Scroll lagging and difficulty tapping

Search This thread

fearofbirds

Mar 4, 2014
Hi all,

I just unboxed a new Xperia Z2 Tablet and i've had some trouble with scrolling. I previously had an iPad and currently use a Nexus 5, and i'm used to two things:

1. Scrolling is easy and responsive - ie the screen moves with my finger, which I guess is the point.

2. I tap where I intend to tap, and the app responds according to what i've tapped.

Neither of these are happening with the Z2. I've still got faith. I figure i'm doing something wrong though. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
Hi all,

I just unboxed a new Xperia Z2 Tablet and i've had some trouble with scrolling. I previously had an iPad and currently use a Nexus 5, and i'm used to two things:

1. Scrolling is easy and responsive - ie the screen moves with my finger, which I guess is the point.

2. I tap where I intend to tap, and the app responds according to what i've tapped.

Neither of these are happening with the Z2. I've still got faith. I figure i'm doing something wrong though. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Please update the firmware to the newest one (last characters are .402) and see whether the problems are gone. Earlier firmwares are known to have touchscreen problems.

You can use the Sony PC Companion software for your PC to do the update if the tablet doesn't show availability of an OTA update. Or, if both don't work, flash a FTF from this forum via Flashtool.

james_lpool

Apr 25, 2012
Liverpool
i still have this issue even with .402

not sure if i am going to send it back and get money back, not surew how long it will take to fix? :(

fearofbirds

Mar 4, 2014
I'm in the same boat. Still not great with the firmware update. Sounds from other threads that there are others looking into it too and Sony aren't helping... Not sure what else to do. Except wait...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

hasenbein1966

Aug 9, 2011
Send it back, accompanied by a peppery letter that Sony's service is abysmal and that you won't buy another Sony device.
Write in the letter that you KNOW that Sony's support employees have an order to deny the existence of the touchscreen problem and that such a behavior is incredibly impudent and the opposite of service.

They must start to know that the customers don't accept certain things, period.

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver
I don't have any of the issues you have mentioned. I'm on. 402 too, I have so many things running and sitting at 900 Mb of free ram with complete zero lag. Still have touch screen issue but it's not as major as before. Probably happens every three days or sometimes just none. have you tried repairing it with Sony update service or Sony pc companion? Try those, and before you do that go to settings / back up and reset and do a factory reset.

If the problem still persist then exchange or refund it.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

degraaff

Jan 21, 2012
I too have the impression that there are less ignored taps when doubletap to wake is disabled

olivenoire

Jun 19, 2012
Actually I own z ultra and a z1 compact and a z2 tablet
Ultra: no problem at all
Z2 tablet, leggy, unresponsive. I'm trying to sell it on eBay after 3 weeks
Z1 compact. Near unusable. Too much sensitive.

By by Sony. Returning to apple. Sadly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Send it back, accompanied by a peppery letter that Sony's service is abysmal and that you won't buy another Sony device.
    Write in the letter that you KNOW that Sony's support employees have an order to deny the existence of the touchscreen problem and that such a behavior is incredibly impudent and the opposite of service.

They must start to know that the customers don't accept certain things, period.