[Q] Using Verizon Note 2 with AT&T

Search This thread

tlgrooms

Feb 11, 2011
Maumelle
I have a Verizon Galaxy Note 2 that I am trying to get to work with AT&T. The phone is rooted and I have the awesome N3BULA rom installed. AT&T is now cheaper so I am switching over. Verizon is just too darn expensive.

I went by my local AT&T store and picked up a new SIM card, brought it home and put in my phone. Called AT&T and activated the sim card on my plan (they said for some reason the IMEI was showing a tablet, I explained it was a global phone and they activated the card). I was told to turn the phone off and wait 5 minutes and turn back on and it would be working.

When I turn the phone on I am not showing a signal, all I am getting is a circle with a slash through it. Hate to call them back before I check to see if there's anything else I need to do to get it working. I have added the APN information but still no go.

Anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

Tim

roflcoptersoisoi

Mar 4, 2014
No go into settings, more settings, mobile networks, network mode. Change it to gsm

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

tlgrooms

Feb 11, 2011
Maumelle
Tried switching to both GSM and Global and neither had any affect. Could it be the custom rom changed the radios and caused this?

roflcoptersoisoi

Mar 4, 2014
I doubt. The i605 has a different radio from all the other note 2 iirc. Hmm screen shot your apn settings and post them. I'm using my i605 on at&t on a Verizon rom

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited: