www.cem-macau.com
Apps won't stay long inside the folders!

There is no auto sorting of apps, and sometimes a blank page will remain even after i removed all apps from that page

And that seemed to have stabilized the touchwiz somewhat, though still no auto-sorting

[This is Jose]
BTW I've tried several times to put apps inside created folders, but they won't stay long inside and keep coming out timing and again! Help appreciated.
Jose Neves

rchiiibob

Mar 5, 2011
Apps not staying in folders

[This is Jose]
BTW I've tried several times to put apps inside created folders, but they won't stay long inside and keep coming out timing and again! Help appreciated.
Jose Neves

Answer: Do not use the plus sign inside the folders. Press, "Edit", and drag and drop the apps into the folders. They will stay in the folders, then. Worked for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

One, and perhaps the only way for now, is to clear data for the TWLauncher app. It will automatically sort all the apps in system and you downloaded ones in alphabetical order. You will loose customization though (widget placements, etc).
    Try Folder Organizer on the market. Works flawlessly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab
    Semper Fi!!!