[SUCCESS!] Petition about possibility to unlock bootloader

Search This thread

reas0n

Dec 23, 2010
Google Pixel 6
95 signs! thanks very much, please keep it :)
after 100 i'll try to msg LG

@edit 116! and mail:
"Thank you for contacting our department.
We’d like to inform You that Your email has been forwarded to the appropriate department of LG."
hope they'll reply soon

Last edited:

Hilmy

Jan 20, 2012
Hope this works out.

Would like to buy the optimus 4x HD, but without a unlockable bootloader? NO thanks

speedyranger

Nov 4, 2011
Liverpool
Massive trolling, lets get to work and polemize then!

https://www.facebook.com/LGMobile?sk=wall
Post here, lets complain about it!

img.php

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Received an email today from the LG OSDC. Here's what it said:

Thank you for your interest about our mobile phone.
    “We received your request on LG Open Source Code Distribution site(http://opensource.lge.com).

This site is just for providing source codes of FOSS(Free and Open Source Software) we have used in our product.” Currently we are considering methods and target models for bootloader unlock to allow customers to install a custom OS(Operating System).

We are looking for efficient and safe methods to support it, and the target model will be selected with careful consideration. (e.g technical barrier such as platform limitation and/or mobile carrier’s policy).We will let you know when we are ready to support unlocking the bootloader.It is regrettable that we cannot give you the answer right away.

We hope this information will help you.

Thank you.Sincerely yours, LGE MC Company Open Source Code Distribution Center
    For those lacking inspiration, here is what I wrote to LG:

Hello,

I am the happy owner of a brand new LG Optimus 4X HD phone, and I am really thrilled by how powerful and nice it is.

However, since the specifications of this phone are clearly aimed toward power users, and since it can easily compete with frontrunners such as Samsung GS3 or HTC OneX while being more afordable, it would be great to be able to unleash the full power of the device by installing the latest versions of software. Such a possibility would definitely make this phone one of the best deals on the market.

In order to do so, it would be awesome to have the bootloader of the Optimus 4X HD unlocked.

Additionally, it would be interesting to have a planning of software updates for this phone, most notably to know wheither or not this phone will be updated to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, and if so, when.

I will probably not be the only one to send you such a mail, as LG phone users have signed a petition which has, as of today, gathered over a thousand signatures:
    Link to the petition, which I can not yet post here.

Please take into consideration the whishes of your users. Your products are good, and so are your prices, it would be a shame to loose customers for lack of software support...

Many thanks, best regards,
    Hi!
    I hope You'll help to realize this petition, please share it wherever is it possible :)
    Please copy this thread to phones which haven't unlocked bootloader yet.

http://www.change.org/petitions/lg-...opportunity-to-unlock-bootloader-in-lg-phones
    UPDATE:

As You know, we have success with 4X, which will be soon unlocked with JB update.
    I heard that L series will be unlocked soon too :)

Dear Sebastian

Thank you for your interest about our mobile phone.

“We received your request on LG Open Source Code Distribution site(http://opensource.lge.com).
    This site is just for providing source codes of FOSS(Free and Open Source Software) we have used in our product.”

We meant that Next OS version is JellyBean.
    And the other phones will be unlocked step by step when the decision has made.
    Please wait for more times.

We hope this information will help you.

Thank you.
    Sincerely yours,

LGE MC Company Open Source Code Distribution Center
    Email : opensource-mc@lge.com

i can say quietly, that we have success :)
    I sent them that in hope that it helps:

Hello,

I am the happy owner of a brand new LG Optimus 4X HD phone, and I am really thrilled by how powerful and nice it is. It's the best phone I ever had.

However, since the specifications of this phone are clearly aimed toward power users, and since it can easily compete with frontrunners such as Samsung GS3 or HTC OneX while being more afordable, it would be great to be able to unleash the full power of the device by installing the latest versions of software. Such a possibility would definitely make this phone one of the best deals on the market. At the moment the price is so low, because, like we all know, you are very slow with the software updates. If consumers like me, could install custom OSs like CyanogenMod, the sells of this phone would instantly grow. The device is awesome, because it has the possibility of expanding the memory and it has an awesome IPS-screen.

In order to do so, it would be awesome to have the bootloader of the Optimus 4X HD unlocked. We are many developers, and a lot more users, so we could reallly unleash the full power, and you don't have to do anything except unlocking the bootloader. At the moment the 4X HD has the best hardware on the market, but the customers don't buy it because there is no chance for the newest OS (Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, which was released by Google a short time ago), because he P880 is stuck on 4.0 ICS. The Optimus G won't be a sucess, with locked bootloader and the new Nexus. If you unlock the bootloaders of all LG-phones you will see, you will sell more of them.

So additionally, it would be interesting to have a planning of software updates for this phone (P880), most notably to know wheither or not this phone will be updated to Android 4.1 (or even 4.2) Jelly Bean, and if so, when.

I will probably not be the only one to send you such a mail, as LG phone users have signed a petition which has, as of today, gathered over a thousand signatures:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/lg-...opportunity-to-unlock-bootloader-in-lg-phones

Please take into consideration the whishes of your users. Your products are good, and so are your prices, it would be a shame to loose customers for lack of software support...

Many thanks, best regards,
    (My Name)

I, as you said, gave it my touch^^