My Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Overheating

Search This thread

K3RN3L H3LP3R

Apr 13, 2015
Berlin
Any REAL solution? I don't want turn my phone to Nokia 3310..

A real solution could be installing a rom that doesnt consist all the bloatware that samsung installed on stock rom. Because these pre installed apps also run in Background. I personally prefer roms by Albe95 just try them out. There running smoothly and you could change CPU Settings that also avoids overheating. You can also control the overheating mechanism, that means you can lower the value for that mechanism so that your cpu will be throttled down much faster then before. (lowering to much will result in laggs/freezes)

Tromick

Jul 14, 2014
A real solution could be installing a rom that doesnt consist all the bloatware that samsung installed on stock rom. Because these pre installed apps also run in Background. I personally prefer roms by Albe95 just try them out. There running smoothly and you could change CPU Settings that also avoids overheating. You can also control the overheating mechanism, that means you can lower the value for that mechanism so that your cpu will be throttled down much faster then before. (lowering to much will result in laggs/freezes)
It looks nice. Fmp v5 s4 vs this?

Dhairya

May 29, 2013
THANE
Xiaomi Poco F3
Anyone has voltage kernel with them v15 please upload it and set max frequency to 900mhz it will solve things re format sd card it will work it wont heat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Samsung Representative Pitch ;)

Hi Everyone,

I am back..
    So the news are...
    I was talking to a Samsung representative. We did cache clear hard and soft reset..
    1. It will not erase any data from phone.
    1. Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).
    2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Power key.
    3. When the device vibrates; release only the Power key.
    4. When the Android recovery menu is displayed; release the Volume Up key.
    5. Navigate with the Volume keys to the "wipe cache partitions" option and press the Power key to select.

has NOT helped the phone.. They told me that i can call them on a toll free number to get other solutions..But try it out guys maybe it helps for you.

Okay it was not enough for me.. Waited like 2 hrs and get back into Live Chat again.,,
    This guy said almost the same except hard reset.. he was not so good like the first one :)) Anyway.. the phone still overheating

So now the other solution is to use my 600$ worth phone in safe mode and see what happens.. Which means you can only use pre-installed applications..
    Safe Mode:
    1.Power the device off.
    2.Press and hold the Power key for one or two seconds to turn on the device.
    3.When the Samsung logo displays, press and hold the Volume down key until the lock screen displays.
    Result: If successful, Safe Mode will appear on the device screen in the bottom left corner.

But if i turn off the samsung push and link the temperature goes down by 4-5'C degrees anyway..

So after these things.. I realized it is still having the " S Fry " feature so i went back to t-mobile and got an other replacement.
    Still overheating. Going to bring back tomorrow.
    Although when im making a normal call it is not overheating. But when i am using any app with internet ex. Viber..The S Fry function turns on.

One interesting thing. I went into Wallmart and met with a guy in the lane while i was waiting.. Guess what.. He had the S4 white from ATT.. HE said that it is not overheating.. Actually he just bought the phone but he was using the internet when i asked him..
    Maybe he is a bloody liar.. i wanted to get his phone number to keep in touch :laugh: Sounds crazy i know.. but he got out before me so i could not catch him ;D

That is the story for today. Ill go to T-mobile tomorrow as well :D I think they love me there. So i try to not let you guys down and find the solution..
    Not like my ma..she just left me coz a stupid thing which is not even true ;D anyway..im diffrent I'm different ;DD

So i keep posting the news until i will fed up ;)) Hope it helps
    people with overheating... try stopping the media process from manage applications menu, both from running process and cached process. it surely reduces the heat to great extent.

And format your external cards if it still does it.

OH. For those who live in really cold places, it's a feature. S Warmer. ;)
    When I'm using in the car I put the phone directly to the a/c flow to keep cold and it's works.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium

Nice. I also started living inside my deep freezer ever since I got my s4. Totally Worth it !

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda premium
    Which app is used to check the temperature? Because after update, *#0228# does not shows any temperature info.
    Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

This is what I use, very good :)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sensirion.ambientsensing

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium
    When I bought the S2 back in 2011 it had the same problem. I've tried numerous ROM's and some were better than others at minimizing the back overheating but none of them completely cured it. Of course each time the phone overheated, the battery took a big hit

I then bought the Note 2 in September last year and Wow! I was impressed...faster CPU yet absolutely no overheating. I thought Samsung has finally solved this issue

Today I bought the S4 and sold the Note 2. What a big mistake! It overheats in almost any application, camera being the worst.