[AOSPA 4.3 JLS36C] PARANOlDANDROID 3.99-RC2 (OCT20) | HALO | HYBRID | PIE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thewadegeek

Mar 20, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Re: [AOSPA 4.2.1] PARANOIDANDROID 2.99 betaNINE.9+ [2/8/13]

Curiosity question, do you know the reasoning for this? Couldn't it be just as easily kept where it was either by patch or otherwise to allow easier interoperability between AOSP and Twiz ROMs?

I believe this is an attempt to fix all the multi sdcard nonsense, and do away with the external versus internal sdcards

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

DreamingWolf

Oct 25, 2009
In my cerebral cortex

I wish that were the case, but I'm looking in root explorer and don't see anything. It should be noted that I wiped system, internal, and pretty much everything except external in twrp before I flashed. Maybe that wiped my SD somehow.

If you have a card reader I would pull it and check it on a computer. Even if they don't show up there are several free undelete programs you can try.

Scratched out with my Dragonclaw

Reactions: Art Vandelay

simple man

Dec 25, 2010
Missouri

I wish that were the case, but I'm looking in root explorer and don't see anything. It should be noted that I wiped system, internal, and pretty much everything except external in twrp before I flashed. Maybe that wiped my SD somehow.

Is your card formatted as fat32? If not that could be why. I've seen that in one of the AOSP threads anyway. It seems that any CM based rom requires it to be fat32.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

bigelroy123

Apr 16, 2010

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble getting pie to show?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Art Vandelay

Oct 25, 2007
PDX
Is your card formatted as fat32? If not that could be why. I've seen that in one of the AOSP threads anyway. It seems that any CM based rom requires it to be fat32.

FML.

I'm pretty sure I formatted it as FAT32, then went back to TouchWiz ROMs, then flashed PA, now it's wiped.

Oh well, nothing wrong with a fresh start. None of the undelete programs recognized my card anyway.

Thanks for the help though.

Stikman

May 12, 2007
Loving this ROM, but I am having a problem with the latest version. I cannot for the life of me locate the USB debugging option, and since I can't turn that on, Titanium Backup keeps yelling at me every time I launch it.

Beyond that I am loving it and having almost no problems. I am curious about a couple things though.

What are the chances that the stylus functions in the stock ROM can be integrated into PA in the future? I really dislike Touchwiz, but the functionality of the stylus (such as the system being able to tell when I remove it and launch a program in response) seemed incredibly useful.

Also, how possible would it be to change the hardware buttons so that the 2 capacitive buttons are disabled and the mechanical home button brings up pie controls instead of doing the home function. Being able to access the pie controls with the home button would be awesome.

skw5115

Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Loving this ROM, but I am having a problem with the latest version. I cannot for the life of me locate the USB debugging option, and since I can't turn that on, Titanium Backup keeps yelling at me every time I launch it.

Beyond that I am loving it and having almost no problems. I am curious about a couple things though.

What are the chances that the stylus functions in the stock ROM can be integrated into PA in the future? I really dislike Touchwiz, but the functionality of the stylus (such as the system being able to tell when I remove it and launch a program in response) seemed incredibly useful.

Also, how possible would it be to change the hardware buttons so that the 2 capacitive buttons are disabled and the mechanical home button brings up pie controls instead of doing the home function. Being able to access the pie controls with the home button would be awesome.

Settings <Developer options< android debugging

Stikman

May 12, 2007
Settings <Developer options< android debugging

Which does not exist in the most recent version of PA.

M5R0Sri.png

Last edited:
Reactions: BmoreBadBoy

Stikman

May 12, 2007
ok I just posted a screenshot of my options, why don't I have developer options?

I had it when I flashed a version from late January, but then when I flashed the version from 2/8/13, that option disappeared.

v4npro

Mar 8, 2010
Pasadena

Go to about -> status and tap build number 5 times I think.

Reactions: BmoreBadBoy

Stikman

May 12, 2007
Well now, you learn something new every day. This is literally the first time I have installed a ROM that didn't have developer options automatically enabled. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts