G3 F400K that thinks it's a F400L

Search This thread

OZJeff

Jun 26, 2014
Macquarie Park
Hello,

Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to get my F400K that thinks it's a F400L back to F400K?

I tried a couple of the custom roms from the G3 Development forum, but now I want to flash back to stock firmware and the LG Firmware tool errors out and says that CrossDL F400L to F400K error.

Recovery screen shows KTV49L.F400L10A if it helps in anyway.

I just signed up so I'm not able to post this message on the custom rom /development thread.

Cheers,
Jeff

windwave

May 7, 2010
Hello,

Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to get my F400K that thinks it's a F400L back to F400K?

I tried a couple of the custom roms from the G3 Development forum, but now I want to flash back to stock firmware and the LG Firmware tool errors out and says that CrossDL F400L to F400K error.

Recovery screen shows KTV49L.F400L10A if it helps in anyway.

I just signed up so I'm not able to post this message on the custom rom /development thread.

Cheers,
Jeff

I'm in the same boat, but the other way round. My F400L comes with a F400K firmware and now I can't update it. I've tried flashing the stock firmware following the guide and also got an error saying wrong device model.

jms.flynn

Jul 10, 2008
I'm in the same boat, but the other way round. My F400L comes with a F400K firmware and now I can't update it. I've tried flashing the stock firmware following the guide and also got an error saying wrong device model.

You need to you file explorer with root access and access system/build.prop change your model number in there to F400L and then then restore with the F400L firmware and DLL file using Flash Tool.

OZJeff

Jun 26, 2014
Macquarie Park
You need to you file explorer with root access and access system/build.prop change your model number in there to F400L and then then restore with the F400L firmware and DLL file using Flash Tool.

I had a hunch that this was the case, do you know which exact setting that needs to be changed?

I see references to F400L on the following settings

ro.build.id
ro.build.version.incremental
ro.lge.factoryversion
ro.lge.swvesion
ro,product.model
ro.build.description

Cheers.

T.R.A.N.C.E.

Jun 30, 2014
I've got the same issue as windwave, my F400L came with F400K firmware and I can't update. So did anyone find a way to get their phone back to the correct firmware and update successfully afterwards?

OZJeff

Jun 26, 2014
Macquarie Park
I've got the same issue as windwave, my F400L came with F400K firmware and I can't update. So did anyone find a way to get their phone back to the correct firmware and update successfully afterwards?

I was able to use a modified F400K .dll from another thread here, from there I was able to restore to the latest 10g factory firmware and re-flashed it again with the stock .dll.

Top Liked Posts