Best Backup for HTC One M8?

Search This thread

Wanton86

Jun 3, 2014
I need to return my phone for a replacement through amazon, and I'm wondering what the best way to backup my phone is? I've tried searching around on XDA and it's a bit overwhelming. HTC and google offer some sort of backup but I'm not sure what is being saved and there are other threads for different phones. If possible, I'd like to just be able get it set up where it's just like I never got a new phone with all the files and settings the same way. Also to have apps backed up too.

My phone is NOT rooted.

Thanks

kirdroid

Feb 21, 2011
Seattle
If you are not rooted, make sure in settings you have enabled Google backup. Once you get your new phone and login with Google account select restore and it will auto download all your apps. But it will not download the app data. There are other solutions like backup apps like helium and titanium backup. I know helium works without root not sure about titanium backup. If you are rooted titanium backup is the best out there and it will restore all the apps and it's data.

The stock Google backup and reset is not good, but that's all we have currently. Hopefully it's better in the next version and we can restore app data as well from Google restore.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Wanton86

Jun 3, 2014
If you are not rooted, make sure in settings you have enabled Google backup. Once you get your new phone and login with Google account select restore and it will auto download all your apps. But it will not download the app data. There are other solutions like backup apps like helium and titanium backup. I know helium works without root not sure about titanium backup. If you are rooted titanium backup is the best out there and it will restore all the apps and it's data.

The stock Google backup and reset is not good, but that's all we have currently. Hopefully it's better in the next version and we can restore app data as well from Google restore.

Is there an easy way to backup files? I suppose I could just transfer them to a PC but if there's a way I can do it with like with Helium that you suggested, that'd be great.

What about phone settings? Will helium take care of that as well?

Thanks

tominozh

Mar 9, 2011
Dublin
Google Pixel 7
Is there an easy way to backup files? I suppose I could just transfer them to a PC but if there's a way I can do it with like with Helium that you suggested, that'd be great.

What about phone settings? Will helium take care of that as well?

Thanks
just use htc backup. it will backup everything and the restore to new phone when you'll sign in with your account. the phone will be identical to the old one.

Wanton86

Jun 3, 2014
just use htc backup. it will backup everything and the restore to new phone when you'll sign in with your account. the phone will be identical to the old one.

Is this an app, or is this native to my phone? I see an HTC Backup for HTC One in the Google Play Store