[TOOL] ClockworkMod Touch 5.8.1.3 Odin Flashable tar (Hercules / T989 / Tmobile)

Search This thread

new ion?

Jan 2, 2012
Victoria, BC
The issue with ROM Manager is that, the phone is a T989D, from Canada, And i also have an S3, with the S3 its also the Canadian version (i747M) i found that because its not the american AT&T Varient (i747), it wont show up in ROM manager when i press on "Flash ClockworkMod the phone wont show up in the list. Also my T989D dosnt have ClockworkMod installed already, it has a basic Android recovery on it. The T989D right now is on ICS, and i want to flash the CyanogenMod 10 on it, thats why i need the ClockworkMod. Any suggestios?

try this

i followed that guide for my D and it worked no problem... and if it comes down to it, there are flashable zips for TWRP in its thread. you can odin that CWM, flash cm10... then use rom manager (which will work for you) to install cwm6. i'm running it just like that... only difference is that i went to cwm5 when i was on GB.

I was unaware that Samsung did the canadian variant again with the 3.... i'll possibly be getting one soon.... ugh...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a Odin flashable tar file for
    Clockworkmod Touch 5.8.1.3 for Tmobile T989 hercules.

Before you guys run and try to flash this via Odin, make sure you read my directions:

(1) Make sure your phone ISN'T connected to your computer.
    (2) Turn off your phone and remove the battery for a few seconds.
    (3) Then insert battery.
    (4) Hold volume up and down button at the same time and while holding them insert the micro usb into the phone (the other end should be already in the computer's usb port prior to this)
    (5) Open Odin as Admin and select PDA.
    (6) Locate "recovery.tar.md5" (the one you downloaded from above link)
    (7) And finally flash.

Hope you guys enjoy this.
    there is an easier (in my opinion) way to do it...just did it an hour ago..worked like a charm

I AM NOT TAKING CREDIT FOR THIS, JUST PASSING IT ALONG

Just flashed cwm touch for T-Mobile. Looks pretty nice. Its available in from rom manager or if you dont wanna pay for it do this

Download the recovery image from here http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager (tmobile Galaxy S2)

Rename it to recovery.img and place it on your sdcard(internal) so it should be at /sdcard/recovery.img

plug phone into computer and get into adb shell from terminal (must have adb working)

then type this: dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22

IF you dont have adb working on your computer you can download terminal emulator from android market and do it from your phone. Same instructions as above.

place recovery.img on sdcard(/sdcard/recovery.img)

open terminal emulator and type: su (allow superuser access if it ask you)

then type: dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22

make sure usb debugging is checked also.

Credit for these instructions belongs to Da_G
    Shouldn't we just buy it for 2 dollars to support Koush? by downloading this you are not supporting his efforts. do the right thing.

My .02

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

The recovery img is posted on his website for free. http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager All I have I done is made it flashable via ODIN since many people have issues while creating a Odin compatible tar. Koush made it available both ways (img for free / via rom manager for $2) so that people who aren't comfortable using Odin can download it hassle free.

It's irritating that people want to put in their 0.02 cents about how we should support the dev by buying this and making it sound like the Flashable tar is like a "cracked" file. All you guys with your 0.02 cents don't know the circumstances of many members of XDA. For some of us $2 is nothing, but for many its a choice between a meal or a addon. Let's keep our 0.02 cents to ourselves. If you guys have nothing constructive to say, keep your comments to yourself and stop trolling.

Thank you.
    That definitely doesn't sound easier than the ops method.
    Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

all you do is put the recovery.img on the internal sd, open terminal emulator and type dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22

done.
    Shouldn't we just buy it for 2 dollars to support Koush? by downloading this you are not supporting his efforts. do the right thing.

My .02

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App