Android 4.0.X for Streak7 [WIP] [CM9][TEMP CLOSED]

Search This thread

nikoltu

Feb 5, 2011
Vilnius
Are the devs still working on this or this project is dead cuz didn't see any news or new releases in a while?

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA Premium HD app

nagahtom

Jun 15, 2010
Need a little help. I just tried to NVflash this ROM and got the following error. Any suggestions on how to get past this? I've searched and haven't had any luck with this specific problem.

I'm running Honeycomb 3.2 trying to NVflash from a Linux PC. I've downloaded ICS_B4 twice with the same results.

nvflash --bct Streak7.bct --setbct --configfile android_2gb.cfg --create --bl bootloader.bin --odmdata 0x8b0c0011 --go
Nvflash started
rcm version 0X20001
System Information:
chip name: t20
chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3
chip sku: 0x8
chip uid: 0x0288424140604297
macrovision: disabled
hdcp: enabled
sbk burned: false
dk burned: false
boot device: emmc
operating mode: 3
device config strap: 0
device config fuse: 0
sdram config strap: 0

sending file: Streak7.bct
- 4080/4080 bytes sent
Streak7.bct sent successfully
failed executing command 6 NvError 0x120002
odm data failure NvError 0x0
command failure: bootloader download failed (bad data)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Wetzel402

Are the devs still working on this or this project is dead cuz didn't see any news or new releases in a while?

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Yes they are but they are both very busy people. It will come of age in time.

Need a little help. I just tried to NVflash this ROM and got the following error. Any suggestions on how to get past this? I've searched and haven't had any luck with this specific problem.

I'm running Honeycomb 3.2 trying to NVflash from a Linux PC. I've downloaded ICS_B4 twice with the same results.

nvflash --bct Streak7.bct --setbct --configfile android_2gb.cfg --create --bl bootloader.bin --odmdata 0x8b0c0011 --go
Nvflash started
rcm version 0X20001
System Information:
chip name: t20
chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3
chip sku: 0x8
chip uid: 0x0288424140604297
macrovision: disabled
hdcp: enabled
sbk burned: false
dk burned: false
boot device: emmc
operating mode: 3
device config strap: 0
device config fuse: 0
sdram config strap: 0

- 4080/4080 bytes sent

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Just by looking at it I would confirm that your files are in fact in the folder where they belong and also confirm your usb driver.

I did have a problem one time with my Windows PC over not having my driver installed properly for one usb port. Nvflash would start but would then fail shortly after and the output in command prompt was similar to your terminal.

nagahtom

Jun 15, 2010
Thanks for the quick response Wetzel.

I was under the impression I didn't need to load any USB drivers for Linux so I'll back track on that. Also, I have the Linux version of NVflash in my path and I run it from the directory that I extracted the ICS_B4.zip into. All of the files in the zip are in the same directory.

Again, thanks for the valuable support.

nagahtom

Jun 15, 2010
Regarding the nvflash error I'm getting when I try to flash ICS_B4, I saw in the [ROM][RC2.1] HoneyStreak HD7 2.0 (3.2) forum that someone had the same issue and they dropped the odmdata switch from the command line and it installed DJ_Steve's HoneyStreak successfully.

Does anyone know what that switch does and if it is truly required for this ROM install?

- 4080/4080 bytes sent

[Edit]
Well, I broke down and pulled out my POS Windows PC and Installed this ROM. I have to say, Giveen and DJ_Steve, you guys did a GREAT job!

Thanks to everyone who tried to help with the Linux NVflash issue.

Last edited:

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Just a small niggle: even though the S7 is technically a varient of ventana (and named thus in the official rom still), is it ever going to get renamed to properly streak7 and leave all this sillyness behind?

Though more importantly: would renaming it break anything? It wouldnt really be worth the time if renaming it required you to fix up code to get it to work, time better spent elsewhere of course.

If it ever becomes stable enough, any plans on submitting it to become an official cm9 device? Poking around on the device tree, it seems fairly organized and stuff. I'd imagine the closer it gets to being release-stable, the more it would resemble an official CM9 rom/device.

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
It wouldn't actually hurt anything but there are lots of things to rename.

I still need to upload a directory "vendor/nvidia" which contains a few more things that are needed I think.

Plus the "./extract-files.sh" needs the proprietary files, so you will have to modify that script to point your local copy of all your proprietary files.

Last edited:

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
at least with extract-files.sh, it should use env variables regardless.

i think its like $manu/$device or something to that degree.

the device trees on the official gits have working proper examples.

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
at least with extract-files.sh, it should use env variables regardless.

i think its like $manu/$device or something to that degree.

the device trees on the official gits have working proper examples.

I think Steve wrote that script because it was easier and faster. Plus I am assuming he doesn't exactly have the server in his room (same with me) so it was easier to have it all use a copy script.

snargledorf

Aug 17, 2010
Derby, CT
It wouldn't actually hurt anything but there are lots of things to rename.

I still need to upload a directory "vendor/nvidia" which contains a few more things that are needed I think.

Plus the "./extract-files.sh" needs the proprietary files, so you will have to modify that script to point your local copy of all your proprietary files.

So quick question. Where is the nvidia device tree from? I have searched hi and low, but have yet to find anything.

Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using Tapatalk 2

nagahtom

Jun 15, 2010
Giveen,

I searched the forum and didn't see anything about an issue with superuser.

When I go into superuser settings, I get "Unfortunately Superuser has stopped."
Not a big deal but I thought I'd mention it to you.

Great ROM. Thank you for putting all of this together.

giveen

Jul 6, 2010
Caldwell, ID
Giveen,

I searched the forum and didn't see anything about an issue with superuser.

When I go into superuser settings, I get "Unfortunately Superuser has stopped."
Not a big deal but I thought I'd mention it to you.

Great ROM. Thank you for putting all of this together.

SU works, just app doesn't work. Try removing and reinstalling. The app is an older one, but the newer one on the market should fix the problem. If not, oh well, SU still works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for any damage or problems caused to your device or yourself by flashing this BETA build.
    This is known not to be fully retail quality software and therefore is expected to have bugs and problems

The Team
    snargledorf - Kernel/Research/Developer
    Giveen - Kernel/Research/Noob/PR/Developer
    DJ_Steve - ROM/Kernel/Developer

Info:
    Android 4.0.4
    Kernel: 2.6.36.3

GPL stuff:
    https://github.com/Team-Streak

Working
    Code:
    Wifi
    GApps
    Audio
    Touchscreen
    Superuser
    Rotation Sensors
    Capacitive buttons
    GPU Accleration
    GPS
    ADB

Not Working
    Code:
    3G/4G Radios
    Camera

If you have a rooted HC on stock partition you can use this .zip for CWR that TheManii put together
    http://d-h.st/xn6

DJ_Steve = for all your hardwork in this project, without you, it wouldn't have been done.
    Rayman
    Cyanogenmod

TO DO
    Camera
    Radios

13z1xz5.jpg

So I've made a little bit of progress.

Working:
    Wifi (new)
    Internal and external sd cards (new)
    Touchscreen

Broken:
    Bluetooth
    3G? (Not sure since I have a wifi only streak, but I am almost positive it is)
    Locking/sleeping (Still causes the device to reboot)
    Screen rotation

Things to-do (In order of priority):
    1. Fix reboots
    2. Fix bluetooth
    3. Fix screen rotation
    4. Anything else I find

Still not ready to send out test builds because of the reboots. Once I get those squared away I will probably start working with Giveen and Manii on a release ready alpha build.
    snargledorf is the man....
    AyBMSZwCQAA62a-.jpg
    So I'm going to ask the same question as the others have, is the camera issue still being worked on or has that been given up on until Dell releases some development parts? I can handle lag and I'm on wifi only so the 3g/4g radios is no problem but the camera part is a deal killer for me. I use the camera, at least the front one, to talk to my family. Has anyone tried to enlist the help of droidhive? Those guys had ICS on the razor and the bionic working fully before moto released anything. Not trying to get in the way our tell you how to do anything, just looking to find you some help.

Sent from a Hacked, Modded and customized Streak 7

I actually have made some huge progress on the camera HAL. For the longest time we got "cannot connect to camera" and in the logcat I would see "cannot locate camera HAL" but I am no longer seeing this as I work toward camera working.

I actually get camera app up and running but just see a black screen.
    only reason it says betelgeues as device is thats the market id its using as im using a heavily modded device tree based off that one otherwise its custom