[ROM] WestfireROM Flyer v3.0 | v3.55.405.1 US WIFI DeOdexed | 3.2.1 | HC | 12/3/11

Search This thread

Westfire

Nov 6, 2008
Kansas City
Title.jpg

htc-flyer.jpg

2011-12-03_13-37-48.jpg
2011-12-03_13-40-09.jpg

This ROM is based on the latest HTC Honeycomb leaked build (v3.55.405.1) and includes all of the HTC goodies. I am a fairly new developer and for now I intend in keeping a stock-like ROM with as much user choice as possible. I may eventually expand into some different themes but for now this ROM will be stock.

Special thanks to globatron, i00, pardonmyfreedom, empiire, jdeloach, Juwe11, SteelH, paulobrien, TeamWin, Synergy Team and everyone involved in the Revolutionary project for all the different scripts, root methods, and mods. You guys are awesome!

DONATIONS (Thank you very much!): ILRider

NOTES AND DISCLAIMERS:
  • You must be rooted to flash this ROM, so go here and follow globatron's guide to learn how to get S-OFF and set up to install this ROM
  • Be sure to do a backup before flashing and read the change log below
  • l assume no responsibility for any damage you may cause to your tablet.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Copy the ZIP download to the root of your SD Card (physical SD card, not internal memory)
  • Power off the tablet and reboot to recovery by holding the VOLUME DOWN and powering on the tablet
  • A full data/cache wipe is recommended before flashing
  • Navigate to "Install ZIP from SDCard" within recovery and install
  • Reboot tablet

Donations always accepted but never expected!

WestfireROM Flyer v3.0 - 12/3/2011 - Download MD5 - 809333755DB9C840032DB926CC62A104
  • New base v3.55.405.1
  • All speed tweaks and scripts below from v2.0 included
  • Updated Market 3.3.11
  • Updated Gmail 2.3.5.2
  • Updated Maps 6.0.0
  • Updated AdFree 0.8.41
  • Updated Facebook 1.7.2
  • Updated Titanium Backup 4.6.4.1
  • Added Google+ 2.1.1.219805

WestfireROM Flyer v2.0 - 9/7/2011 - Download MD5 - 2F0BF49357765635AF4B1DEAF29736F6
  • Based on v3.10.405.156
  • Added AdFree
  • Added Titanium Backup
  • Added Netflix
  • Added Root Explorer
  • Added Transformer Ice Cube LWP
  • Enabled 3D Homescreen to Settings/Display
  • No SIM card notifications
  • USB Debugging Icon removed
  • Enabled hardware acceleration
  • Tweaked WiFi scan to save battery
  • Tweaked Native Screenshot (Power + Home)
  • Browser debug menus unlocked
  • Enabled Dolby Mobile sound enhancer
  • Enabled screen calibration
  • Added TV Out functionality
  • RAM optimization script
  • Speed optimization script
  • Battery calibration script
  • Changed Dalvik heapsize
  • Rooted & Deodexed
  • Zipaligned on boot
  • SD card speed fix
  • Added SU
  • Added Busybox
  • Added startup script support for Busybox (/system/etc/init.d/)
  • Added sysro+sysrw
  • Added bash shell support

Last edited:

Westfire

Nov 6, 2008
Kansas City
Now that I am finally home, I split out the GB and HC ROMs into separate threads since I know there are people who didn't make the jump to HC.

Reactions: legend221

Westfire

Nov 6, 2008
Kansas City
I hope so. Since it was discovered we can't go back to GB at this time, any release I have will be more of a beta since I can't thoroughly test it. However, if I run into problems I will probably stop development on it because the last thing I want to do is develop something that doesn't work and I can't accurately test. I take pride in what I release and I try to make it as bug free as possible.

Scabes24

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 24, 2008
Seattle, WA
I hope so. Since it was discovered we can't go back to GB at this time, any release I have will be more of a beta since I can't thoroughly test it. However, if I run into problems I will probably stop development on it because the last thing I want to do is develop something that doesn't work and I can't accurately test. I take pride in what I release and I try to make it as bug free as possible.
I completely agree, which is why I was asking. ;)

Seems like all flyer chefs are "stuck" with HC atm so I'm sure they're thinking the same thing.

Sent from my HTC Flyer.

dwny

May 25, 2006
CLT / BKLYN
Great work....
Question:
I see you've included the Sense clock in the pic, do you include any other Sense widgets?
If you threw in the Agenda/Calendar widget, I'm sold
Again, thanks for your hard work.

mcnoiserdc

Dec 13, 2008

That is bad news, I was trying to go back to GB today as I think the system was faster with gingerbread but couldn't do it.
Also, with your ROM, I couldn't take screenshots to work with my pen. Simply when I press the pen button there is no screenshot option.

ILRider

Sep 26, 2007
Illinois
Been using this for a couple days now and so far so good. I like the fact that I can navigate using the pen. One thing though, every time I go into the TV Out under Settings, I get an error "Settings has stopped unexpectedly" and I have to force close. Any ideas?

Westfire

Nov 6, 2008
Kansas City
Been using this for a couple days now and so far so good. I like the fact that I can navigate using the pen. One thing though, every time I go into the TV Out under Settings, I get an error "Settings has stopped unexpectedly" and I have to force close. Any ideas?

It is FCing on me most of the time too. I am looking to fix for the next release. It worked good on the GB version.

aostl

Feb 16, 2010
Does this have battery percentage?

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

sookieball

Dec 25, 2010
Anyone else having a problem with the front facing camera while using skype?

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk

aostl

Feb 16, 2010
I think that's a honeycomb problem not Rom specific

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

Reactions: sookieball

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Title.jpg

htc-flyer.jpg

2011-12-03_13-37-48.jpg
    2011-12-03_13-40-09.jpg

This ROM is based on the latest HTC Honeycomb leaked build (v3.55.405.1) and includes all of the HTC goodies. I am a fairly new developer and for now I intend in keeping a stock-like ROM with as much user choice as possible. I may eventually expand into some different themes but for now this ROM will be stock.

Special thanks to globatron, i00, pardonmyfreedom, empiire, jdeloach, Juwe11, SteelH, paulobrien, TeamWin, Synergy Team and everyone involved in the Revolutionary project for all the different scripts, root methods, and mods. You guys are awesome!

DONATIONS (Thank you very much!): ILRider

NOTES AND DISCLAIMERS:
    • You must be rooted to flash this ROM, so go here and follow globatron's guide to learn how to get S-OFF and set up to install this ROM
    • Be sure to do a backup before flashing and read the change log below
    • l assume no responsibility for any damage you may cause to your tablet.
    INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
    • Copy the ZIP download to the root of your SD Card (physical SD card, not internal memory)
    • Power off the tablet and reboot to recovery by holding the VOLUME DOWN and powering on the tablet
    • A full data/cache wipe is recommended before flashing
    • Navigate to "Install ZIP from SDCard" within recovery and install
    • Reboot tablet

Donations always accepted but never expected!

WestfireROM Flyer v3.0 - 12/3/2011 - Download MD5 - 809333755DB9C840032DB926CC62A104
    • New base v3.55.405.1
    • All speed tweaks and scripts below from v2.0 included
    • Updated Market 3.3.11
    • Updated Gmail 2.3.5.2
    • Updated Maps 6.0.0
    • Updated AdFree 0.8.41
    • Updated Facebook 1.7.2
    • Updated Titanium Backup 4.6.4.1
    • Added Google+ 2.1.1.219805

WestfireROM Flyer v2.0 - 9/7/2011 - Download MD5 - 2F0BF49357765635AF4B1DEAF29736F6
    • Based on v3.10.405.156
    • Added AdFree
    • Added Titanium Backup
    • Added Netflix
    • Added Root Explorer
    • Added Transformer Ice Cube LWP
    • Enabled 3D Homescreen to Settings/Display
    • No SIM card notifications
    • USB Debugging Icon removed
    • Enabled hardware acceleration
    • Tweaked WiFi scan to save battery
    • Tweaked Native Screenshot (Power + Home)
    • Browser debug menus unlocked
    • Enabled Dolby Mobile sound enhancer
    • Enabled screen calibration
    • Added TV Out functionality
    • RAM optimization script
    • Speed optimization script
    • Battery calibration script
    • Changed Dalvik heapsize
    • Rooted & Deodexed
    • Zipaligned on boot
    • SD card speed fix
    • Added SU
    • Added Busybox
    • Added startup script support for Busybox (/system/etc/init.d/)
    • Added sysro+sysrw
    • Added bash shell support
    Whew! It is about time for an update wouldn't you say? I am working on it now and hope to go live with it sometime this weekend. Good stuff! :)
    Sorry all for my absence. I took a two week vacation and then was trying to fix a buddy's tablet. Anyway, I have finally updated this ROM to the newest leaked build! Thanks globatron for all his work with S-OFF, the leak, and his guide. He is doing an awesome job!

I have been testing this ROM for almost 24 hours and I must say it is slick and extremely fast and responsive. Of course, it would be nice if HTC just released a final build but this is pretty close and polished.

Download link is up on the OP!
    Anyone else having a problem with the front facing camera while using skype

I have this problem on stock rom and on FlyHigh. seems it's really HC problem