[Q] Flashing SPH-L900 from Sprint to MetroPCS?

Search This thread

fhaq

May 7, 2010
Hello all. I'm currently attempting to flash my SPH-L900 (Samsung Note 2) from Sprint to MetroPCS. I've been looking 'round the net for information on doing this and I'm kinda spinning my wheels. I'm getting info that the MEID need to be changed to ESN, I need to obtain the SPC (and the MSL would be nice to have as well), Does anyone have any links to a good tutorial or information they could share on this? I've gotten quite a bit of information already, but I want to be sure I don't brick this phone, and I want to keep full functionality (4G data, text, ect.). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

fhaq

May 7, 2010
Thanks!

That info was right on point. Now I have a solid base knowledge to work off of. Thanks jlmancuso!

Last edited:

fhaq

May 7, 2010
4G speeds?

Anyone know if I'll keep the 4GLTE on the Metro network? I think that it would now that they do 4GLTE.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Doubt it. Most providers use different frequencies for LTE. If they are the same the next issue is our LTE/gsm card is integrated into the board. Not completely sure but think only sprint companies can use the LTE (virgin, ting, etc..).

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

fhaq

May 7, 2010
4G LTE

Doubt it. Most providers use different frequencies for LTE. If they are the same the next issue is our LTE/gsm card is integrated into the board. Not completely sure but think only sprint companies can use the LTE (virgin, ting, etc..).

Well looks like I wont be flashing to Metro then. I didn't even think about different frequencies for LTE. :rolleyes:

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
If the ESPN's are good then you could use one of sprints sister companies. I use cricket and 3g is not bad get between 800k and 1.5 mb. Yes a long way from 4g but if you have WiFi you won't notice the lack of 4g most times.