No data connection after flashing a new ROM? Look here for fix.

Search This thread

wp7chris

Sep 24, 2011
I experienced the problem of no data connection after flashing a new rom on my Optimus G. The phone needs to be reprogrammed, updating your PRL and Profile will NOT help. You must dial ##72786# this will start the handsfree activation and your phone will reboot a few times. It may take a few seconds in between steps of the activation and it will seem like nothing is happening. Just be patient and wait for everything to complete. When it is finished your phone's data connection will be working properly.

eyeisdasteve

Dec 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I experienced the problem of no data connection after flashing a new rom on my Optimus G. The phone needs to be reprogrammed, updating your PRL and Profile will NOT help. You must dial ##72786# this will start the handsfree activation and your phone will reboot a few times. It may take a few seconds in between steps of the activation and it will seem like nothing is happening. Just be patient and wait for everything to complete. When it is finished your phone's data connection will be working properly.

Profile update worked everytime for me.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda premium

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
Some history,
I've been running Imperium and stockishv1 and v2 for a few days. I've made a couple backups along the way. About an hour ago I lost data. The phone works and makes calls, but my data is dead.
I've tried update profile and prl, and all I get is" Network error" I've tried this many times throughout all these steps.
I've restored backups, pre-Imperium and Stockishv1 with the same results.
I tried the procedure in this thread and still nothing.

Anybody have any other ideas? Would LGNPST restore the phones modem?

Last edited:

engine95

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2008
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 4a
You guys need to read this. I am going to open an LGOG Issues thread but need to grab some food first.
I did, and responded in your ROM thread. Thanks

edit: Now all of a sudden data is working. BTW when my data wasn't working it still showed a flashing 3G. Sometimes. Both arrows on and off

edit 2: Also when data wasn't working, It kept wanting to roam.

Last edited:

genaro12543

Dec 2, 2010
I did, and responded in your ROM thread. Thanks

edit: Now all of a sudden data is working. BTW when my data wasn't working it still showed a flashing 3G. Sometimes. Both arrows on and off

edit 2: Also when data wasn't working, It kept wanting to roam.

More than likely your area no? Sprints been working on towers

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app

benmatlock

Dec 20, 2012
Related:

I killed the connection optimizer while I was at work because I can't use work's wifi and listen to my icecast station I setup.

This killed my data connection and immediately put my phone into roaming. I rebooted like three times and finally my data came back (i also updated the PRL and the Profile, not sure which fixed it but something did)

From the things you guys speak of, I would guess the same issue is at hand.

ALSO: Stock rooted rom (non-deodex pure stock with bloatware frozen with titanium)

Last edited:

Klyy

Sep 9, 2014
No Data Connection

I'm pretty new here and I"m not sure where else to post this,
but I"m having a similar problem.
I am running CloudyG3 rom on Verizon LGG2 and after flash I have no data connection at all.
If anyone could help me or direct to somewhere where I can get help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

dopy25

Feb 21, 2009
Fresno
I'm pretty new here and I"m not sure where else to post this,
but I"m having a similar problem.
I am running CloudyG3 rom on Verizon LGG2 and after flash I have no data connection at all.
If anyone could help me or direct to somewhere where I can get help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Try the G2 thread, I'm sure if you post in the exact same section over there you might have better results. General answer is that it is probably APN settings. Find an app, enter them, set it, and reboot (might not need to reboot).

G2 discussion below....
http://xdaforums.com/verizon-g2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You guys need to read this. I am going to open an LGOG Issues thread but need to grab some food first.
    reopened the issues thread