[ROM] Evervolv Un-Official 4.2.2 JOP40C Stella [AOSP] 2/16/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

craigacgomez

Jan 29, 2010
Tustin
do you have app compatibility issues with ur rom? Ours isn't compatible with basic ones like dropbox, youtube, rootexplorer, etc

Yeah, i jumped head first in aosp about a year ago. be very carefull, it can burn you out...lol i had to take a couple months off and enjoy other people work before i wanted to do it again.

Nope... all work fine here... the differences I see...
1. My build is userdebug... your's is eng
2. ro.product.name in my ROM is mantaray (from the official ROM)

And for Google Location service... you need to add this to a frameworks overlay (device specific or common)
https://github.com/craigacgomez/and...mmit/52e41df4e67c4aebd51464746a5c8fa0b86bb9d1

BTW... no OTG support in your ROM???
https://github.com/craigacgomez/and...mmit/6e959df779791332183c6f63b0391b07b4dd4db1

Hehe... and yeah, I know what you mean... it can get addicting and you feel like giving people what they ask for :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Leoisright

Leoisright

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2010
MN
Craig, thanks

Yeah, just fixed the build.prop and will get the locations in there for next release. I knew it right away when i noticed i couldn't download crap from the playstore. sure enough, it was all messed up. We are fixing that now in the build.

thanks for the other links. I had it all fixed but guess prelude forked from google rather then the one i had..oh well, easy fixes. the next build will be easy

Flip, great seeing you again. Will have a tester for you shortly...hehe

Reactions: craigacgomez

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
OK, got compatibility issue fixed, Google now locations fixed, su is still giving us issues and so is YouTube. Will post this update tomorrow evening after work. Thanks for our patience and support.

Haha, forgot to compile superuser and su. Probably why it doesn't work...lol must go to bed now. Night all

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
ok, update link is in OP

* fixed SU
* fixed google locations
* fixed otg
* fixed finger print, apps work from playstore now
* added zipalign at boot
* added etc/init.d scripting
* added apps to sd ( haven't tested )

There are still issues in YouTube, will comb thru the source to see what is causing it. It seems like a codec issue.(youtube works fine thru the browser)

Please let us know what other bugs may be present. Thanks and enjoy.

Last edited:

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
Trying to add themes and classicnerd init.d scripts. Themes isn't taking yet. But init.d script seems to have made a difference. The quadrant score hit 5667 which jumped a lot over previous builds. Hope to have an update soon. But may be this weekend. Works been rough this week.

Awesome to see a lot of familiar developers and ROMs coming to the Nexus 10. I think evervolv was the very first ROM I ran on my OG EVO4G may she rest in pieces... I have been running PA on my Epic 4g touch for a while now but as of the past few weeks have been seeing a ton of random reboots even on the latest update.. Might hold off trying their ROM for the N10

Glad you guys are here :)

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
Evervolv makes some strong Roms. I have been working on the pure source both ROM and kernel. I will have both options here for people to choose from. Sorry bout the reboots, so hard to figure out if that is ROM or app related without knowing more about it. Log cat or otherwise.

Flip35

Oct 20, 2010
florida
Google Pixel 5a
Google Pixel 6a
Evervolv makes some strong Roms. I have been working on the pure source both ROM and kernel. I will have both options here for people to choose from. Sorry bout the reboots, so hard to figure out if that is ROM or app related without knowing more about it. Log cat or otherwise.

Hey i know first hand u always work hard at this, I'm sure you'll figure it out

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
Update coming soon. Got full source kernel build inline without issues in the evervolv rom, testing some init.d scripts that bumped the quad scores up to 5500 on average (up 800+) also fixed the YouTube problem. Just need to cherry-pick the otg cable fix and few other minor tweaks. We also updated to 4.2.1. Should be a good update tho. Hope to have it done tomorrow or Wednesday latest

Last edited:

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Update coming soon. Got full source kernel build inline without issues in the evervolv rom, testing some init.d scripts that bumped the quad scores up to 5500 on average (up 800+) also fixed the YouTube problem. Just need to cherry-pick the otg cable fix and few other minor tweaks. Should be a good update tho. Hope to have it done tomorrow or Wednesday latest

what did you do to fix the youtube issue? i havent had much time to even look at what the deal was.

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
what did you do to fix the youtube issue? i havent had much time to even look at what the deal was.

Pretty sure it was in the kernel. Prior released, we used a prebuilt kernel and this one was straight source from Google with the cherry-pick from you. There was something goofy in there before. Also, we cleaned up the device tree quite a bit.

But there could have been an issue from Google, they did update a bunch of stuff for 4.2.1. Once I get back home we can comb thru it to help.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Pretty sure it was in the kernel. Prior released, we used a prebuilt kernel and this one was straight source from Google with the cherry-pick from you. There was something goofy in there before. Also, we cleaned up the device tree quite a bit.

But there could have been an issue from Google, they did update a bunch of stuff for 4.2.1. Once I get back home we can comb thru it to help.

Well its not kernel related. I know that one for sure. The 4.2.1 update was nothing more than the calander "missing December" fix and some vibration updates. Its probably one of the smallest updates from Google to date. Hmmm... Weird. Anyways. Where's your source located and I'll check it out and see what i might be able to find. :D

Leoisright

Dec 22, 2010
MN
Well its not kernel related. I know that one for sure. The 4.2.1 update was nothing more than the calander "missing December" fix and some vibration updates. Its probably one of the smallest updates from Google to date. Hmmm... Weird. Anyways. Where's your source located and I'll check it out and see what i might be able to find. :D

Www.github.com/evervolv

Yeah, I bet ur right with the tiny updates. Our source is mainly google cource with some cherry picks and a lot of mods, but not a lot on jb so far.

Sent from my ClassicJewel

clavicle

Sep 16, 2009
Simla
OnePlus 8
Nothing Phone 1
Hi Leo I switched on to your rom, the b3 version.

I am having two major issues here, one is my locations isn't being read by the system, eventhough I have checked on all the options from settings >location settings options. This goes in on for google now to which shows "location service is off"
I haven't frozen or deleted any app. Initially I had fc with "fused Location" app.

Other issue is while using daydream in display settings, I get fc while switching on to clock>settings.

Other than these I haven't got any issues as of now.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Un-Official Evervolv AOSP​

This ROM is still in testing phase but must say it works quite nicely. Most all features are working fine. Read below for description of ROM.

As you may or not know, Evervolv has been building quality AOSP for multiple devices. Recently we (Classicnerd) have had the pleasure of working with Preludedrew in testing, working out bugs, and joining together to bring a fantastic rom to everyone using HTC, HP Touchpad, Samsung, Asus Nexus 7, and many more devices.

What to expect? Expect a solid platform which to build from. They have been known for adding Evervolv Toolbox which allows status bar tweaks, interface tweaks (volume wake, volume music control, Custom display density settings, and customizable power menu settings), as well as a stable platform which we can bring this hardware to full usage. There is also a Performance section for memory management and processor changes. The Themes section in settings is not working but should be very soon. Su works fantastic and so does the 4-1 boot to recovery work flawless.

Why Un-Official? There are many bugs to work out in an AOSP ecosystem. With that said, these bugs won't hinder your ability to enjoy this great device what so ever. Mostly when people go to an official release, it's because all hardware and software function as if it was stock with no issues and then they move on to the next build (possibly the next update). As you all know, there will always be some sort of issue. But we have a slight advantage with the Nexus 10 device. It's straight up Google. With Google in full support of the Android Open Source Platform, this gives many developers the opportunity to bring customized settings, tweaked apps, and modded framework to bring to the general public and flashaholics something we felt the direction should go.

Now we give you Evervolv Stella. I will let you all guess why the name stella came about. hehe, it was chosen by me which I feel honored to help support this project for you guys. Please understand that everyone on this team have full time jobs as well as work countless (often unappreciated, but more often appreciated) working on source code to bring ideas to life, while having a family life. If you feel the urge to donate, please do. We are saving to bring a Nexus 10 to Preludedrew. His wife cut him off from spending money on devices...lol No worries, we'll get him one.

This ROM ROM is very fast and smooth. While there may be glitches associated with jb, they are being removed and pushing it to the limits.

We now bring you Stella

Release date 11/26/12

* init.d scripts to boost performance, battery, low men, net boost, trim, and much more
    * Ramdisk mods
    * quad scores above 5300
    * BT file transfer for all file formats
    * 4-1 boot menu
    * Updated to 4.2.1
    * Inline Kernel Build
    * Fixed YouTube
    * EVToolbox
    * All Hardware functional
    * Google backup support (flash GAPPS after flashing rom)
    * Google locations support
    * OTG support
    * SU working properly
    * And many source mods coming from ICS

What doesn't work:

* themes
    * you tell us....we need ur help bring this rom to life.

Downloads:

Stella v3.2.0 b4 Un-Official Updated 2/16/13 to 4.2.2

Stella v3.2.0 b3 Un-Official Uploaded 12.06.12 with google locations fixed.

Stella v3.2.0 b2 Un-Official Uploaded 11.27.12

Stella v3.2.0 b1 Un-Official Uploaded 11.26.12

Gapps JOP40C

With many thanks to Evervolv (Preludedrew, drewis, MongooseHelix, and nikez), tommytomatoe, misfit, ewalk, MindSplit, Jzen, Chubbzlou, TMartin, MYN, Cyanogenmod, XDA, craigacgomez, our wives and children, and the many testers. This list will grow as time evolvs..

Evervolv Source Link
    AOSP Download AOSP Link
    Running great so far. Looking forward to future updates. Stable and fast!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man. Just working out some kinks. Then will mess with oc/UV the ROM some. Won't make specific github uploads of that but can tweak some kernels for a desperate flash pack.

Also, lots of work being invested in quick settings. A different twist on what others are doing. Could be a little while due the heavy coding required.

sent from my Nexus 10 Stella
    Hi Leo I switched on to your rom, the b3 version.

I am having two major issues here, one is my locations isn't being read by the system, eventhough I have checked on all the options from settings >location settings options. This goes in on for google now to which shows "location service is off"
    I haven't frozen or deleted any app. Initially I had fc with "fused Location" app.

Other issue is while using daydream in display settings, I get fc while switching on to clock>settings.

Other than these I haven't got any issues as of now.

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. I will get that locations issue fixed and reupload. Thought I submitted the changes but guess it didn't. Give me a little bit and I will have that fixed.

Also, I will look at the daydream issue. Thanks

Edit.. The latest update has daydream working fine for me. Recompiling with the fix for locations. Will upload it to github this weekend, but will upload the ROM tonight and update the op in about a half hour.

Edit 2... Locations fixed and daydream seems to be working just fine... Its uploading now, should be ready in about 20 minutes if you want to reflash. Just wipe cache and flash ROM then gapps and should be good to go.

Let me know if it works.. Thanks ~leo

sorry for being absent. Work has been a killer lately.

Updated to 4.2.2 in the OP.

Not a whole lot of changes but it's been synced with latest EV. Enjoy.

Wipe Cache
    Flash Rom
    Flash Gapps

~leo
    Hope to have HDR camera here soon. I've unlocked but making sure all the files are correct. Lot different in source.