[1-1-10][VGA]Sense 2.1 and Manila 2.1 Panoramic Background

Search This thread

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
1 January 2010
VGA Panoramic Mod for kimi_sae_ireba Sense 2.1.19202517.0
I have updated the panoramic mod to work with kimi_sae_ireba's Sense 2.1.19202517.0 VGA port. This version uses the same background files (67ea4038_manila, 67fc58b9_manila, & 680e713a_manila) for both portrait and landscape. Previous panoramic wallpapers made for portrait will work fine with this mod. You can find many panoramic wallpapers in this thread or many more in this thread at ppcgeeks.com.

mwalt2 kimi Sense 2.1 Panorama.cab

mwalt2 kimi Sense 2.1 Panorama EXT

NRG kimi Sense 2.1 Panorama.cab*
*NRG version is full cab, no need to install the other cab (or you can uninstall and install this one). It will also work to fix the sliding position if you already have the original cab installed. Please post if it works for you on nrg rom.

VGA Panoramic Mod for Gen.Y Manila 2.1

9 September 2009 update
-Fixed black curtain in secondary menus for Gen.Y Panorama v2b.cab

1 September 2009 update to v2b
-Updated/optimized lua script thanks to theboostman
_____-Default black curtain while sliding in all secondary menus (ie Music-Library) now
-Preview Icon while sliding made semi-transparent (75% opacity)
-Changed to Kamill's CompactHome Classic Full in 'VGA Gen.Y 2.1 Panorama with mods', as date, alarm, and carrier are all present in same layout as stock.

31 August 2009 update to v2a
-Fixed right side of landscape image not aligning with end of screen
-Made 'VGA Gen.Y 2.1 Panorama with mods' compatible with all Manila 2.1 language packs (also updated in 'v2.0 with mods')
-Added Kamill's CompactHome Standard to 'VGA Gen.Y 2.1 Panorama with mods'.
_____-Now shows 3 appointments on homescreen, 4 when clock pushed up, and auto-hiding call history.

21 August 2009 update to v2.0
-Compatible with all tab counts now
-Opaque background on all level 1 manila menus
-Again thanks to theboostman for these nice improvents!

20 August 2009 update to v1.2
-No more lines in portrait thanks to theboostman!
-Tweaked background image size to fix alignment issue at bottom of screen

17 August 2009 update to v1.1
-Added version for people who want 8 tabs in TF3D2.1 interface (is compatible with >4 tabs selected, image will not show when 4 or fewer tabs are present). Please note that 'Library' menus under music tab will not have a white background with the 8 tab compatible version.
-Fixed minor portrait image skew
-Improved landscape panorama - now uses the same 1536x512 image as portrait (can use same 512x512 image for both landscape and portrait now). It should also adjust correctly now to differing amounts of tabs.
-Changed Alarm icon​

2wod5rn.jpg

This is a panoramic mod for yozgatg's Gen.Y Manila 2.1 VGA port. Thanks go to yozgatg for his great port, NisseDILLIGAF and rotastrain for the panoramic mods they created, and Chainfire and 6Fg8 for their great development tools. This is based almost entirely on rotastrain's work, including being able to display the panoramic background while scrolling. I mainly got it to fit VGA correctly and changed the landscape panoramic view so that you can see the full wallpaper and it is not cut off. Many thanks to theboostman for removing lines in portrait mode and making the opaque white background appear in all menus and Kamill for the CompactHomeScreen mod.

You can watch a video of it in action here.

Gen.Y Panorama v2b contains only the panoramic manila files and the two backgrounds pictured above, so that you will still have the same slider, curtains, clock, etc.

Gen.Y Panorama with mods v2b.cab contains the panoramic manila files, and the two backgrounds pictured above, as well as the hidden when inactive call history/calendar (compatible with 25 languages), black-glass flip clock, Lucarp78's transparent slider, no curtains, and Kamill's CompactHome Classic Full. This is the version pictured and in the video. The icons by bullet7722 are not included.

Gen.Y Panorama mods v2b-No CompactHome
contains all things in Gen.Y Panorama with mods v.2b.cab except the CompactHome mod.

Gen.Y pano-slide move down fix 2b.cab will move the image down if it moves higher while sliding. Seems to be needed with NRG's Roms.

Known issues
-Some people are having the image move up/down while sliding across tabs. If this happens to use, please try the Gen.Y pano-slide move down fix.cab (do not uninstall VGA Gen.Y Panorama cab).
-Two thin vertical lines may appear on background in landscape mode

See Post #2 for more backgrounds!

Last edited:

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
FAQ, Additional Languages for Hidden Mod, Wallpapers, and clocks

Install all image cabs to main memory. They need to be in /windows to work.

FAQ:
1) I have Energy ROM and get blend of original background with the panoramic one.
See solution posted by hefman HERE.

2) What are the two thin vertical lines between images in landscape?
They are a by-product of the way the mod is written and cannot be fixed at this time.

3) The image moves up while sliding.
Please try Gen.Y pano-slide move down fix.cab from post #1.

Creating your own images:
Panoramic images for created as with the other panoramic mods (so search if you need a detailed guide :)). Briefly, a 1536x512 panoramic picture is made into 3 sequential 512x512 .png images (named pano1,pano2,pano3 or whatever.). These images are then placed into 67ea4038_manila, 67fc58b9_manila, and 680e713a_manila for portrait with cfcgui and cfc compressed (optional). 6832a23c_manila, 6844babd_manila, and 682089BB_manila are the files for landscape. Copy them to /windows on your device and overwrite the ones there to change the background (requires restart of tf3d2.1). Manila files to edit are in Gen.Y Pano Background files.zip.

Guide for creating your own wallpapers by rotastrain.

Cabs for backgrounds I've made. Click image to download and restart manila/phone once cab is installed:
Most contain portrait and landscape cabs, so you can choose which you want. The zip contains cabs and larger .jpg to preview before install if you wish. Preview is portrait mode, landscape may be cropped.

___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___

Blue neurons for landscape here - cannot attach more images, so only link from now on in post #2.

Atlanta, GA skyline

Panoramas made by users here:

Portrait panorama by iullian here.

Portrait panorama by hansch here.

Portrait and landscape by Aaron McCarthy here. Updated to 1.1 here.

Deep Sky by Aaron McCarthy. Updated to 1.1 here.

Several nice wallpaper cabs here by bedoig

Planet new york, 1st batch, 2nd batch, 3rd batch, 4th batch, 5th batch, and 6th batch by drunkbastard

Planets Pano by savage25rcracer.

The clock with 'no icons' removes the calendar and phone icon if you are using the cab with mods.

Bullet+TouchFlo+Tab+04.cab will give you the icons seen in post 1.

For Reference:
NisseDILLIGAF's panoramic background.

rotastrains Mods for tf3d2 [Panoramic Background] in xperia forum

Attachments

• Bullet+TouchFlo+Tab+04.cab
    453.8 KB · Views: 977
Last edited:

Cal-El

Jul 22, 2008
Golden Valley, MN
Awesome, I just cooked it into my new ROM for the Fuze, build 23028 and it is stunning! Thank you for all your hard work! BTW, how good are you at editing lua files for manila? :)

iullian

Aug 10, 2008
I simply love your mod. Please compress me these three manila or just create the three manila files from this attachments. I would be very very gratefull, as I don't know how to compress them.

Attachments

• panoramic.zip
    190.5 KB · Views: 132

iullian

Aug 10, 2008
I succeeded. These are the working ones (Created from Nero's wallpaper). Great app !!!

Attachments

• panoramic.jpg
    panoramic.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 591

jok3sta

Mar 8, 2006
Wow this is soo sweet.. thank you for this.. I cant wait to see what backgrounds people come up with..

hansch

Mar 23, 2005
Melbourne
Can someone make one similar to the HTC Hero background?

EDIT: I'm trying to make one but I can't find a suitable background...

Last edited:

rotastrain

Apr 18, 2009
Pune
www.rauteyecare.com
nice to see my mod on the vga screen!

you can see how to make a panoramic background here at my original thread

JUST ADD THESE LINKS SO THAT PEOPLE CAN MAKE THEIR OWN BACKGROUNDS AND SHARE THEM

HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND??
SEE HERe

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=516638

main thread-with many backgrounds made by many members
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=506654

the already existing skin thread is here having a number of skins for this.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=538226

Cheers
Rota

ps..i loved the background:D

Last edited:

superkevx

Feb 13, 2009
installing the one with mods made my call log and calender text disappear but the icons are still on the first tab. Still clickable, any way to remove or hide the icons? Or even reveal the text again, that would be cool.

rotastrain

Apr 18, 2009
Pune
www.rauteyecare.com
installing the one with mods made my call log and calender text disappear but the icons are still on the first tab. Still clickable, any way to remove or hide the icons? Or even reveal the text again, that would be cool.
mwalt can u tell me where you got the hide call history mod?its still clickable.using a ._visible=false and a listener it can be enabled disabled..

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Hi superkevx. Sorry, I forgot to put the black glass clock files in the original VGA_Gen.Y_Manila_2.1_Panorama_with_mods.cab. Re-download it from the first post and it will give you the glass clock pictured. If you'd like to remove the icons yourself (and keep your current clock), open 1bbfdc9b_manila with cfcgui and click Save as... to get a .png. Open the png in photoshop or other editing software and delete the phone with exclamation mark, calendar icon, and alarm icon in the top right (the one that's more transparent). Then use the Replace with... option of cfcgui to change the image to the one you modified.

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
mwalt can u tell me where you got the hide call history mod?its still clickable.using a ._visible=false and a listener it can be enabled disabled..
The hide call history is just simply deleting the following from 590ad244_manila (xml file):
Code:
       </trans-unit>
      <trans-unit id="IDS_NOMISSEDCALL">
        <source>[b]Call History[/b]</source>
      </trans-unit>

to

</trans-unit>
      <trans-unit id="IDS_NOMISSEDCALL">
        <source></source>
      </trans-unit>
This leaves it still clickable and it displayed missed calls or voicemails. The same can be done for the calendar by deleting the text between <source></source> of IDS_NOAPPOINTMENTS. You can get rid of the icons as in the post above. Thanks again for all of your work!

hansch

Mar 23, 2005
Melbourne
HTC Hero Panorama Mod v1

Thanks guys. I've used photoshop, cfcgui and cab manager to create my own mod. It is based on mwalt's "VGA_Gen.Y_Manila_2.1_Panorama_with_mods.cab" but with the panorama background changed to my HTC Hero version and I've also changed it so call history and calendar is showing. I've also attached the HTC Hero wallpaper that I am using.

I've got one question though. When I slide manila, I can see the very very fine "line break" between the 3 512x512 pages. This happens with mwalt's cab as well. Any idea why this is happening and any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 408
  • htc_wallpaper_01.jpg
    htc_wallpaper_01.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 400

rotastrain

Apr 18, 2009
Pune
www.rauteyecare.com
Im answering these question as i am the original developer and mwalt will not no the answer to this:

the line is based on the image quality.it is a long discussed issue which i have tried to solve as much as possible.what remains cannot be solved.

Last edited:

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
mwalt..y dont u use my latest panorama?with the moving slider and the moving icons?
This is based off of your latest version (at least I think). I used 'Rotastrain panosidetoside 3.0 without widgets all aeralier.cab'. I just liked it better with the slider icon stationary in the middle - just my preference :). I guess I'm just used to it since I used NisseDILLIGAF's panoramic mod for so long. If anyone is interested, it's easy to add rotastrain's code for it back into the .lua...just let me know (you can see how it works in rotastrain's xperia panoramic thread).

Cal-El

Jul 22, 2008
Golden Valley, MN
This is based off of your latest version (at least I think). I used 'Rotastrain panosidetoside 3.0 without widgets all aeralier.cab'. I just liked it better with the slider icon stationary in the middle - just my preference :). I guess I'm just used to it since I used NisseDILLIGAF's panoramic mod for so long. If anyone is interested, it's easy to add rotastrain's code for it back into the .lua...just let me know (you can see how it works in rotastrain's xperia panoramic thread).
Anyway you could port rotastrains hyperfluid simple to VGA, that would realy be something! :)

Mayonesa

Jan 31, 2009
ok... if i download the cab, i just install it and im good to go?

as far as the backgrounds, where do i install them?

thanks for the help

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
Updated post #2 with 11 backgrounds, all but 2 (city and bridge) contain both portrait and landscape files.

ok... if i download the cab, i just install it and im good to go?

as far as the backgrounds, where do i install them?

thanks for the help
Yes, all you need to do is download and install the cab of your choice. The one labeld 'with mods' will make your homescreen look like in the pictures of post #1 (minus tray icons). The one without is panorama files only. The cabs in post #1 contain the backgrounds shown in that post. Look in post #2 for more or read the explanation (post 1) and linked guides (post 2) to create your own.