[MIDDLE-EAST] ICS Update confirmed in MEA

Search This thread

hamedunix

Oct 19, 2011
Ahvaz
HTC confirmed ICS update for Sensation XE phones in Middle-East.
Anyone from the region got the update?
What's your first impression of it?

Sent from my Sensation XE.

skhan33

Dec 29, 2011

I am using the normal Sensation, I stay in middle east and the update is not yet available. I do check everyday once or even twice and I just get to see my phone is up to date.

gf7800

Dec 29, 2007
Tartus

Nothing so far:)
Htc sensation XE mea version 1.73.415.3
Region: Middle East

Sent from my laggy XE with GB 2.3.4

skhan33

Dec 29, 2011
HTC is very slow I have stopped checking from 2 days. I even spoke to customer care they have no idea about it.

ajdisse

Apr 1, 2012
I've got ICS here in Qatar on my Sensation XE.

I've also run itno a bug where all Wireless enwtorks disappear within 5 seconds of enabling WiFi, meaning I'm very, very unhappy with the update. It seems to be a common issue with ICS roms, and the bug appears to be in the official release.

Hoping HTC solve the issue within a week, otherwise I'll consider rooting my phoen and applying the fixes which are detailed on this site.

dgenx210

Jan 10, 2011
Manila
I've got ICS here in Qatar on my Sensation XE.

I've also run itno a bug where all Wireless enwtorks disappear within 5 seconds of enabling WiFi, meaning I'm very, very unhappy with the update. It seems to be a common issue with ICS roms, and the bug appears to be in the official release.

Hoping HTC solve the issue within a week, otherwise I'll consider rooting my phoen and applying the fixes which are detailed on this site.

Umm I have an XE and I'm currently in Qatar. I purchased this one in the Philippines.

I don't run stock (VI 4.0.1) but I also experienced this problem when I came here and it's really annoying. We're running the Qtel supplied WiFi Modem (Thomson). The thing was I didn't use it much since the wifi is screwing up and I was just staying home for a few days so I just let it discharge to empty.

I fully recharged it and then it automagically reconnected to the wifi. Weird I know but it's worth a shot

Reactions: sashikarang

ajgeronimo

Apr 1, 2012
Dubai
I've talked to HTC agent here in Dubai last night and he said "it will be available within this month". And I asked if it's this month March or next month April as it is almost midnight - he replied within April. Wow HTC in Middle East is kinda slow releasing this update, many have received the update already even unbranded ones got updates all over the globe. BTW i have normal sensation.

skhan33

Dec 29, 2011
Now after hearing to everyone I feel that its better not to have the update if it has the bug which switches off the WIFI. I think Bahrain should also get within a day or two if it is ready for Qatar

sashikarang

Apr 2, 2012
ics update wifi issue

i also updated my sensation xe in qatar ics update ota and crapped my device my wifi is not getting switched on it is detecting for 5 seconds and displaying not in range tried all kind of things no chance at all so i returned back to the shop where i bought it and it lying for three days and have confused them pls anyone can suggest me to how to downgrade to gingerbread it is under warranty so what are the chances i have got

skhan33

Dec 29, 2011
i also updated my sensation xe in qatar ics update ota and crapped my device my wifi is not getting switched on it is detecting for 5 seconds and displaying not in range tried all kind of things no chance at all so i returned back to the shop where i bought it and it lying for three days and have confused them pls anyone can suggest me to how to downgrade to gingerbread it is under warranty so what are the chances i have got
Try doing factory settings this is what I heard that as soon as you update you need to go for a factory settings. I haven't got the update but I have heard you will solve your problem hopefully

hamedunix

Oct 19, 2011
Ahvaz

Is your phone middle-eastern version? Does it support Arabic keyboard?

IceCookies

Mar 13, 2012
Dubai
Meh, checked my sister's stock Sensation XE today. No update yet.
Region: Middle East

Epicly, my phone already has 4.0.3 with ARHD. :D

sashikarang

Apr 2, 2012
ics update wifi issue

Is your phone middle-eastern version? Does it support Arabic keyboard?

no it is belive to be south east asia and i did fctory reset removed my battrey did all sought of things nothing happening mmmmmmm desparate

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Try doing factory settings this is what I heard that as soon as you update you need to go for a factory settings. I haven't got the update but I have heard you will solve your problem hopefully
yes after updating i did a factory reset even i went through htc helpline they also could not figure it out it is the update i am sure is the issue anyone know how to reinstall the update pls help:confused:

ajdisse

Apr 1, 2012
yes after updating i did a factory reset even i went through htc helpline they also could not figure it out it is the update i am sure is the issue anyone know how to reinstall the update pls help:confused:

I'd warn those who don't have a locally purchased Sensation against installing ICS as released in the OTA upgrade - as per the problem a number of us have, detailed above and in this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24390705&posted=1#post24390705 thread.

While I suggest we confine discussion of the bug to that thread, it may be possible to revert to gingerbread if your phones CID has an available RUU which you can execute against. I also have a suspicion (or hope?) HTC have delayed the release of ICS OTA in the Middle East because the issue seems to be based on some sort of SIM related data.

Last edited:

skhan33

Dec 29, 2011
no it is belive to be south east asia and i did fctory reset removed my battrey did all sought of things nothing happening mmmmmmm desparate

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

HTC told that they will be releasing an update this month to solve this problem as many ICS users facing same problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Syria updated no wifi :(

ver: 4.0.3
    Sen: 3.6
    soft: 3.32.415.15

we need solution ... :(

If you need a very fast solution, root and install wifix. It works perfect on my device (I'm rooted). Or you can s-off, 4ext and install a custom ics Rom which is pre-rooted.
    However you can wait for HTC to release a fix for middle eastern phones.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using XDA
    Checked now and downloading ICS update, will post again with feedback.

HTC Sensation , Egypt

Every thing working fine after update ,Wifi tested and working fine till now.
    Will post again if there is any bugs.

Best Regards.
    do you fix the wifi issue ?? and How ???

If you're prepared to root your phone you can run the wi-fi fix application which fixes this issue.

Of course, if you root your phone you potentially lose your warranty, and there's a small/tiny chance you'll brick your phone especially if you don't follow the instructions correctly.

The existence of this application is an indication of how poor HTC support is - if the open community can identify and bug fix the problem - then why can't HTC?

I'd warn those who don't have a locally purchased Sensation against installing ICS as released in the OTA upgrade - as per the problem a number of us have, detailed above and in this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24390705&posted=1#post24390705 thread.

While I suggest we confine discussion of the bug to that thread, it may be possible to revert to gingerbread if your phones CID has an available RUU which you can execute against. I also have a suspicion (or hope?) HTC have delayed the release of ICS OTA in the Middle East because the issue seems to be based on some sort of SIM related data.